Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Counter Picking.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Counter Picking. 121 posts - page 6 of 13
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eightfold » November 6, 2014 6:52am | Report
Huskar

He cares not for your Nether Ward.
There's no earthy way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing, or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining, is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of Hell a-glowing? Is the grisly Reaper mowing?! YES! The danger must be growing! For the rowers keep on rowing! And there's certainly not showing ANY SIGNS THAT THEY ARE SLOWING!

Hit that Rep button, you know you want to.

Eightfold

Notable (9)
Steam: Lord Indoril Nerevar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 6, 2014 7:01am | Report
Lina. 950 pure damage that goes through BKB, Laguna Blade just fries Huskar.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » November 6, 2014 7:08am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Lina. 950 pure damage that goes through BKB, Laguna Blade just fries Huskar.

I thought you couldn't consider items, and without an Agh's upgrade Lina's ultimate does literally nothing to Huskar...

By the way, Tiny is my answer: lots of HP so Lina's combo won't kill him and, on the other side, a combo of his own that should almost (if not) kill her in one hit. Plus, his Craggy Exterior will prevent Lina from spamming autoattacks with Fiery Soul.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Izzet Cthulu » November 6, 2014 7:52am | Report
My answer to Tiny: Lifestealer. You can become magic immune with Rage to avoid the Avalanche ---> Toss combo and his Feast will make Tiny's nature tankiness into a weakness... For Craggy Exterior, I think that we can just pray to RNGesus to deal with it.
(Z->)90° - (E-N²W)90°t=1

Izzet Cthulu

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 6, 2014 7:59am | Report
But Lina almost aways goes for Aghs... This rule of ignoring items makes no sense. Otherwise any hero with a stun is a counter to Enigma if you don't assume he's going for a Black King Bar. Or Huskar is a hard counter to Doom because Doom doesn't disable passives without Aghs. Even Drow Ranger is a hard counter to Anti-Mage if you assume that manta and BKB don't exist...while in truth it's the other way around.

Of course heroes buy items, What sense does it make to assume that they don't?
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » November 6, 2014 8:01am | Report
it makes sense like this.

we are talking about pure counters. no items needed. just skillset vs skillset.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » November 6, 2014 8:02am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

But Lina almost aways goes for Aghs... This rule of ignoring items makes no sense. Otherwise any hero with a stun is a counter to Enigma if you don't assume he's going for a Black King Bar. Or Huskar is a hard counter to Doom because Doom doesn't disable passives without Aghs. Of course heroes buy items, What sense does it make to assume that they don't?

she doesnt always go for aghs, and it isnt even realistic to assume that she will get aghs.

think about it, an enemy picks huskar, would your first though be: YES ILL PICK LINA. **** no. you obviously pick Timbersaw, he is the hardest Huskar counter by far. he destroys him so hard its not even funny.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » November 6, 2014 8:09am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

But Lina almost aways goes for Aghs... This rule of ignoring items makes no sense. Otherwise any hero with a stun is a counter to Enigma if you don't assume he's going for a Black King Bar. Or Huskar is a hard counter to Doom because Doom doesn't disable passives without Aghs. Even Drow Ranger is a hard counter to Anti-Mage if you assume that manta and BKB don't exist...while in truth it's the other way around.

Of course heroes buy items, What sense does it make to assume that they don't?

Assume it's 1 v 1 mid. There isn't enough time to get any meaningful items, pure counters as KoDyAbAbA said.

KoDyAbAbA wrote:

we are talking about pure counters. no items needed. just skillset vs skillset.
Dimonychan wrote:

Split-puhing <- when you do it.
Rat doto <- when enemy does it.

Romark14

Notable (7)
Steam: Romark14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » November 6, 2014 8:11am | Report
Against Timbersaw a silence will be devastating. Since Doom is out probably Silencer or Death Prophet

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Seagull » November 6, 2014 8:30am | Report
In my opinion the items should be restricted to only (absolute?) core items. I think it would be quite awkward if we can't expect our Earthshaker not having Blink Dagger and thus not being able to counter anyone really. We aren't talking about a lvl 1 situation either so I think it would be fair to expect the most common items as there's a lot of heroes that require for example a Blink Dagger to do anything.

Seagull

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (9)
Steam: HAEÆ

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved