Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Counter Picking.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Counter Picking. 121 posts - page 5 of 13
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » November 6, 2014 4:55am | Report

Nyx Assassin instakills your Techies and evades the suicide attempt with Spiked Carapace (though it should still count as a deny). And he can also damage Techies from the other side of the map by walking on mines when the Carapace is active.

Techies will not take damage if you blademail or spike carapace mine blasts. I've seen so many fail nyx assassins running into my mines with spike carapace on and dying instantly :D.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » November 6, 2014 4:56am | Report
Don't know about the easy 5s stun. After all Disruption will spawn two illusions which SD can use as a shield.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 6, 2014 4:56am | Report
Spirit Breaker says "Moo!" - Leap as much as you want, go invis, he can still wreck you. And no 5 second stuns while you are busy with the cow.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » November 6, 2014 5:02am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

Spirit Breaker says "Moo!" - Leap as much as you want, go invis, he can still wreck you. And no 5 second stuns while you are busy with the cow.

Your bovine brutality won't stop Clockwerk from wrecking your face.

Tick tock
You can't charge anywhere with Hookshot
Kling klang
He zips onto you during a gank
Ping ping
Battery ***ult's gonna sting
Gee gee
Your team surrenders when they see me

:D

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » November 6, 2014 5:05am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

Techies will not take damage if you blademail or spike carapace mine blasts. I've seen so many fail nyx assassins running into my mines with spike carapace on and dying instantly :D.

So that's why I died that time...

Don't know about the easy 5s stun. After all Disruption will spawn two illusions which SD can use as a shield.

True, forgot about that. But I guess you could try anyway and, if things go wrong, throw a Starstorm and kite him around. There is no "real" counter to SD to me, but Mirana can at least exploit the disable time of Disruption and get rid of illusions with AoE spells.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » November 6, 2014 5:27am | Report
i knew this would go crazy hahahahahaha

OK SO ...

RULES

NO ITEMS ALLOWED
CANT REUSE A HERO UNTIL ALL HEROES ARE USED.

the "counter aspect" will be set as to all stages of the game. so an OVERALL counter.

thus the hardest OVERALL counter to Broodmother would be .. Earthshaker

see?

also

Mirana

hmmmm

i will say Slark cant leap out of pounce ill stell all your stats and Dark Pact negates your arrow also shadow dance for the win...

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Izzet Cthulu » November 6, 2014 5:46am | Report
Yes, but to counter Slark there are lots of options: Centaur Warrunner , Brewmaster, Axe... Bloodseeker. Yeah, let's go with Bloodseeker.
(Z->)90° - (E-N²W)90°t=1

Izzet Cthulu

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » November 6, 2014 6:11am | Report
Izzet Cthulu wrote:

Yes, but to counter Slark there are lots of options: Centaur Warrunner , Brewmaster, Axe... Bloodseeker. Yeah, let's go with Bloodseeker.

razor, he stands his ground and drains his damage so he cant go in and attack.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Seagull » November 6, 2014 6:18am | Report
Queen of Pain blinks out of link, and doesn't rely on right clicks to do damage.

Seagull

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (9)
Steam: HAEÆ
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » November 6, 2014 6:32am | Report
Pugna

QoP spams, Qop dies.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved