Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Counter Picking.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Counter Picking. 121 posts - page 3 of 13
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 5, 2014 10:55pm | Report
Bane is a hard counter to Huskar. Not the other way around. With Enfeeble Huskar has high attack speed but deals no damage (which also means no lifesteal). And Fiend's Grip locks him in place which stops his DPS. Anything with a BKB-piercing stun makes Huskar unplayable.
Bane is a disabler not a nuker.

Ok so Meepo. Best counter is Ember Spirit without question (anyone saying Earthshaker needs to go back to math class).
Imba spirit can pretty much two-shot Meepo with double battlefury (one-shot if he's ahead)!. Since each Meepo hit cleaves 70% of the damage to the other ones, it effectively increases the damage by...280%. If Ember has 300 attack damage, one SoF will deal 840 pure damage (that isn't reduced by anything) to every Meepo. And that's just the cleave damage, on top of the regular damage. Rinse and repeat, And then Ember gets a Daedalus...GG boys. Oh and he can escape Earthbind also, since his stupid remnant thingy isn't considered a blink (volvo pls).
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » November 5, 2014 11:31pm | Report
Faceless Void for Ember Spirit? Or even anti mage, Spectre??

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » November 5, 2014 11:43pm | Report
Naw, Imba Spirit is countered by long silences, so AM and Spectre won't do a thing. Void may well find his Chrono missing due to Remnant jumping. I'd say Riki hard counters Imba - silence from invis, jump on him, Ember dies in 3 hits with no chance to run.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 6, 2014 12:49am | Report
Terathiel wrote:

Naw, Imba Spirit is countered by long silences, so AM and Spectre won't do a thing. Void may well find his Chrono missing due to Remnant jumping. I'd say Riki hard counters Imba - silence from invis, jump on him, Ember dies in 3 hits with no chance to run.

Riki? Well, if we won't take items into account I would say Slardar - he is impossible to kill even in cloud for Riki and if Riki has revealed himself he has little to no chances to escape again.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » November 6, 2014 12:52am | Report
Riki is hard countered by a Bounty Hunter with a Dust of Appearance.Trace him, he purges, dust him, he purges, track him again.Lol easy way to destroy his purge count.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 6, 2014 1:05am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

Riki is hard countered by a Bounty Hunter with a Dust of Appearance.Trace him, he purges, dust him, he purges, track him again.Lol easy way to destroy his purge count.

Bh can't manfight Riki in cloud. How can you see him before he strikes without Sentries(items are not allowed)? Riki has no diffusal, and even if he had Slar could basically do the same with just a little less success.

Slardar>Bh because he doesn't die in the cloud.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » November 6, 2014 1:59am | Report
For Slardar, someone with disables, chase and hitting power... ... Centaur Warrunner ?
Dimonychan wrote:

Split-puhing <- when you do it.
Rat doto <- when enemy does it.

Romark14

Notable (7)
Steam: Romark14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SleepyBoy1998 » November 6, 2014 2:06am | Report
Riki: Hmm, ever try Bounty Hunter with an Orchid Malevolence? That will help against smoke and Blink Strike. And if he is going to purge with Diffusal Blade, he will only one off, either get the Track off or the Soul Burn off. But i haven't seen a Riki with Diffisual Blade in a long time, they only go for Mask of Madness and Skull Basher now since the new meta, so an Bounty Hunter with an Orchid Malevolence will wreck him.

Slardar: High damage output because of ridiculous ultimate, hmm, a long range damage dealer like Drow Ranger or Sniper will tick him off easily. Slardar can crush Drow Ranger and Sniper and vise verca, it depends on who get the first hit on.

SleepyBoy1998

Steam: [B4UC]_ME
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » November 6, 2014 2:08am | Report
for centaur, some one who does not care about magical damage while dealing a lot of damage. Lifestealer

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ElDiablo » November 6, 2014 3:07am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

for centaur, some one who does not care about magical damage while dealing a lot of damage. Lifestealer

I would pick Phantom Assassin to counter Lifestealer because she deals lots of physical damage.
Master of the hidden art of typoing and the greatest enemy of RNGesus

Check out my second hero idea Izinaga the Guardian

ElDiablo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (10)
Steam: ElDiablo

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved