Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Counter Picking.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Counter Picking. 121 posts - page 7 of 13
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Izzet Cthulu » November 6, 2014 8:45am | Report
Unfortunately, there are rules. Sorry. For the counter to Timbersaw, Death Prophet and Silencer have already been used, so we need another silence, like Nightstalker or Drow Ranger. However, I would say that Legion Commander is his biggest counter; that or Windranger.
(Z->)90° - (E-N²W)90°t=1

Izzet Cthulu

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eightfold » November 6, 2014 8:52am | Report
Counter to Legion Commander: Ursa. If you Duel him, Overpower will wreck you.
There's no earthy way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing, or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining, is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of Hell a-glowing? Is the grisly Reaper mowing?! YES! The danger must be growing! For the rowers keep on rowing! And there's certainly not showing ANY SIGNS THAT THEY ARE SLOWING!

Hit that Rep button, you know you want to.

Eightfold

Notable (9)
Steam: Lord Indoril Nerevar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Izzet Cthulu » November 6, 2014 9:14am | Report
Counter to Ursa: Troll Warlord. The whirling axes make ursa miss, and Troll Warlord can kite in ranged form (remember, no Blink) or perma-bash in Melee.
(Z->)90° - (E-N²W)90°t=1

Izzet Cthulu

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » November 6, 2014 9:21am | Report
Counter to Timbersaw is Bane and Pugna.
Counter to Doom is Wraith King and probably Phantom Lancer because it would be hard for Doom to find out who is the real Phantom Lancer.
Counter to Slark is Bloodseeker.
Pugna is a counter to all spell casters. Especially Storm Spirit and Timbersaw get wrecked by Pugna.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Izzet Cthulu » November 6, 2014 9:33am | Report
Agreed.
(Z->)90° - (E-N²W)90°t=1

Izzet Cthulu

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Izzet Cthulu » November 6, 2014 9:34am | Report
So Smuggels, how about a new start point to keep this fresh.
(Z->)90° - (E-N²W)90°t=1

Izzet Cthulu

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 6, 2014 11:02am | Report
We've got to track used heroes somehow. I think we can just hide the list of heroes remaining under spoiler and re-post it with each answer excluding the hero you used.

As some heroes were already mentioned twhice or thrice I think we need to start over.

So maybe we should start with most picked hero, Pudge?

Hero List

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Izzet Cthulu » November 6, 2014 11:37am | Report
I agree. I don't know how to report yet XP but the hardest counter to Pudge is Lifestealer.
(Z->)90° - (E-N²W)90°t=1

Izzet Cthulu

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eightfold » November 6, 2014 12:38pm | Report
Windranger(runner) Is a decent counter to him. 100% evasion, not too much fat for Lifestealer to nom on, a good stun (assuming Rage isn't up), and a decent nuke.
There's no earthy way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing, or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining, is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of Hell a-glowing? Is the grisly Reaper mowing?! YES! The danger must be growing! For the rowers keep on rowing! And there's certainly not showing ANY SIGNS THAT THEY ARE SLOWING!

Hit that Rep button, you know you want to.

Eightfold

Notable (9)
Steam: Lord Indoril Nerevar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Seagull » November 6, 2014 1:13pm | Report
Lion, no running from these stuns, too much magical burst, and hex disables evasion.

Seagull

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (9)
Steam: HAEÆ

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved