Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best Hero To Pick Up A Dagon: Revealed !!!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 >>
Forum
Forum » Theory Crafting » Best Hero To Pick Up A Dagon: Revealed !!! 101 posts - page 4 of 11
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » October 16, 2012 4:35am | Report
MetalHead wrote:

I have seen a really good build on Lina with dagon, she had a huge burst damage. Dragon Slave + Stun + Ulti + Dagon = 280 + 280 + 950(1250 with scepter) + 800= 2310(2610 with scepter)

If you want to increase that damage, you could purchase a Veil of Discord.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Captain Planet » October 16, 2012 7:52am | Report
I played a game a few days ago with Dagon Pudge, it was rather hilarious.

Captain Planet

Notable (4)
Steam: Captain Planet
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » October 16, 2012 8:59am | Report
I think Dagon on Warlock is also viable. Warlock ahs no burst damage spell. So Dagon gives him a little more DPS.

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by nryn » October 16, 2012 12:18pm | Report
Pu12e wrote:

I think Dagon on Warlock is also viable. Warlock ahs no burst damage spell. So Dagon gives him a little more DPS.

aghanims+refresher is better alternative for warlock.

and regen items so you can survive the fight. i rarely use my shadow word to myself when playing warlock. sure it heals, but it damages too, so i just use tranquil boots for my own healing.

plus there's fatal bonds. it's warlock's best asset.

nryn

Notable (1)
Steam: rice_in_a_bowl
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wilddeonpwn » October 17, 2012 12:05am | Report
Tinker, NYC, Lina and lion, and many more are the great Dagon wielders. Usually I just hate Dagon wielders cos they always just kills teal with it

wilddeonpwn

Established (102)
Steam: wilddeonpwn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » October 30, 2012 8:44am | Report
So I just played Doom with Dagon and that is such an OP combo. Almost instakill with lvl 3 doom.

Also Veomancer + Dagon is another OP combo.

Pu12e

Notable (11)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » October 30, 2012 9:12am | Report
Pu12e wrote:

So I just played Doom with Dagon and that is such an OP combo. Almost instakill with lvl 3 doom.

Also Veomancer + Dagon is another OP combo.

Um no, let me explain you, you may buy Dagon on any hero, but it's not an item that helps the team at all, it just makes you kill steal really easy.

You better buy something that actually could help your team, like Arcane Boots, Mekansm, Drum of Endurance, not burst items, supports don't need that at all, especially Venomancer.

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » October 30, 2012 9:56am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

Um no, let me explain you, you may buy Dagon on any hero, but it's not an item that helps the team at all, it just makes you kill steal really easy.

You better buy something that actually could help your team, like Arcane Boots, Mekansm, Drum of Endurance, not burst items, supports don't need that at all, especially Venomancer.

Ok so Hades I think you need to analyze the dagon pick-up just a little bit more thoroughly. I will help you to do this by giving you an example of a scenario where a dagon would be more useful than some “team helping item” like mek/drum/pipe etc.

Lvl 16 Doom Bringer gets a lvl 4 dagon and kills an enemy instantly in a team battle. That helps your team greatly because now your team won’t be taking any damage that hero would have caused if he was alive. Why do you need mek or pipe or w/e if the enemy player doing that damage is dead? … You don’t. I am an offensive player and I like to build all my heroes offensively. My logic is simply this… “ If you kill he enemy faster than he can kill you then you won’t need to buy defensive items.”

Pu12e

Notable (11)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » October 30, 2012 10:05am | Report
Pu12e wrote:

Ok so Hades I think you need to analyze the dagon pick-up just a little bit more thoroughly. I will help you to do this by giving you an example of a scenario where a dagon would be more useful than some �team helping item� like mek/drum/pipe etc.

Lvl 16 Doom Bringer gets a lvl 4 dagon and kills an enemy instantly in a team battle. That helps your team greatly because now your team won�t be taking any damage that hero would have caused if he was alive. Why do you need mek or pipe or w/e if the enemy player doing that damage is dead? � You don�t. I am an offensive player and I like to build all my heroes offensively. My logic is simply this� � If you kill he enemy faster than he can kill you then you won�t need to buy defensive items.�

I wasn't talking about Doom Bringer, I was talking about Venomancer, Doom Bringer isn't a support, Venomancer is, that's my point.

Also, you win as a carry with every hero because you are playing against bad players, if you were playing against good players, they'd know how to shut you down, since support heroes aren't meant to carry, there are better carries out there that can do it beteter.

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » October 30, 2012 12:28pm | Report
Hades4u wrote:

I wasn't talking about Doom Bringer, I was talking about Venomancer, Doom Bringer isn't a support, Venomancer is, that's my point.

Also, you win as a carry with every hero because you are playing against bad players, if you were playing against good players, they'd know how to shut you down, since support heroes aren't meant to carry, there are better carries out there that can do it beteter.

The first game we played togther I was given Veno and I build him as a carry. I ended up carrying the team even though people see him as a support hero. Our SK could not carry us because he did not have a chance to get the farm he needed.

In my opinion almost every dota2 hero, some more than others, has the ability to carry. Veno is a carry like any other but he can be played as a suport. CM can be played as a support but I have seen her carry. Necrolyte is also a support that I have seen carry. I have carried as Shadow Shaman many times.... Carrying is all relative.

Pu12e

Notable (11)
View My Blog
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 >>
Forum

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved