Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best Hero To Pick Up A Dagon: Revealed !!!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

<< 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 >>
Forum
Forum » Theory Crafting » Best Hero To Pick Up A Dagon: Revealed !!! 101 posts - page 6 of 11
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Salawayun » November 13, 2012 10:03pm | Report
Dagon being a core on Nyx works greatly....against brain dead pubbies that is. The idea is to Vend-Attack Burst-Impale-Burn-Dagon Burst, but if they'd be poppin' in Sents and Gems early then all that farm instantly goes to waste.

Salawayun

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Vash » November 18, 2012 5:16pm | Report
You guys have pretty much said everything that I would've said in this thread. Except that did see a Dagon work suprisingly well on an Ogre Magi once. It went Orchid Malevolence + Veil of Discord + Fireblast + Dagon + Unrefined Fireblast... then rinse and repeat with Refresher Orb.
"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that." - Vash the Stampede

Lest we forget...

Vash

Notable (10)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by LordDraigo » November 19, 2012 2:44pm | Report
Ah Dagon, if ever an item was badly made, it was this item. I feel Nyx was designed around Dagon, not Dagon being a useful item.

See, with Dagon, it feels like Hand of Midas in some respect. What I mean is, if you build Hand of Midas, you need to use it to pay off it's price and justify it's purchase as an item, especially since the item is simply a farm enhancer. Dagon is roughly 8K gold for a nuke, a good nuke granted, but still just a nuke. With Dagon, you have to start killing people with it to justify it's purchase. I'm sure I don't need to explain to you people that 8K is a lot of gold. My problem, is that the heroes who want the item, are the heroes not in a position to afford it.

Zeus, Lina and Lion are three heroes mentioned that are potential users of Dagon. Out of those three, only Zeus and Lina are likely to ever see the gold to put towards a Dagon, Lion being item independant. Zeus however, needs some serious mana regen otherwise his niche of spammable nukes will quickly end up with mana issues. Lina is flexibe granted, but her combo I find is usually enough damage to kill, and Dagon will introduce more issues. I'd rather a Lina have access to an AoE stun than a Dagon Use.

Nyx is an exception because as a ganker, his burst damage is actually moderate. It reminds me of initiators who get blink, Nyx needs Dagon to fulfill his role appropiately.

Also, I hate to say this, Natures Prophet can supplement His ulti with Dagon as well, to give him more solo gank power. But Natures prophet works with any item.
Sad there is no Nyx Picture :(

Steam: Nareik123, Nickname: LordDraigo. Hit me up for some team stuff.

LordDraigo

Steam: nareik123
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PrinceSitri » November 20, 2012 12:59am | Report
Dagon on Nyx, he is pretty much the predecessor of HoN's Fayde and like his counterpart on HoN, Fayde also needs a Codex on her build. A level 1 Dagon is enough, a 1300 price is not viable for an additional 100 damage only.

Lion is good with a Dagon too so is Bane, usually it is fitted to gankers with burst damage to finish the kill or guarantee the kill.

PrinceSitri

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » November 26, 2012 4:23pm | Report
LordDraigo wrote:

Ah Dagon, if ever an item was badly made, it was this item. I feel Nyx was designed around Dagon, not Dagon being a useful item.

See, with Dagon, it feels like Hand of Midas in some respect. What I mean is, if you build Hand of Midas, you need to use it to pay off it's price and justify it's purchase as an item, especially since the item is simply a farm enhancer. Dagon is roughly 8K gold for a nuke, a good nuke granted, but still just a nuke. With Dagon, you have to start killing people with it to justify it's purchase. I'm sure I don't need to explain to you people that 8K is a lot of gold. My problem, is that the heroes who want the item, are the heroes not in a position to afford it.

Zeus, Lina and Lion are three heroes mentioned that are potential users of Dagon. Out of those three, only Zeus and Lina are likely to ever see the gold to put towards a Dagon, Lion being item independant. Zeus however, needs some serious mana regen otherwise his niche of spammable nukes will quickly end up with mana issues. Lina is flexibe granted, but her combo I find is usually enough damage to kill, and Dagon will introduce more issues. I'd rather a Lina have access to an AoE stun than a Dagon Use.

Nyx is an exception because as a ganker, his burst damage is actually moderate. It reminds me of initiators who get blink, Nyx needs Dagon to fulfill his role appropiately.

Also, I hate to say this, Natures Prophet can supplement His ulti with Dagon as well, to give him more solo gank power. But Natures prophet works with any item.

All your points are valid and well taken. But, I have found the best use of the Dagon. All I have to say is that Bloodseeker is the best Dagon Weilder. Bloodseeker can act like a tank with a Dagon.
Example: Blood Seeker gets ultied by Lion and is almost dead. Lina Ultie s Lion and Bloodseeker uses Dagon for the finishing blow and bam he is back to full life.

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperNova » November 27, 2012 8:49am | Report
Vash wrote:

You guys have pretty much said everything that I would've said in this thread. Except that did see a Dagon work suprisingly well on an Ogre Magi once. It went Orchid Malevolence + Veil of Discord + Fireblast + Dagon + Unrefined Fireblast... then rinse and repeat with Refresher Orb.

thats a huge nuke combo but it will take titanic amounts of mana to perform.

SuperNova

Notable (16)
Steam: BaconBorn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Vash » November 29, 2012 12:04pm | Report
SuperNova wrote:

thats a huge nuke combo but it will take titanic amounts of mana to perform.

Totally agree. This was not an early game setup by any means.
"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that." - Vash the Stampede

Lest we forget...

Vash

Notable (10)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » November 30, 2012 10:10am | Report
Vash wrote:

Totally agree. This was not an early game setup by any means.

You can say that again. But Dagon on Ogre Magi sounds fun!

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by caYabo » December 9, 2012 1:43pm | Report
i was wondering when someone would mention ogre magi dagon combo. he can easily late game carry with orchid and dagon due to his unreal stat gains. you will run out of mana issues completely with orchid and scepter by lvl 18

caYabo

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sir Azar Claden » January 10, 2013 5:48am | Report
I experimented using Dagon with Lina. It didn't work for me but maybe there is a way to make it work?

Sir Azar Claden

Notable (2)
<< 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 >>
Forum

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved