Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best Hero To Pick Up A Dagon: Revealed !!!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

<< 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >>
Forum
Forum » Theory Crafting » Best Hero To Pick Up A Dagon: Revealed !!! 101 posts - page 9 of 11
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » May 2, 2013 11:43am | Report

Support Riki with a Dagon, Mek, Force Staff. ;P

I have never tried this but I really want to...

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » May 3, 2013 9:04am | Report
It's hard to do, because Riki's only real support usefulness is his invisibility. So most of the time you're just running around doing nothing. ;P

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Captain Planet » May 19, 2013 9:18pm | Report
Interesting this thread is still going strong after all this time... First post in ages.

The dagon... An item that basically gives you that finishing burst. Especially at lvl 5 when it is actually cheaper and more spammable... Its basically better then lina and lion ult at lvl 5... But thats the price of nearly 8k right?

Any hero who has spent this much money to buy this Strange Staff named after a baker of hell, can instantly hit MOST heroes for about 600 dmg( after resist), Then use it again in 15 seconds. 15 second cd thats 1200 dmg in 15 seconds? might justify the price...

So whats the point of all this? Analyze what DPS actually is, in comparison, 600 dmg every 15 seconds, that calculates to 40 dmg per second. So lets you spend that money on a ludicrous item like divine instead.... On any hero.... over 15 seconds you have access to 3750 dps in the item alone(ok not that much due to armor but we can say at 30 percent resist avg which comes to 2625 dmg). Of course I didnt take into account attack speed... Which we can reduce to 2 seconds which i dont think any hero is that slow and you still get more dps at about 1300 dmg.

So in reality lets piece this together... Supports should never buy this item... and any form of hero(albeit Nyx)... especially one who can do good or even semi DECENT atk dmg... Should never use this item. The farm required for it is better used on items to increase your dps. Plus.. mid-late game dps is generally around 200 a second.. I know how important time is, but 3 seconds to 1 second doesnt make to much of a differance, at least to justify the cost of dagon, to really be viable.

But.... Its still fun to use.

Captain Planet

Notable (4)
Steam: Captain Planet
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » May 19, 2013 10:32pm | Report
Best hero to pick up a dagon?
Definitely tinker and arc warden, with tinker being the more powerful of the two to pick it up
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » May 29, 2013 11:59am | Report

Interesting this thread is still going strong after all this time... First post in ages.

The dagon... An item that basically gives you that finishing burst. Especially at lvl 5 when it is actually cheaper and more spammable... Its basically better then lina and lion ult at lvl 5... But thats the price of nearly 8k right?

Any hero who has spent this much money to buy this Strange Staff named after a baker of hell, can instantly hit MOST heroes for about 600 dmg( after resist), Then use it again in 15 seconds. 15 second cd thats 1200 dmg in 15 seconds? might justify the price...

So whats the point of all this? Analyze what DPS actually is, in comparison, 600 dmg every 15 seconds, that calculates to 40 dmg per second. So lets you spend that money on a ludicrous item like divine instead.... On any hero.... over 15 seconds you have access to 3750 dps in the item alone(ok not that much due to armor but we can say at 30 percent resist avg which comes to 2625 dmg). Of course I didnt take into account attack speed... Which we can reduce to 2 seconds which i dont think any hero is that slow and you still get more dps at about 1300 dmg.

So in reality lets piece this together... Supports should never buy this item... and any form of hero(albeit Nyx)... especially one who can do good or even semi DECENT atk dmg... Should never use this item. The farm required for it is better used on items to increase your dps. Plus.. mid-late game dps is generally around 200 a second.. I know how important time is, but 3 seconds to 1 second doesnt make to much of a differance, at least to justify the cost of dagon, to really be viable.

But.... Its still fun to use.

*Clap Clap* Once again a great analysis by the one and only Captain Planet. I would like to expand on a few more of your points as well. Now in your analysis you did not take into account heroes that get additional benefits from the use of a Dagon. The hero known as Bloodseeker uses Dagon // Hemorrhage to last hit heroes and gain his live back. With this tactic Bloodseeker falls into the roll of meat shield more commonly known as� dare I say it� tank.
I would also like to mention that purchasing a Dagon forces the other team to spend money on anti-magic // life items. This in turn delays the opponents on acquiring their core build.
One final point I would like to make. Supports that do not have Nukes should build a Dagon. Let�s look at an example:
Warlock = not so scary support
Warlock + Dagon = Very Scary OMG Muffins support.
With Love,
Pu12e

p.s.: Always with love and I miss playing with you Captain Planet. Where have you been?

Pu12e

Notable (11)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FloppyDisk » June 1, 2013 1:58pm | Report
I think Necrolyte is a verry hero to pick up a dagon. When u are low hp just kill someone with the dagon and regenerate your hp and you will survive. Also very good combination with his Ult:)
Death Pulse + Dagon lvl 5 + Ult = pretty much dead hero

FloppyDisk

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » June 2, 2013 1:55am | Report
FloppyDisk wrote:

I think Necrolyte is a verry hero to pick up a dagon. When u are low hp just kill someone with the dagon and regenerate your hp and you will survive. Also very good combination with his Ult:)
Death Pulse + Dagon lvl 5 + Ult = pretty much dead hero

The only problem here is that necrolyte is better of with a Radiance. Radiance+ Heartstopper Aura= dead team.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » June 17, 2013 2:32am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

The only problem here is that necrolyte is better of with a Radiance. Radiance+ Heartstopper Aura= dead team.

Good point. dagon is good onnecrolyte but Radiance+ Heartstopper Aura is better!!!

Pu12e

Notable (11)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FeartheRiftWalker » June 23, 2013 2:55pm | Report
I've seen a Dagon on Rubick before. Lift + Fade Bolt + Dagon + Whatever nuke you happen to steal = Super dead hero
Good luck, good hunting, and give 'em Hell.
-FeartheRiftWalker

FeartheRiftWalker

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mattyg2787 » June 23, 2013 5:32pm | Report
I'll buy late game dagon on Lion and lina (assuming we have spry items and wards) after scepter. Did this lady night and had a ball. I was actually at the point where I didn't know what else to buy.
Nearly 1500 busy damage is fun (agi morphing kept running away from me)
Also, troll bounty hunter has one for me. Let them almost escape then BOOM! Track bonus

mattyg2787

Notable (1)
<< 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >>
Forum

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved