Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Looking for mentor/help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Looking for mentor/help 19 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Platypuss » August 12, 2015 12:08pm | Report
I am fast approaching two years of Dota, I mostly play unranked matches and only really played enough ranked to calibrate as soon as they because available. I'm trying to get into ranked matches and would like help all around improving my Dota game.I play on US servers. I enjoy playing both carry and support. I usually play in a stack with friends. This has however led to weaknesses when laning with randoms, or in my solo matches. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Platypuss

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » August 12, 2015 12:25pm | Report
Welcome to dotafire Platypuss. It'll be helpful if you could post the servers in which you play.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Platypuss » August 12, 2015 12:32pm | Report
Sorry, I play mostly US east, but occasionally US west.

Platypuss

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » August 12, 2015 1:22pm | Report
Hi Platypuss! I don't play on the USA servers, but I might be able to help you anyway, since I have a pretty good experience with supports. For instance, is there a specific game where you failed and you would like some tips on improving? Or would you like a coach (not for the basics, but "advanced level" if we could say so) when you're in solo que?

Anyways pm me if you have any question, or add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198135593301/

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Platypuss » August 12, 2015 1:35pm | Report
Any tips on my most recent earthshaker game? That's pretty much my worst nightmare as a support.

Platypuss

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » August 12, 2015 1:44pm | Report
Ok, I'm on it! I think you chose indeed a good game to start. Gonna watch it as soon as I can and will come back to you with feedback.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » August 12, 2015 2:29pm | Report
hey dude ill have a look at maybe make a helpful hints tops and tricks vid for ya. but from first glance im going to hazard a guess and say around 1k to 1.5k? a lot of work to be done.

ill make a vid for ya and upload it so u can improve.

glhf

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Platypuss » August 12, 2015 2:40pm | Report
Yeah I need to put a lot more practice into mechanics. Thanks! If you want an accurate representation of gameplay check out my latest PA game it was a pub stomp though which probably isn't as helpful. Some of my recent games were more screw around and finish my 10 hero challenge, but anything will help.

Platypuss

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by apaz » August 12, 2015 3:00pm | Report
From what I can tell fro you Dotabuff, you have more experience than me. But, I sill think I can help.

#1: ALWAYS CARRY A TP SCROLL. That will improve you play so much. you know you're going to use them, so keep two on you. It makes every hero into a global hero. If your friends are getting dived, you can kill the divers. You can gank top, TP bot, and gank there immediately afterwards while they think they're safe.

#2: Basically, Item builds. There is so much synergy between skills and Items that what is the correct choice one game will almost never be the correct build the next. If there is a Clockwerk, maybe your Tiny needs a Force Staff? If there is a Slardar, mabye Tiny needs to get Platemail for Assault Cuirass before Aghanim's Scepter? Think long and hard about what you buy. Do you need group early? Someone should get a Mekansm. here is Sando's guide. http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/a-universal-item-guide-4900

As for your ES game, the item build is... questionable. No matter what position you play, Blink Dagger is core. If you have no mobility, half the effect of your spells is wasted. Also, Enchant Totem only gets base damage, so Heart of Tarrasque gives almost as much damage on average as Daedalus does, and it gives +1080 HP. Much more efficient. I actually get Urn of Shadows into Blink Dagger, stack two hearts, then get a Daedalus. Daedalus is a terribly inefficient item if you get it too early.

#3 Judging by your great winrate, your player mechanics are great, and you know how to play your heroes. I'm sure you'll be an unstoppable force once you learn how to optimize your items. I have the opposite problem. I know everything, but I don't have a whole lot of experience.

My newest guide:

Picking up Skywrath

apaz

Notable (17)
Steam: apaz
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » August 12, 2015 3:07pm | Report
Since you have Smuggels helping you with this one already too I will step down and let him do most of the explanings :) I will just tip you succinctly in general matters considering that game. Anyway welcome to this great Dota community where I'm sure you will improve a lot!

Credits to Janitsu!

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved