Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

DOTAFire Inhouse - 5v5 11 October 2014

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Inhouses » DOTAFire Inhouse - 5v5 11 October 2014 131 posts - page 4 of 14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » October 4, 2014 12:01pm | Report
Krwiozerca wrote:

Xyrus, are you making me a carry? Damn, now I gotta focus on that role now.

Could you guys tell me what is Daedalus or Monkey King Bar? I am only familiar with Mekansm or Force Staff :)

You don't necessarily have to go full Right-Click, depending on the Hero and the lineup, you may find Mekansm and Force Staff to be good options anyway. 8{3

Safe Lane Farmers in competetive aren't always Heroes with strong Right-Click who sit in Lane and Farm for 15 minutes. They can be anything from that to typical Offlaners, who have been given priority on Farm and Exp, for ez lvl6 + Blink Dagger while an Aggressive Tri-Lane is run top.
Dimonychan wrote:

I'm pretty fine with safelane, except for the fact I've never played in trinales.

The thing with heroes, however, bothers me. I don't play high skill games so I wanted to catch up for it with playing heroes I have learned well, and these by far are limited to Kunkka, Brew, and maybe Luna.

Anyway, if you won't give me a hero I've never played I'm fine with that.

Will we have some sort of "unofficial" part after the main event so everybody may pick waht he wants and do crazy ****?

Like I said in the OP, there will probably be games afterwards and we'll decide what mode to play as we play them.

As for playing in a Tri-Lane, consider yourself 1 vs 1 against the Offlaner, you'll have Supports, but they should divide their time between different Lanes. It's not unusual to see Supports going for a lvl1 Gank on Mid in Competetive, but there's nothing to stop them from trying to Gank the Safe Lane first either.

...also, who ever said it had to be a Tri-Lane? You can recreate the match in anyway you want, so long a you pick the same Heroes. 8{3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 4, 2014 5:44pm | Report
Where would jungler roles?

And I am 70% confirmed, so count me in.

p.s not necessary, but if you can delay it to lke 16.30 id be much obliged
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » October 5, 2014 1:53am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Junglers are supports ofcourse.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 5, 2014 2:34am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

Junglers are supports ofcourse.

So if im playing a carry Nature's Prophet jungle, then id be a support?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » October 5, 2014 4:25am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

So if im playing a carry Nature's Prophet jungle, then id be a support?

natures prophet isnt a jungler apart from low pubs. and if you DO pick prophet you need to look reaaaaaaaaly well at the opponets lineup to see if the team can get away with it.

all junglers should be supports, so chen, enchantress, enigma. im not counting offlaners who can transition into the jungle like dark seer, batrider and prophet. and semi junglers like chrystal maiden and sand king.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 5, 2014 4:39am | Report
Interesting. Tell me more, why shouldnt a carry farmed the jungle?

And a ganker furion jungle, what about it?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Seagull » October 5, 2014 4:49am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Tim probably meant that only support heroes jungle from the start of the game. Nature's Prophet begins the game usually in the offlane, and once he gets enough farm, he moves on to farming the jungle. This way it's a lot more efficient. And if you put a core into jungle (from the start of the game, nothing wrong with taking farm in the jungle as a core hero once you have enough levels and farm) you have to run a 1 protect 4 strat because you put a core hero into jungle. This leaves you with only one support to take care of wards and all that stuff (+you have only one support ganking mid which allows the enemy team to pick a greedier mid). Running a core in jungle is easily punishable because you can block camps and gank easily. This leaves the jungler heavily shut down.

Seagull

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (9)
Steam: HAEÆ
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » October 5, 2014 5:31am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

seagull worded it pretty well, by saying jungler it means that he starts in the jungle from lvl 1, and you are also running an offlaner, meaning that you omly have 1 proper support.

if the other team has a skywrath sand king combo, or xyrus's AA wraith king support fetish combo running around the map killing stuff, that prophet cant do anything about it and will watch in horror as his team is getting ganked to death.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » October 5, 2014 5:51am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

K, but Imma need your DotoBuff in order to assign you a role.

If the other 7 confirmed people will agree to it, then I see no problem with moving it forward half an hour.
Unscathed wrote:

Seagull wrote:

Tim probably meant that only support heroes jungle from the start of the game. Nature's Prophet begins the game usually in the offlane, and once he gets enough farm, he moves on to farming the jungle. This way it's a lot more efficient. And if you put a core into jungle (from the start of the game, nothing wrong with taking farm in the jungle as a core hero once you have enough levels and farm) you have to run a 1 protect 4 strat because you put a core hero into jungle. This leaves you with only one support to take care of wards and all that stuff (+you have only one support ganking mid which allows the enemy team to pick a greedier mid). Running a core in jungle is easily punishable because you can block camps and gank easily. This leaves the jungler heavily shut down.

Pretty much this ^

There is no real Jungler role tbh, granted, Chen and Enchantress pretty much have to spend time in the Jungle due to the nature of their Spells, but anyone from Position 1 to Position 5 can make use of the Jungle at certain points in the game.

Typically, for the first few minutes, the Jungle is only open to Semi-Supports, i.e. Enigma, Chen or Enchantress. Some Supports can Jungle effectively once they hit lvl3 though, e.g. Sand King, Keeper of the Light, etc.

It's also a good idea for Offlaners who can Jungle to leave their Lane at about 5:00 or so to clear Stacked Camps to catch up on Farm if needs be, e.g. Dark Seer, Timbersaw, Batrider, etc.

Some Mid Heroes who can Flash Farm quite well will usually Farm Stacks for extra Farm, e.g. Shadow Fiend, Tinker, Legion Commander, etc.

Finally, most Safe Lane Carries can get Hand of Midas or Maelstrom ( Battle Fury is rare in High Skill games), so you might see them clearing Camps quickly for extra Gold, usually when all the Lanes are Pushed out, but they're waiting for something before their Team can start another fight, e.g. Mid might be dead, a big Ult is on Cooldown, It's not Safe to fight under the other Team's Towers, etc.

Basically, there is no Hero who should be spending more than a couple of minutes at a time in the Jungle...none. Supports and Semi-Supports should be Ganking, Mids and Offlaners should clear the Stacks then move on and Hard Carries should go back to the Lanes and Push them out again.

Basically, Jungling with Core Heroes at lvl 1 like Ursa, Nature's Prophet, Lifestealer is pretty bad, most of them will end up on low HP really fast and even if they don't, it's not hard for 2 Roamers (hell even 1 with the right Hero) to wander into their Jungle and wreck them.

Even assuming they get adequate Farm in the Jungle, so what? No Hero can get more Exp and Gold from the Jungle than they can from Lane at lvl1, not even Enigma, by the time they're starting to catch up, it's even easier for the other Team to dedicate more Heroes to Farming the Jungler. 8{D

With Supports, it's fine if they can get some Farm from the Jungle, but no matter how bad Enigma wants his Blink Dagger, he needs to come out and Gank and Push, not only because his Team will be 4 vs 5 otherwise, but because these are great ways to speed up his own Farm with Assist and Tower Gold.
Timminatorr wrote:

if the other team has a skywrath sand king combo, or xyrus's AA wraith king support fetish combo running around the map killing stuff, that prophet cant do anything about it and will watch in horror as his team is getting ganked to death.

Ice me! Ice me moar! >Stun now! >8{D

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 5, 2014 6:17am | Report
Cool. I already posted my dotobuff on the second page, look it up.

Preferred role: I played a versatile pool of heroes lately, and my most successful heroes are from 3-4 months ago where I am now too lazy to change. Simply put, they are not always my favourite heroes.

Roles: Aggressive supports, Mid-lane gankers. Not a carry type of person, but okay anyways. (Like roaming but need more practice)

And are you delaying it to 16.30? I need the night time to be undisturbed.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved