Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

DOTAFire Inhouse - 5v5 11 October 2014

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Inhouses » DOTAFire Inhouse - 5v5 11 October 2014 131 posts - page 8 of 14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by voodoodoll » October 7, 2014 1:37am | Report
4:30 is ok with me too, but I might not be able to play more than one game then. Doesn't seem too bad with so many people on standby.

voodoodoll

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Rookie » October 7, 2014 5:54am | Report
already joined the dotafire group on steam

and will be checking this post daily ^^

The Rookie

Steam: PVT James Heller
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » October 7, 2014 6:09am | Report
Phantom Assassin comes!

4:30 is fine by me.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 7, 2014 6:26am | Report
(Damn that VS pick! Gotta learn, now)

Lemme start:

Faceless Void is a really greedy pick, but with my Vengeful Spirit, chronos is not a big problem. Skywrath Mage helps, too.
Phantom Assassin Is a counter to WD, since Death Ward is physical, right?
Silencer already counters Sand King and I doubt Sniper can fight him.

wtf Xyrus it seems like you are on my team's side. But still, that is ONLY if we do no misplays, right? We are counter heavy, but requires perfect plays.

And i'm afraid of Wall of Replica. The damage is insane, and it could completely beats Phantom Assassin

p.s where is game 2? just 1 game????
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by voodoodoll » October 7, 2014 6:48am | Report
I think the experience from last time is that it is "whatever works" after game one since there'll be quite a lot of shuffling around so everyone can play.

I like that PA is on my team, Coup de Grace is not fun as a Support Sky. :D

voodoodoll

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » October 7, 2014 7:37am | Report
voodoodoll wrote:

I think the experience from last time is that it is "whatever works" after game one since there'll be quite a lot of shuffling around so everyone can play.

"whatever works"

"whatever works"

"whatever works"

EVERYTHING CAN WORK!!!!

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » October 7, 2014 7:56am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

p.s where is game 2? just 1 game????

voodoodoll wrote:

This ^

I can't tell when Game 2 will be played, obviously it will be after Game 1 and probably a quick break, but we won't know how long Game 1 lasts until GG is called.

As for the mode, already mentioned a few times that the Game Mode will be decided when we get to it.
Unscathed wrote:

Faceless Void is a really greedy pick, but with my Vengeful Spirit, chronos is not a big problem. Skywrath Mage helps, too.
Phantom Assassin Is a counter to WD, since Death Ward is physical, right?
Silencer already counters Sand King and I doubt Sniper can fight him.

Honestly, Void isn't that greedy, Time Walk + Chronosphere is quite effective even after the minor nerf.

Blur does work against Death Ward, bu doesn't help against Maledict. 8{D

Global Silence has a 2 minute Cooldown, so it's not available every fight, you stioll need a plan to win the fights inbetween. 8{3
Unscathed wrote:

wtf Xyrus it seems like you are on my team's side. But still, that is ONLY if we do no misplays, right? We are counter heavy, but requires perfect plays.

The real game was quite back and forth, granted that was due to misplays, but then again, isn't that what we expect when you're given Heroes you don't own with? 8{3

Game should be quite even hopefully, I mostly picked a game with Sniper vs Silencer just so Hades could play Mid if necessary. 8{3 Everything else synergised well too. <}3
voodoodoll wrote:

not much more fun as Mid Sky either T-T

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » October 7, 2014 8:00am | Report
Damn, I've only played Void 2 times with bots before that and now it is too late to learn... well, whatever, with his insane base dmg and lane surivability this should not be much of a problem.

I think Xyrus didn't put that match replay for us to just be aware of the fact such match happende. We should watch and analyze it, right?

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Neko_Silviu » October 7, 2014 8:07am | Report
I will try to
http://www.dotabuff.com/players/110831281
unconfirmed just in case cuz I'm not 100% sure.
Neko~ :3

Neko_Silviu

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » October 7, 2014 8:55am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

I think Xyrus didn't put that match replay for us to just be aware of the fact such match happende. We should watch and analyze it, right?

That's the idea. Looking at what Items and Skill Builds both Teams used should give you an idea of how to build your Heroes yourselves (The casters go over Dark Seer's Skill build early on in the game as well), not to mention how to Position yourself in Teamfights, when to use your Ult, who Initiates, who Counter-Initiates, etc. If you can, try downloading the replay in-game and watching your Hero through "Player Perspective" to see what the player saw.

Don't just limit yourself to that game though. Consider looking for other high level games where those Heroes were used in the same Role, look at how they were played differently compared to this game, is there anything you can take from other games to improve your effectiveness in this game?

Also, I know I originally put you all down based on which Lane you'd be taking, but that was just to give you an idea of which Hero you'd be getting. Now that you have your assigned Heroes, feel free to talk to your teammates and change the Lanes around to suit your own strategies. Of course, make sure your teammates are okay with this.
Radiant Lane change option

Dire Lane change option

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved