Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Forge of Creation #2 voting !

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 >>
Forum
Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Forge of Creation #2 voting ! 43 posts - page 1 of 5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » September 2, 2014 11:18pm | Report
Forge of Creation voting people ! Round 2, this time involving items.

RATING

Each hero has "marking guidelines", based on which you'll be able to rate the hero. The categories are :
  • Synergy - How well the item function with a certain hero it was made for
  • Originality - How original the item is
  • All - around usage - Could it be used on other heroes too?
  • Flavour text - a small background towards the item's appearance / existance
  • Balance - Is the item balanced?

I've got my spreadsheet right here.

Each category can be rated with a grade from 1 to 10, with 1 being lowest and 10 being highest.

So without further due, let's get the voting going !

P.S : Use the order from the spreadsheet people, makes my life easier.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » September 3, 2014 3:33am | Report
Unscathed

S: 9
0 : 9
A : 9
F : 8
B : 4

A pretty fun item that essentially prevents juking, but also has a lot of side uses like scouting Rosh or dewarding. Good for any roaming support or ganker. Interesting concept. Completely OP though - the ultra-cheap price for so much utility AND +6 to all stats AND movement speed...
I would up the price to 1400 gold easily, probably even more than that (compare with ghost scepter's +7 all stats for example. Besides a hard counter to juking can be a bit OP in the first place, at least for such a cheap item.

OldKainen

S : 7
O : 9
A : 9
F : 6
B : 8

Pretty much removes the "need" of making dagon on Storm for more burst (xD). There are more Dagon Storms than you may think - not that it's good in the first place ^^. A fun way to turn Wand into a burst item. I don't think Magic Wand needs an upgrade path (it's already a very good item), but why not. Think the item is balanced, although the magic pierce is a bit too strong (as a hard counter to Hood of Defiance and Anti-Mage).

kkoopman3

S : 8
O : 6
A : 7
F : 9
B : 1

This item is interesting, but "OP as hell". It's essentially a horribly overpowered version of Phase Boots. Every right-click hero will make this, no exception, it's better than treads and phase boots on essentially any hero. Phase boots give +16% movement speed for 4 seconds, while this item gives 20% MS AND a 20% slow for 8 seconds.
This is not an escape item, it's the best ganking item ever...nobody can run away from you :)
I mean, just think : Ursa with this item, Lifestealer with this item, Sven with this item...I can't run away oh God it hurts volvo pls fix aaargh GG game is imba :P
So yeah, an overpowered Sange and Yasha-like chasing item with a 700 range slow for almost no gold will just make people ragequit xD

Yzreel

S : 9
O : 7
A : 8
B : 4

Interesting concept. Indeed it fits Juggernaut really well, but it's essentially a good mid/late game item on any right-clicker.
Ghost Scepter already has a hard counter though : Diffusal Blade dispels it. Diffusal Jugg is perfectly legit if they're getting mass ghosts, I don't think you need a specific anti-ghost item. You just need the reflex to diffusal the guy during Omnislash.
However I still think the item is pretty OP because of the 500 radius cleave. Just think how strong it would be if, say, Phantom Assassin, Sven or Ursa had 500 radius cleave, even for only 4 seconds. On Ember Spirit this cleave is just downright broken. And I'm not even talking about ranged heroes - cleaving Clinkz sounds infamous for example ^^

Smuggels

S : 8
O : 9
A : 10
B : 9

This one is pretty balanced I think, and it's good for many heroes as an upgrade path to drum. The active sounds pretty fun, maybe it needs more charges, like 7-8 charges instead (just like the diffusal active you'll want to use it a lot). GJ!

BKvoiceover

O : 8
A : 8
F : 7

A nasty, nasty item. Which will essentially only be used to do rat dota with illusions. Send illusions to attack the enemy towers, and activate the item to make the illusions impossible to kill. Since the item has *global* range this can be abused as hell by just spamming illusions and ratting non-stop with no risk.
I think the author thought of it as a teamfight item for Phantom Lancer or Terrorblade to make their illusions last longer in teamfights, and in that sense why not, but beware of the destructive power of your creations, destructive against towers and raxes that is.
I REALLY don't think illusion rat dota needs a buff :)

TheSofa

O : 10
A : 4
F : 8

Interesting idea, I'll give it that. However, there's no way an item like this could ever be balanced. The whole point of skillshots is, well, they're skillshots, therefore they're unreliable.
If you make Sacred Arrow travel at almost twice its speed, it's impossible to dodge it. Arrow is already a pretty hard skill to dodge (unlike Meat Hook), so if you increase its speed it's basically a reliable 5-second stun and this is imbalanced.
AFAIK it only makes sense for Pudge and Mirana, and I don't think either needs a buff of that magnitude.

Therapy

(no item!)

Hamstertamer

S : minus infinity
O : minus infinity
A : minus infinity
F : minus infinity
B : minus infinity

Stupid item. I think the author is on crack.
All pub players are already going Ethereal Blade + dagon on every hero, we don't need more pew pew lazers in dota.
Every single hero is going to build that and it's going to turn doto into lazerquest.
Noob post, reported :)

ELDiablo

(no item!)

The Amazing

O : 4
A : 6
F : 4
B : 0

Ummm...how to say that? Reduce the target's armor to 0? Cost 3450 gold? Stats, damage, and mana regen?
Yeah...this is completely OP.
It's like Desolator...except it's cheaper, and a million times better. And it's not even an orb.
So you attack that Terrorblade who has 30 armor, and bam, his armor is reduced to..zero.
Please have mercy :)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » September 4, 2014 11:04am | Report

When the voting closes? I might not have stable Internet until 10th so I may be too late for a party. :(
(I will add my votings here later, no offtopic, no h8 m8)

So, here it is, I hope nobody will take offense though I may rate someone's submission low. Remember it's just my opinion.
Unscathed

SYNergy: this item is not made as core for any hero I believe but rather an extremely situational item as while roaming gankers may have more valuables things to get or start assembling(Blink/Mek/Arcanes), mid role heroes will most likely prefer Urn of Shadows. Sorry, but I don't think it's much of a use(or I'm just blind and don't see something). 3.

ORIginality: well this item cleraly doesn't copy anything nor it is inspired by any item in the game. Has something in common with Urn tho. 9.

All-Around-Usage: I have noted already that I don't think it has many good uses but it is designed for a hero group so I think it should be rated higher in that aspect. 5.

FlaVouR text: I don't think such an item need the whole legend written about it, a simple line is enough. 8.

BaLanCe: for 250 gold we get +6% movespeed, +4 for all stats and an active with unobstructed vision. And a free slot. Too strong IMO. 4.

Overall score: 29/50.
Hamstertamer

SYN: I have absolutely nothing to argue here, you get both the good lategame burst and the stats+early burst if situation becomes desperate. Charges are not reset upon use, right? 10.

ORI: As you mentioned, this item is equivalent of Dagon in some way, so this item is not so original but I like the damage scaling. 6.

AAU: I can quite see it on AGI/STR (semi-)carries that need just quite a bit more early game presence to become stronk, like Luna and Mirana. 8.

FVR: Pretty nice text and explanation you made is great. 9.

BLC: Although maybe damage charges gain and max damage requires minor tweaking I think overall it is good balanced. 8.

Overall score: 41/50.
BKvoiceover

SYN: This item fits perfectly to likes of Naga Siren and Soul Keeper, heroes, it was designed for. 10.

ORI: You said there is no real way to boost your illusions' vitality but there actually is - HoT and Cuirass to a lesser degree. Other from that, this item barely has analogs in Dota 2. 7.

AAU: This item can also be used by caries that get illusions as survivability and damage asset, this scepter would make them a perfect decoy, confuse enemies, help survive AOE damage and overall make illusions more reliable against it. 8.

FVR: I think this item could have had a better lore and explanation without WC3 references. 3.

BLC: I think the item's range, as Hamster stated, is not balanced, it should has a reasonable AOE, or even better - inability to attack towers so you can't create illusions, press the button and TP away. Aside from that, maybe minor tweaks would help, like 4 second duration, or recipe cost increase. 4.

Overall score: 32/50.
TheSofa

SYN: While on Mirana it maybe could have some use, Pudge and Clockwerk clearly do not need an item that is that expensive and does not actually improve anything to a degree of 5.5k gold item. I don't think this is a good idea. 2.

ORI: Aside from in-game usefulness the idea is quite unique. 9.

AAU: As mentioned, barely anyone aside Mirana needs that. 1.

FVR: TBH the flavor text is boring and simple, I know you can do much better than that. 3.

BLC: I don't think 5.5k gold item is worth it, although stats are pretty nice. Removing Hyperstone would be better IMO. 5.

Overall score: 18/50.
oldKainen

SYN: I think Storm wouldn't really need that so much cause he lacks manaregen and he usually gets mana items or magic immunity, but for Lina it would be great I suppose, as well for other nukers that do not need some essential items to cover their weaknesses. I think Nyx Assassin could also get that after Boots+Dagon. 8.

ORI: This item is not completely new, and I think one could guess that Magic Wand+ Javelin are used in the item simply by it's function and name. Pretty good idea though. 7.

AAU: Since Magic Wand can be used on almost any hero this item can have plenty of users - even carries with good magic damage output like Luna - bonus stats and damage are good if you go early-mid game effectiveness build. 9.

FVR: Item's "lore" seems to be quite true :). General explanations and tips are also nice. 9.

BLC: I think this item is perfectly balanced, +4 stats and damage cover the use of Javelin which is an awkward item tbh. 10.

Overall score: 42/50.
Smuggels

SYN: I think this is a great extension for both supports and semi-carries in terms of survivability, stats, ease of assembling and impact, but by no means core especially for Mirana who is among th most flexible of heroes with many different build. 7.

ORI: Quite a nice idea to make early items into something decent after 25th minute, however, many features are inherited from it's components, so it isn't 100% original. 7.

AAU: As was mentioned, this item has wide specter of usages and is overall good for a lot of heroes. 10.

FVR: While the item tip is nice and simple that story in the beginning was IMO unnecessary. 6.

BLC: I think Orb of Venom is unnecessary and recipe cost could increase as it gives some free stats and improved active. Other than that, the active and the aura is well balanced. 8.

Overall score: 38/50.
Yzreel

SYN: You definitely made a great job to make that item perfect for Juggernaut. 10.

ORI: This item has many similarities to Battle Fury although no component of it was mentioned in the recipe, as well as it's components. The mix of these items if quite bizzare yet interesting. 6.

AAU: I don't think many heroes will find mix of invis, cleave(or is it splash?) and Ghost Scepter piercing necessary when they ususally don't need it all. 5.

FVR: I liked the style of the item and it's crossings with Isle of Masks. Tooltip and picture are also good. 9.

BLC: I think both the aura(mainly the fact it is, well, aura) and the active are too stronk for the cost. IMO some nerfs required, mostly to the active component. 5.

Overall score: 35/50.
kkoopman3

SYN: For heroes you mentioned these boots will be very good allowing to save them bot the slots and the money. 10.

ORI: I don't like the concept of adding lifesteal to boots as rest of the lifesteal items are traditionally masks. The band also doesn't seem necessary. And there are already boots that chanse movespeed, although in another way. 5.

AAU: Since these are boots, they would be used by many heroes as they provide many good bonuses. But they are far superior to Phase Boots even considering the cost. 7.

FVR: Quite good flavour text and the backstory is fine. 8.

BLC: THis is the biggest hole in the ship. For the gold it costs bonuses it provides are superior. Movement speed slow and boost that is bigger than Phase's for 8(!) seconds? Check. Non-orb 20(!)% lifesteal? Check. This should be fixed. 3.

Overall score: 33/50.
The amazing A.K.A. stupid

SYN: For Wraith King stats and mana regen are not so useful unless he is roaming support, he need more mobility and attack speed. Armor reduction combined with 3x crits is huge tho. 6.

ORI: This item has something in common with Desolator and Power Treads, but other than that it's fine in terms of originality. 8.

AAU: I think some heroes that have both physical and magical damage like Lina could use that item, but not many more. 7.

FVR: Description is strange IMO. Why Nomads(considering dota is a different universe)? Why creatures? 4.

BLC: THis item is completely unbalanced. Not only you get free +2 stats, +11 damage, armor, manaregen and active for only 500 gold but the active itself is completely unbalanced. 2.

Overall score: 27/50.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » September 4, 2014 11:55am | Report
Everyone has 1 week. If not all the contestants that posted their items vote, I'll just cancel everything.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » September 4, 2014 2:15pm | Report
We should do averages so that contestants who don't vote won't have an advantage.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » September 4, 2014 4:09pm | Report
i shall vote today im on the different time from you guys so you shall be reading this in the morning haha

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » September 4, 2014 7:23pm | Report
quick question in my voting i am taking the "flavour text" as lore/item back story.

separate from the explanation.

i vote the explanation in along with all round usage.

i hope this is correct?

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » September 4, 2014 7:29pm | Report
unscathed

oldkainen

koopman

Yzreel

BKvoiceover

the sofa

Hamstertamer

the amazing a.k.a stupid

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by oldKainen » September 4, 2014 7:54pm | Report
Here we go.

Unscathed

S: 8
0: 8
A: 9
F: 5
B: 3

kkoopman3

F: 7
B: 2

Yzreel

A: 7
F: 8
B: 4

Smuggels

0: 9
F: 4
B: 8

BKvoiceover

0: 7
A: 8
B: 3

TheSofa

0: 10
A: 6
B: 6

Hamstertamer

B: 7

The Amazing

B: 1

oldKainen

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (14)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » September 5, 2014 10:13am | Report
Unscathed

Synergy - 9
Originality - 8
All Around - 9
Flavor Text - 4
Balance - 8

oldKainen

Synergy - 6
Originality - 4
All Around - 8
Flavor Text - 8
Balance - 9

Yzreel

Synergy - 8
Originality - 8
All Around - 10
Flavor Text - 8
Balance - 8

Smuggles

Synergy - 7
Originality - 9
All Around - 6
Flavor Text - 8
Balance - 8

BKvoiceover

Synergy - 5
Originality - 10
All Around - 8
Flavor Text - 7
Balance - 8

TheSofa

Synergy - 10
Originality - 9
All Around - 8
Flavor Text - 6
Balance - 9

Hamstertamer

Synergy - 7
Originality - 8
All Around - 9
Flavor Text - 8
Balance - 7

The amazing A.K.A stupid

Synergy - 8
Originality - 7
All Around - 6
Flavor Text - 7
Balance - 3

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
1 2 3 4 5 >>
Forum

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved