Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Forge of Creation #2 voting !

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Forge of Creation #2 voting ! 43 posts - page 2 of 5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » September 5, 2014 5:50pm | Report
Here we go. (Guess i wont win this one)

OldKainen

S:5
O:9
A:7
F:9
B:5

kpoopman3

S:8
O:8
A:8
F:8
B:5

Yzreel

O:6
F:7
B:3

Smuggels

F:9
B:7

BKvoiceover

S:9
F:4
B:4

TheSofa

B:3

HamsterTamer

O:7
B:8

The amazing A.K.A stupid

F:6
B:2
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » September 5, 2014 7:17pm | Report
Yeah, sorry guys. I'm currently banned from the computer (because of school) on the weekdays, you won't be seeing much of me. However, I'll do my voting in parts, since I'm kinda sneaking this...

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » September 5, 2014 7:36pm | Report
Unscathed

Synergy: 8
Originality: 6
All around: 10
Flavour Text: 7
Balance: 5

The only reason the balance is a bit low is the +6 stats and unobstructed vision... for 755 gold. It's a bit underpriced, considering that unobstructed vision on KOTL takes Agh's... a slight increase in price or duration might be helpful.

Hampstertamer (love the name, btw.)

Originality: 5
All around: 8
Flavour Text 6
Balance: 6

Well... It's a bit like a dagon + stats... I guess I don't really like the item all that much, since dagon isn't used all that often anyway... Yeah. Maybe I just don't like dagon.

Smuggels

Synergy: 9
Originality: 10
All around: 7
Flavour text: 7
Balance: 9

No comments. I really like this item, and the lore is awesome.

Yzreel (Must be harsher in marks, right? xD)

Originality: 8
Flavour: 8
Balance: 8

Great. Item. Must. Buy. On. Juggernaut.

That's all for now, folks!

Cheers!
TheSofa

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » September 6, 2014 4:32am | Report
Unscathed: This is a great item, considering what it does for the price. However, the price is a little too cheap for the effect it does. For 760 gold (yeah, not 755) it can do much more than Ring of Aquila that costs more. I cannot understand how 250 gold recipe can give 6% move speed, 3x actual stats and a great active.

Synergy: 7
All-around: 6
Flavor Text: 6
Balance: 4

Hamstertamer: Great item overall, interesting thought about making alternative to dagon (albeit less original since you do take the template of dagon). It is a very good item for Morphling, and I know since I love using that hero, as well as for other heroes. I also love the materials needed, it is great since most heroes require starting items, and your materials are great starting/early items.

All-around: 8
Flavor Text: 7
Balance: 10

BKvoiceover: Any illusion heroes do really need it, since it is a GREAT item for illusions. However, this item is utterly useless for other heroes (well, the stats are nice, but the active lose all usages) except if they build Manta Style. Also, the effect might be too strong (consider a Phantom Lancer army with normal damage resistance)

Synergy: 10
All-around: 4

TheSofa: Very interesting item, 10/10 for originality. However, I'd say that this item is really useless for other heroes since for the cost of 5500, its effect is lackluster. I think the stats it gives is very underpowered (thus the low balance), as well as the active being very useless for other heroes (thus low all-around). The recipe costs 800 (I think) for this effect, while not changing the original status too much. Very interesting, but lacks consideration for other heroes and price.

Flavor Text: 5

oldKainen: It is a very useful item, granting the user all-around nice stats and damage, as well as very useful heal active. I also like the Overload kind of effect, since it does provide a new interesting twist to the item. The problem is with the passive. 50% magic resistance reduction is HUGE, with just 2700 gold (same amount of gold for Veil of Discord, in which it gives 25% resistance actively).

Smuggles: First thing that I love about this item is how you actually think about your materials (like me :D), and it is obviously very important for those drum users (which is a lot).

Originality: 7
All-around: 10
Flavor Text: 9

kkoopman3: Not much to say, I like the movespeed steal, but I'd say that taking this item potentially stops the user to take other lifesteal items (say, Satanic for Troll Warlord) that is more needed because of tha clashing attack modifiers. I think it is not quite a good idea to add lifesteal to boots, or giving a certain attribute only to it since it stops heroes with different primary attributes to build it.

All-around: 6
Flavor Text: 8
Balance: 7

The Amazing: This item is WAY too strong. 25% chance to completely reduce enemy armor to 0 is huge (I mean, what if my Dragon Knight has 50 armor already?), not to mention the magic resistance reduction. Also, what if the enemy has negative armor already? Does this item lose all its usefulness? The items also take too much space in inventory, making it rather hard to build despite the cheap cost of each.

Flavor Text: 7
Balance: 2
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » September 6, 2014 7:44am | Report
Yzreel wrote:

TheSofa: Very interesting item, 10/10 for originality. However, I'd say that this item is really useless for other heroes since for the cost of 5500, its effect is lackluster. I think the stats it gives is very underpowered (thus the low balance), as well as the active being very useless for other heroes (thus low all-around). The recipe costs 800 (I think) for this effect, while not changing the original status too much. Very interesting, but lacks consideration for other heroes and price.

Flavor Text: 5

Wait, so you're saying it's underpowered when everyone else says it's overpowered? Um... what am I supposed to do?

The stats are underpowered. In which way? The Hyperstone attackspeed is there, the eul's mana regen and Intelligence is there...

I was thinking it could be used for say Lich ult: Faster projectile = more bounces. Or like AA ult: faster projectile = more accurate shot. Generally for Int heroes with 'skillshots'

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » September 6, 2014 8:08am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Unscathed

All around: 10

The only reason the balance is a bit low is the +6 stats and unobstructed vision... for 755 gold. It's a bit underpriced, considering that unobstructed vision on KOTL takes Agh's... a slight increase in price or duration might be helpful.

Hampstertamer (love the name, btw.)

Flavour Text 6

Well... It's a bit like a dagon + stats... I guess I don't really like the item all that much, since dagon isn't used all that often anyway... Yeah. Maybe I just don't like dagon.

Smuggels

Flavour text: 7

No comments. I really like this item, and the lore is awesome.

Yzreel (Must be harsher in marks, right? xD)

Flavour: 8

Great. Item. Must. Buy. On. Juggernaut.

That's all for now, folks!

Cheers!
TheSofa

Continuing

Kkoopman3

Originality: 7
All around: 5
Flavour: 6

As had been said by Yzreel, adding a particular attribute to a boot doesn't seem right, thus the lower All around score

Old Kainen

Flavour: 6

That passive... Yeah... A bit OP.

BKvoiceover

All around: 4
Flavour: 5

Kinda useless for non-illusion based heroes, thus the low All Around score.

The amazing AKA stupid

Synergy: 6
Flavour: 7
Balance 2

Sorry if I seem to harsh... It's a bit OP, IMO.

I think that's it!
May the odds be never in your favour!

Oh wait, added a 'n,' sorry.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » September 6, 2014 8:19am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Wait, so you're saying it's underpowered when everyone else says it's overpowered? Um... what am I supposed to do?

The stats are underpowered. In which way? The Hyperstone attackspeed is there, the eul's mana regen and Intelligence is there...

I was thinking it could be used for say Lich ult: Faster projectile = more bounces. Or like AA ult: faster projectile = more accurate shot. Generally for Int heroes with 'skillshots'

Well, some people do have differing viewpoints. The stats are underpowered in a sense that both Eul's Scepter of Divinity and Hyperstone are cost inefficient items (which is why Hyperstone is never even put as situational item except in Enchantress, and is built into Assault Cuirass for the aura and Mjollnir for the effect, not for the pure attack speed), while Eul's Scepter of Divinity is taken for the active (in which you throw away), and add them up together with a meager 5 int and 50% MP regen for 800 gold recipe. It seems really lackluster compared to other items you can get for 5500 gold (for benchmark, Monkey King Bar is 5400)

I know that some heroes benefits from it, but it is arguably few in numbers (I'd say that less than 20 heroes can benefit from it ( Venomous Gale and the kind really doesn't need any speed increase). I'm just saying that Cyclone is a better active for much lower cost, but it is then upgraded into an item that not-so-many hero can benefit from.
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » September 6, 2014 8:27am | Report
Yzreel wrote:

Well, some people do have differing viewpoints. The stats are underpowered in a sense that both Eul's Scepter of Divinity and Hyperstone are cost inefficient items (which is why Hyperstone is never even put as situational item except in Enchantress, and is built into Assault Cuirass for the aura and Mjollnir for the effect, not for the pure attack speed), while Eul's Scepter of Divinity is taken for the active (in which you throw away), and add them up together with a meager 5 int and 50% MP regen for 800 gold recipe. It seems really lackluster compared to other items you can get for 5500 gold (for benchmark, Monkey King Bar is 5400)

I know that some heroes benefits from it, but it is arguably few in numbers (I'd say that less than 20 heroes can benefit from it ( Venomous Gale and the kind really doesn't need any speed increase). I'm just saying that Cyclone is a better active for much lower cost, but it is then upgraded into an item that not-so-many hero can benefit from.

Oh...

Well, that's how I balance it, I guess. It's not for the stats, the stats are a bonus. I see your point.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » September 6, 2014 9:24pm | Report
All right, sorry for the late votes but here we go.

Unscathed -- This is a nice ganking item as you say and can also be a nice anti-ganking item in my opinion. It is a nice item idea I just think for the price it is a little too strong. Maybe making the recipe more expensive. All-around an interesting item idea, good job :)

Originality: 9
All Around Usage: 8
Flavour Text: 5

oldKainen -- Another item slapped onto another is what it seems like to me. The magic wand boost is fine but having that on a mid-game orientated item kind of seems useless. The offensive capability of this seems REALLY strong. A Desolator] for magic, composite, and universal damage and it is cheaper. This seems that the magic pierce percentage needs to be reduced. It does remove the reason for [[Storm Spirit to get Dagon which could be interesting.

Flavour Text: 4

kkoopman3 -- This item could be a really great chasing item and escape item. Seems like a cool pair of boots for agility carries who lack a good chasing ability like. I think that the recipe would need to cost more for it to be more balanced.

Flavour Text: 6

Yzreel -- This is a very interesting item. I'm probably that support with the Ghost Scepter lol. But it's true that so many agi. carries are countered by Ghost Scepter and having a nice counter item for that sounds like a cool move (Kinda like Phantom Assassin and Monkey King Bar in reverse). This item could be used pretty well on any agility carry as well giving it good all around usage.

All Around Usage: 9

Smuggels -- hmmm... A buffed version of drums that can be used as a very powerful buff item or an escape. This here sounds like it requires a lot of variables to be taken into account but can be a very powerful item if used the way you want it to work. Sounds like a fairly strong support item as well as a powerful carry item. It feels like smooshing Drum of Endurance into a Mask of Madness.

Synergy: 6
All Around Usage: 9

TheSofa -- This is cool. I can also see this being used on Sniper, Gyrocopter, Nyx Assassin and a few others. I could have a lot of fun with this one. A little deeper lore might make the item more interesting.

All Around Usage: 10
Flavour Text: 3

Therapy -- No Item

Hamstertamer -- As a guy who likes Morphling I see where you are going with this. It's true that Morphling is kinda useless without an e-blade and he usually requires better survivability items first such as a Linken's Spehere. the stats are good, and the cool burst damage active it does sounds fun, I would love to try this out. Also I like how you link the item's lore to the Dotaverse so good job all around.

All Around Usage: 10

ElDiablo -- No Item

The amazing A.K.A stupid -- Way too strong. A Desolator and a focused Veil of Discord for 1/2 the cost of the 2 combined. I would change it to a blade that passively negates maybe 5-10% of your target's physical and magic resistance. I believe that would make it more balanced. This Has the potential to be a good item but take some time to rework it.

Originality: 4
All Around Usage: 7
Flavour Text: 3
Balance: 1

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » September 7, 2014 4:05am | Report
I guess you guys took oldKainen's item passive a bit wrong - I believe it ignores half of the magic resistance of the target, as was said, not adds +50% magic dmg, therefore, ignoring 12.5% innate resist and half of the resist of hoods, null fields etc. and only for the wielder. So this isn't OP but quite useful especially for Zeus when enemies are like "we r 5-man pipe teem m8".

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved