Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Your Closest Game In Your Life

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Your Closest Game In Your Life 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » September 12, 2014 5:22am | Report
This Match
Ability Draft, closest game in my life. I was centaur, we were winning very much until WK carried.
Enigma abandoning the game is probably the biggest reason of our defeat. Fun game though.

Whats yours?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » September 12, 2014 5:34am | Report
Need to dig up the dotabuff, but a game where my team was playing 2 v 5 and almost won, but 5 can splitpush D:

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » September 12, 2014 6:14am | Report
Eh, I got more...
Clinkz match 4 months ago. Asian language so beware
This sniper throws... but we managed to won
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ashwinthegrim » September 12, 2014 9:00am | Report
Played an all-pick game last night, my teammates proceeded to pick Ogre Magi, Techies, Nyx Assassin and Ancient Apparition. (usually I end up in pubs where my team picks 4 cores, so this was new).

Since we had 2 supports, 1 techies and 1 offlaner, I had to pick a carry that would also need to be an initiator (since we had none), and possibly work in the mid lane.

The enemy team had picked Tinker, Bloodseeker, Phantom Assassin, Zeus and Bounty Hunter, so I decided to go Wraith King since there were no natural counters that I could see.

The laning phase was a pain, since I went mid against a Tinker. Between Laser spam and March of the Machines, I had enough trouble getting last hits. But I managed to pick up my Power Treads and Blink Dagger in a reasonable time (was around 14-15 minutes, I think).

Mid game, we had a couple of nice teamfights, and I built a Blade Mail (Initiator + Carry/Tank = blade mail was necessary). However, by around 40 minutes, Tinker's split pushing was way too effective and we ended up losing all our outer towers.

At this point, I had Mjollnir completed and almost an Assault Cuirass done (enemy team with Bloodseeker/ Phantom Assassin that were building damage).

By around 50 minutes, we ended up losing two lanes of rax since I was the sole "carry" on our team. However, my supports played a fantastic game (especially the Ogre Magi). He constantly kept the Pipe of Insight up during teamfights, and used Mekansm well). Ancient Apparition was pretty great with his Ice Blasts and Nyx Assassin was Dagoning anyone he could find that did not have their Black King Bar active. Techies was creating booby traps all over our base. At this point, I built a Black King Bar, since Tinker could burst me down with his eblade-dagon combo. Also, I ended up selling the Blade Mail and switching out treads for Boots of Travel, and grabbed a Monkey King Bar since Bloodseeker built a butterfly and Phantom Assassin was, well, because Phantom Assassin.

We ended up winning two teamfights back to back in their base (buybacks), and with my 4 second BKB active, we finally managed to throne them. The best part was that, we did not take even a single lane of rax xD. By the time our two rax were down, they had all tier 3s up, so we went straight for their tier 3, then for tier 4s.

Here is the link to the match: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/890344706

If you can, watch it. If it's TL;DW, watch the last 15 minutes. My hands were pretty shaky by the time the match ended.

ashwinthegrim

Notable (7)
Steam: Grim
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » September 12, 2014 9:15am | Report
Some of my best games have been on Centaur. Mostly involving me getting a Divine Rapier from a dead enemy.

The best one I can think of was a close game where one of our guys spotted their Ursa pounding into Roshan. We all didn't know he had a Divine though. So I pop Ulty and we all rush there. I blink into the pit; stomp and proceed to kill Roshan and get the Aegis. I then man fight Ursa for a bit getting him low and dying to him. My Aegis then pops and I'm back up. I blink over to him for round 2. Now he is already low from Roshan and the earlier fight, so I am able to drop him.

Yet I see his nice shiny divine on the deck and grab it. Me and the two surviving teammates run for our lives back into our jungle while on low life.

We finally are able to turn it around since Ursa was gimped due to most of his damage came from the rapier.

Even with the rapier; the match was still hard fought. Yet we had momentum on our side and slowly took lane after lane till only the throne remained.

One of the hardest fought wins I have ever had.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » September 12, 2014 10:33am | Report
I had an extremely close game a few months ago with Dragon Knight and it was a neck and neck game up until the last second.

The Madness

I played DK safe lane and matched their Spectre in farm and xp almost the entire game. One mistake from either team could've turned the tide but in the end the radiant team took one bad teamfight, after which we pushed down their mid and took thrown. Everyone did great all around but even with my late game items I still couldn't 1v1 the Spectre very efficiently. The Zeus and the Earthshaker were extremely coordinated and we won a lot of bad engagements due to their quick reactions.

All in all, fun game, 10/10, would play again.

-BK

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » September 12, 2014 11:23am | Report
Just from the bakery: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/891886131.

Maybe not the closest one, but very nervous indeed, when you have -2 in your team, and a Rapier to not lose(mission failed btw) it is quite hard to relax. Dat Omni tho - i had to wait 10 seconds somewhere in the bushes to X myself and start reking because of his ****ING ULTI DIE IN HELL SON OF A DOG DSGHFJKHDFJKHFUOHOU.

Oh, and we have a new HD damage record, yay!

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » September 12, 2014 12:56pm | Report
This game was the closest I've ever played. We were down by up to 10000XP for 41 minutes. Our only saving grace was that they had Goblin Techies and my Wraith King's Reincarnate was working on overdrive.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » September 12, 2014 1:05pm | Report
The closest games are the ones with rapiers ^^
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/799723995 - surprise pick Sniper worked really well, my team raged at me for some time but I just knew that this will be a rapier game and sniper pick will rape the sheet out of enemy team

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/235836005 - this game lasted for 1:40:27 and I've solely defended our naked ancient against mega creeps as Medusa for 1 hour, while my team farmed their rapiers and outplayed spastic enemy team ^^
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » September 12, 2014 2:25pm | Report
I had a couple close games, but I only remember two of them for now:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/127072851
This one was with Sniper, a Hero I play very few times: since I hated the SB on him, I went for a Skadi rush as I could farm in the safe lane, but it didn't work out that well. Our team was getting destroyed, but in the end it all came down to a base rush and we won it just in time.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/520805481
The second one (I think this is the right dotabuff link but I'm not sure) is a win with Anti-Mage: we were two barracks down, both top and mid, but Anti-Fun is merciless and can single-handedly push down three sets of barracks by himself. Yeah, the enemies were a bit too relaxed, but it cost them the game. This is the only match for which I could say "I won the game by myself" because, though it's not 100% true, I destroyed their base by split pushing while my other 4 teammates were defending. Most satisfying game ever.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved