Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Xyrus's #RoadTo4k Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Xyrus's #RoadTo4k Thread 122 posts - page 11 of 13
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 20, 2016 9:59am | Report
michimatsch wrote:

Sorry for sounding like a **** but:
The solution to this: Spend 75 gold on a ward and you will have the vision.

This only helps against Pudge and it can be often a case of some "devoted support" buying both available wards(or an offlaner gets one) and putting them in some completely ******ed place. I've actually been laning like 3 times against offlane/roaming Pudge and in all of those 3 games wards were it somewhere in the ******* of the world instead of where they should have been.

And even then it;s not like Pudge needs to be afraid of ward vision with the new 50g smoke(OSFrog).

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » January 20, 2016 10:37am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

This only helps against Pudge and it can be often a case of some "devoted support" buying both available wards(or an offlaner gets one) and putting them in some completely ******ed place. I've actually been laning like 3 times against offlane/roaming Pudge and in all of those 3 games wards were it somewhere in the ******* of the world instead of where they should have been.

And even then it;s not like Pudge needs to be afraid of ward vision with the new 50g smoke(OSFrog).

I don't think you understood Michi. He means buy them yourself and place them in the places you want, so you can't complain about your ******ed teammates after. It's just 75 gold, as he as so well pointed out. And it not only helps against Pudge, adequate vision helps against pretty much any incoming gank that didn't use Smoke of Deceit.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 20, 2016 10:42am | Report
ChiChi wrote:

I don't think you understood Michi. He means buy them yourself and place them in the places you want, so you can't complain about your ******ed teammates after. It's just 75 gold, as he as so well pointed out. And it not only helps against Pudge, adequate vision helps against pretty much any incoming gank that didn't use Smoke of Deceit.

If your supports buy all the available wards and either keep them in their inventory or place them in useless places, you can't buy wards anymore -_-

Still, I don't think support/roaming Pudge is a thing at 2K MMR anyways. So Pudge ganks in the very early game shoudn't be an issue, especially not with smoke.

Also yeah I have no idea why smoke got buffed. Clearly a very underpowered and underused item Keepo.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » January 20, 2016 10:53am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

If your supports buy all the available wards and either keep them in their inventory or place them in useless places, you can't buy wards anymore -_-

Wow supports that buy all the available wards =O that's like the myth about gamer girls.

Not that I agree that it was a good change, but I suppose Smoke of Deceit was buffed because more ganks/more fights/more... chaos around. Which seemed to be the general purpose of the changes.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 20, 2016 11:08am | Report
Don't seek for logic or purpose in most Iceforg's changes. He does something just because he wants.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » January 20, 2016 1:56pm | Report
ChiChi wrote:

Wow supports that buy all the available wards =O that's like the myth about gamer girls.

Not that I agree that it was a good change, but I suppose Smoke of Deceit was buffed because more ganks/more fights/more... chaos around. Which seemed to be the general purpose of the changes.

I buy all the wards for my team, and I usually put them in good spots, or at least in the most common ones. I tend to be really poor in my games because of that but at least I get the satisfaction of knowing my teammates are not going to be ganked, even though they just don't care about that and not even one of them is going to thank you for that, but that's the life of all the support players, you are not going to get a single word of gratitude if you do all your stuff but you are going to get flamed a lot if you screw up even once. It's just like that, carrys are going to get all the highlights because they get a rampage but nobody is going to remember all the sacrificies you made so they can get farmed.

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » January 20, 2016 6:49pm | Report
I do support/roaming Pudge sometimes and I'm 2k. But its mostly successful cuz of poor warding and lack of map awareness however. But I haven't really seen anyone else do it though.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 20, 2016 9:35pm | Report
Terathiel wrote:

I've actually found, pre- Silver Edge, that Spectre beat Slark. Sure, she didn't kill him, but he didn't really kill her either... and yes, I am talking early-game.

And if you're having a hard lane as TB the solution isn't to max Q, though it will solve the problem... the solution is to get Iron Talon and jungle almost as fast as you lane freefarm.

Yes. Agreed. A value point in reflection is enough until you get manta.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » January 21, 2016 3:09am | Report
Sp3ctr3 wrote:

It's just like that, carrys are going to get all the highlights because they get a rampage but nobody is going to remember all the sacrificies you made so they can get farmed.

Nobody except anyone that actually is good at Dota and not just a cocky kid, because it's also not a coincidence that most pro teams' captains are the support players for their teams.

I also see support/roaming Pudge sometimes at 2k. But then again, there isn't a place where I don't see Pudge nowadays. Maybe you should play him for mmr, Xyrus.

Credits to Janitsu!

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 21, 2016 4:31am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

It's better to stick to your original game plan and wait until after the game to analyse your weaknesses and misplays. If you try to change during a game, you're inevitably going to tilt while doing so. I'd rather play an ineffective strategy well than an effective strategy poorly. To each their own though.

So you planned on ignoring your team and being useless after 15 minutes? Sorry but after so many years of dota and almost 3000 games you should be able to adapt your play during a game. If you want to think of an exact build before you start and stick to it then you arent playing dota. Especially as a carry.
And if you want to improve the way to do it is obviously get good at doing an effective strategy, not keep playing a bad one. Adapting and improving your builds is also a part of getting better.

Xyrus wrote:

I've played games like this before, and yes, sometimes there is someone on your team who can be trusted to play well. However, this does not apply to every game and there is no reliable way of determining if such a player is among your Teammates at the start of a game. You don't find out until about 40-50 minutes into the game if they're reliable or not.

but do you trust your self among those? at least the jugger game that you linked as an example? you did couldnt be trusted at all it seems. atleast your teammates couldnt trust you that game since you only misplayed as soon as you started joining fights.

i know im being extremely direct and probably rude, but you seem to need to hear it. you didnt play well in the jugger game and were useless, that was what i was saying. you seem to overestimate your ability to play and your game knowledge, which you cant have if you want to improve and raise MMR.
just see that your whole way of playing that game was wrong, and you need to completely change that.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved