Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New update incoming!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » New update incoming! 32 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » September 23, 2014 3:05pm | Report
I'll just leave it here: http://www.dota2.com/rekindlingsoul/

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Faust87 » September 23, 2014 3:47pm | Report
Yeah, I just finished reading it and... mind = blown. So many things reworked, the meta will definitely shift a lot. Although I think that even with this rework Bloodseeker is still going to be useless.
But more importantly, with the rework we can finally say goodbye to Phantom Cancer, no more escaping with invisibility and agility reduced, I'm glad because he was a pain in the *** to have as an enemy but I'm also sad because it was fun to play :/

Faust87

Notable (1)
Steam: Faust
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » September 23, 2014 4:06pm | Report
Guys, I don't know where to start... So much going on.

Man, that is not all that is interesting in this patch. Generally I feel like they wanted to make games longer. Many abilites are worse in the early levels, and they are the same or better on level 3-4. This is definitely a turn for late game, more than forcing 17 minute gg.

Best look for yourself and reading it once is not enough! Good luck learning all of that.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » September 23, 2014 4:11pm | Report
http://cdn.dota2.com/apps/dota2/images/rekindlingsoul/map_img_preview_x/682map02.jpg

That's the new Rosh Pit and surroundings.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » September 23, 2014 4:24pm | Report
Best change of the patch:

New Chat Wheel Options

Zeus Ult Now!

Nah, I'm kidding, it's just quite amusing.

My thoughts - The Shadow Shaman rework on the mana costs is sooo painful. Needed yeah, but so painful.

The addition of the bounty rune seems so huge. Like bigger than anything else in the patch to me. Just two Runes per spawn seems big enough, to me it makes the idea of multiple Bottle's on a team much better. Especially with Bottle crowing. Bounty Rune itself is interesting... potentially huge.

The Blink Dagger cost increase will also have a big impact I feel. Even if it's just 100 gold, it's the additional risk required in having one now.

Elder Titan seems like he got a good buff as well, making Natural Order more powerful at lower levels to me screams out for early game team-fighting line-ups.

Lycan nerf is big as well. Likewise the Brewmaster nerf seems like it's going to affect his ability in the offlane at least. Maybe not so much mid-lane.

Chaos Knight - That seemed like a really big buff. An extra 10 seconds of illusions is just huge when it comes to pushing or team-fighting. I think it'll start to get some more usage off of that for sure.

Oh and how could I forget the changes to towers - Glyph becomes much more present in early game pushes due to the reset, and the reduction in tower gold itself seems major to these kinds of push line ups.

TL;DR - It's a nice looking patch, and I think it's really going to shift emphasis away from tower pushing. It seems like it'll be a relatively huge patch. I mean, even Vanguard seems semi-decent to buy now.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Faust87 » September 23, 2014 4:30pm | Report
Yeah, the one thing that I don't like about this patch is the addition of the bounty rune... receiving gold and experience by just picking it is kinda huge imho. It wasn't necessary, and could cause an unfair advantage to mid heroes.
Well, at least you won't rush to a rune spot with the risk of not spawning anything, I guess.

Faust87

Notable (1)
Steam: Faust
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » September 23, 2014 5:08pm | Report
Really like the look of this - lots of interesting changes, and seem well considered (e.g. various small nerfs to Chronosphere instead of a massive hammer). Lots of good simplifactions, and appropriate buffs/nerfs to the various heroes. The rune thing is interesting - could see more competition from offlaners and supports to grab it (depends how much it's worth) - roaming seems more viable. Also slight changes to T2 strength to reduce early pushing a little.

Sven is now your personnel trainer, RUN FASTER, FIGHT HARDER, TOUGHEN UP MAGGOTS!

Big loser I'd say is Tinker - no more ancient stacking.

Personally love the changes to Treant Protector and Ogre Magi makes them more viable (BIG buff to Ogre with that bonus health regen), and Tre's agh's ult sounds really interesting. Also loving the sound of that Bane scepter upgrade.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » September 23, 2014 5:32pm | Report
U wot M8 ? .....

this is crazy , CRAZY I TELL YOU!

i cant even wrap my head around it.

looking at on a macro scale though we are seeing buffs to IMPACT supports and later game carries.

nerfs to pushers and deathballers (except for Chen ... i dont even.... ANCIENTS????)

i am predicting a new meta called....

The power play.

where everything will be about hard hitting fast hitting heroes that take advantage of the damage type reworks.

a lot of abilities now do pure damage where they didnt before.

THE MAP:

i am in love

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » September 23, 2014 6:09pm | Report
First off; the new gold gain for ***its and kills... I have to re-learn mechanics all over again :'( no to mention the simpler damage mechanics. i hate it, im sorry.
And the new rune. I am sorry but I hate it, it means that carries can come online faster and well... IT REMOVES THE POINT OF FARMING!! slightly.

Vacuum cooldown rescaled from 28.0 seconds to 28 seconds

err wat? isn't that the same thing?

and the nerf to doom, well damn now I actually have to buy aghs.
err legion in captains... I sense that competitive will make it a near perma ban unless they specifically can deal with her... snowballing.

Spirit Bear now has 300 mana
Spirit Bear using Hand of Midas now grants the XP to Lone Druid
YES!!! YES YES YES!! Now Spirit bear can now use abyssall mjonillir etc. YUS! TY VALVE

RIKI REWORK!!! and now the n00bs will be lvl 1 invis... ohhh no.

Added Aghanim's Scepter: Grants Timbersaw a second Chakram.
This basically means... boots-->bloodstone-->aghs = how do you fight?

and germinate attack can proc items... ****. Double crit + lighting with deso.

and the buff to cloak which means stacking magic resistance!

and the chat wheel options;
Space created
Whoops

Love it. so basiically, kill bot tower, die and say Whoops, space created XD
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » September 23, 2014 6:16pm | Report

GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS

Treant Protector LOOK AT IT!!!!

LOOOOOK

HIS ULTI DOES 675 DAMAGE AND YOU CAN MAKE IT GLOBAL (kinda)

enchant tree near top tower tele bot, they push both ... USE Overgrowth gg ... jesus!

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved