Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New update incoming!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » New update incoming! 32 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » September 23, 2014 6:27pm | Report
Lots of cool things to talk about for sure.

-Does Phantom Assassin's rework to Blur make it so she is immune to wards? That's one of my questions.
-I think that Shadow Demon Aghs buff is gonna be super fun. time for TRIPLE PURGE.
-So many new Aghanhim's Scepter upgrades that will be fun to play around with.

All in all, I completely agree with Faust's analysis, there are a lot of meta shifting changes. It is going to be a big and scary patch.

On an unrealted note, hopefully we will get Pit Lord during the halloween season.

-BK

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » September 23, 2014 6:40pm | Report
The damage type changes confuse me...

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » September 23, 2014 7:01pm | Report
ok so before there was 5 types

physical
composite
universal
magical
pure

now there are three

magical
pure
physical

pure is reduced by nothing
magical is reduced by magic resist
physical is reduced by armour

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PrimarchXIII » September 23, 2014 7:02pm | Report
Very interesting. I can't wait to check everything out for myself!

GLHF.

PrimarchXIII

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » September 23, 2014 7:19pm | Report
Faust87 wrote:

Yeah, the one thing that I don't like about this patch is the addition of the bounty rune... receiving gold and experience by just picking it is kinda huge imho. It wasn't necessary, and could cause an unfair advantage to mid heroes.
Well, at least you won't rush to a rune spot with the risk of not spawning anything, I guess.

In higher skill Tiers this will be more important to Supports, 50% chance to gain extra Gold and Exp means either better Farm from Pull Camps, or Ganking becomes more profitable. Usually when you focus on Ganking as a Support, you'd get less out of it than a Jungling Support (you're Cores wouldn't exactly complain about Space Created though).

This is where the Bounty Rune is going to have the bigest effect, and may even encourage lower skilled Supports to Gank more often, leading away from ****py Dual Lanes! <}3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » September 23, 2014 7:44pm | Report
For the most part I think it shoudl be great.

have to wait and see on the new bloodseeker/PL. Same for the map changes, they seem to be making radiant/dire more of the same (easier dire offlane, harder radiant offlane, slightly less roshan advantage for dire).

Love the new ranked allpick adjustments

Axe buff was probably due to his being a lycan counter

CM I think didn't get the buff she really wanted (reverting base INT) but I guess it will do

I think they would have done better to get earth spirit into CM before messing around with him

Great to see LC in captains mode

Lycan nerf was needed badly, but he is still very strong

Medusa mid is going to become a thing

Not too sure about puck aghs, I was hoping the initial stun would go thru BKB too

shadow shaman needed the nerf imo, being an SS player myself

Spirit breaker finally out of trashcan? maybe?

TB not nerfed and gets put in CM? this will not end well.

Love seen Tree getting his eyes back

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » September 23, 2014 9:16pm | Report
Nerf to tower gold and void's ilk means end of deathball meta? Please tell me this is so.

The Bounty Rune and general buffs to hard carries, I'm thinking, will mean a possible resurgence of a 4-protect-1 meta which frankly is where I belong.

TB not nerfed and gets put in CM? this will not end well.

He even got buffed :) and not a small one either.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Seagull » September 23, 2014 9:33pm | Report
Tinker didn't get much love in this patch :P

Seagull

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (9)
Steam: HAEÆ
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » September 24, 2014 12:25am | Report
The map... I... I.... I always loved the dota map. It is underestimated. The map is not just a strategic one, but also a beautiful one. Those who loved showcase views agrees with me.
#Storm Spirit

The map is balanced now I think. The dire ancients are really easy to manuever at, and with this new map the positions are balanced. I dont like the roshan pit though. The trees I think would be so OP. It grants an easy juke spot and would make an advantage to the Dire Offlane.

Crimson Guard... I dont like the mechanics. I personally dont like such items to be active, but this would make it more versatile and supports like Dark Seer and Ogre Magi would buy more.

Blink Dagger I hate the plus 100 cost.

Aghanim's Scepter is now more varied. New abilities?? This would change the gameplay SO MUCH.

Phantom Lancer I dont see why this is a nerf. I loved those new skills and would like to try them in the future. And Phantom Edge is a really bad ulti. Juxtapose deserves better.

Outworld Devourer Simply said, the mana burn is OP. Essence aura chance isn't really good because the early game mana isnt that much anyways.

Meepo Im not a fan of this. Usually, I have my own item slots varieties. So if my clone doesnt have my items, then my Power Treads will be in the 4th slot. Whats the point for it if your top priority items are non-existent?

Dark Seer Whats the difference beetween 28.0 and 28?

Terrorblade So loving this!

I could go on, but thats enough for now.
THANK YOU VOLVO LOVE YOU
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » September 24, 2014 3:03am | Report
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA CRYSTAL MAISDEJN UISHFUI(HA IFHCVHP) U*FGHQANXOPN{FH*{UH)VC BO{QW*R Y{QH

Okay... *sigh* okay. I literally had a mental breakdown when I saw the cm upgrade. The frostbite is genuinely cool!!! I mean, now it is a legit nuke (up to 300 damage) instead of like 210 damage at max? I cam see myself changing skill builds a little, wow!

The lina upgrade. Is awesome! I mean, now lightstrike array is totally worth scaling. Bigger range, better stun. (up to 2.2 seconds!!!)

I AM SO EXCITED VOLVO BRING THIS UPDATE NOOOWWWWW.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved