Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Item builds that sound metal but are actually really stupid

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Item builds that sound metal but are actually really stupid 22 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » November 17, 2015 12:36am | Report
I was thinking today about weird item builds that might make sense in some way, but are ultimately outclassed by another build pretty much all the time.

It started with my Blink Maelstrom Rat Abaddon, which was modestly successful in my tests, but did not play to Abaddon's other strengths, only on his ult (since you don't take damage during ult, you will almost always be able to escape by blinking into trees)

Then there was one time I went Aghs refresher mid Dazzle, because +60 armor for your team seemed pretty awesome, and it was at the time, but really... who needs that much armor manipulation? You could get Titan or Omniknight for the offensive and defensive purposes.

I've been testing Octarine Dragon Knight, because you heal from splashes, so you'd combo it with Mjollnir, the lack of damage output on DK, a hero with no damage steroid that also needs BKB is almost all his games, ultimately made my tests all unsuccessful (though I'm willing to try it as a 5th or 6th slot item still).

And then today, after I broke my loss streak following my biggest win streak ever with a Dazzle Huskar combo with a friend, I was like " Tinker can rearm Satanic right?", so I was like "what if tinker goes for a dps build with orchid and daedalus and moon shard, and just permanantly satanics to have 200% lifesteal, he'd be like himself, except he can push towers" and then I realize that he probably can output twice that much damage with Dagon and Eblade.

Do any of you ever have ideas like this from time to time? Share them.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » November 17, 2015 9:48am | Report
Right click Shadow Demon. And this is not event that far from being able to make it in, because Desolator is cheaper now. His soul catcher is unreal, Shadow Poison is decent at farming (4 stacks at level 4 poison just reks creep waves and stacks), Demonic Purge can kite anything, and Disruption is just stupid good with this, because he can push down towers insanely, or make copies of the enemy carry, or aura carriers.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 17, 2015 9:59am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Right click Shadow Demon. And this is not event that far from being able to make it in, because Desolator is cheaper now. His soul catcher is unreal, Shadow Poison is decent at farming (4 stacks at level 4 poison just reks creep waves and stacks), Demonic Purge can kite anything, and Disruption is just stupid good with this, because he can push down towers insanely, or make copies of the enemy carry, or aura carriers.

The only thing that kept me from learning SD was the fact that he was a support, but now...

Thank you based Wulfy-sama I'll totally ruin some games with that once I get into a party.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » November 17, 2015 10:04am | Report
So, I see you wanted to try some innovative right-click builds. Might I recommend the following bits of literature?

http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/blog/fedorable/6-slotted-right-clicking-top-kekkies
http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/blog/fedorable/so-i-maiden-nother-right-click-build
http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/blog/fedorable/right-clinkin-snowballin-solo-killin-pudka-dotka

Oh and don't worry, I'm working on another one as we speak, who will it be? You'll have to wait and see.

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 17, 2015 10:04am | Report
Mjollnir rush on Morphling.
This sounded really good on paper : Morphling is no longer a pure stat-based hero because the nerfed adaptive strike/ Ethereal Blade sucks and nobody goes shotgun morph anymore. So you don't have to build AGI items, you can build pure right click. And all that Morph ever does is split push and try to find farm on empty lanes, and he needs a farm accelerator to do this, the hero's biggest problem is his lack of waveclear.
And Morphling is pretty much Anti-Mage in terms of what he does in a game so mjollnir is the equivalent of bfury AM.
Only problem you have with this build is that Morph has no right-click steroid until he maxes agility, and he can't do this until he gets a skadi. So with just a mjollnir he still farms awfully slowly. And mjollnir is no longer that good of an item, it simply got nerfed too hard. Maybe Maelstrom + Moon Shard is even better than the nerfed mjollnir these days.
Giff farming skill or viable wavelcear item to water gun rat now that he can't farm heroes anymore. Kyfrog pls.

No matter how you look at it, manta/skadi with early Boots of Travel is the best build on Morph. No reason to build anything else.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » November 17, 2015 12:59pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Mjollnir rush on Morphling.
This sounded really good on paper : Morphling is no longer a pure stat-based hero because the nerfed adaptive strike/ Ethereal Blade sucks and nobody goes shotgun morph anymore. So you don't have to build AGI items, you can build pure right click. And all that Morph ever does is split push and try to find farm on empty lanes, and he needs a farm accelerator to do this, the hero's biggest problem is his lack of waveclear.
And Morphling is pretty much Anti-Mage in terms of what he does in a game so mjollnir is the equivalent of bfury AM.
Only problem you have with this build is that Morph has no right-click steroid until he maxes agility, and he can't do this until he gets a skadi. So with just a mjollnir he still farms awfully slowly. And mjollnir is no longer that good of an item, it simply got nerfed too hard. Maybe Maelstrom + Moon Shard is even better than the nerfed mjollnir these days.
Giff farming skill or viable wavelcear item to water gun rat now that he can't farm heroes anymore. Kyfrog pls.

No matter how you look at it, manta/skadi with early Boots of Travel is the best build on Morph. No reason to build anything else.

Number 3 Morphling is kamikaze, he have + 1000 games with him and still does the etheral rush
he buys bottle wand wraith band boots for starts, then etheral then bots and blink dagger, the rest are thing like skadi manta and Divine
with Blink Dagger You can use the full combo before the enemy react, and then you have the Glimmer cape nerfs, you can still buys the hated Diffusal Blade :)
Anyway, i just dont like playing morph like a full right clicker but maelstorm seems nice on him i need to test it out

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » November 17, 2015 1:14pm | Report
Gimmick item builds ?
You have Blink Difussal MoC Aghamihn guinso Bots on wind, Difussal blade Gives Int, armor from agi, a spammble slow that keeps the enemy forever in your Focus fire and then you can **** up the mana from the enemy hero ( 4 seconds shackle is about 10 difussal blade procs, something like 250 mana)
Aghamihn Refresher vlads Sven so your team have 220% their atack damage

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 17, 2015 1:20pm | Report
I'm pretty sure that casting 2 God's Strengths simultaneously doesn't stack the effect.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dokurider » November 17, 2015 1:31pm | Report
Shadow Blade Weaver
Positioning of Shadow Blade + Extra damage + AS bonus = Good??
Probably not.

Dokurider

Steam: 毒ライダ(DOKURAIDA)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » November 17, 2015 1:40pm | Report
What about Centaur Warrunner , with item path Blink-Heart-Eblade-Heart-Heart

Since Stampede Scales with his Str and so does the Eblade itself, you're like a super tanky shotgun morph again. Is it worth the loss of the utility of items such as Aghs, Force, or Shivas?

I'm gonna say no, but it does sound amusing.

Edit: Math
(264 str at level 25)
Eblade blast (264x2) + 75 = 603
Stampede Damage: 264x3= 792
Total Damage: (603+792) (1.05) = 1464.75

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved