Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Slardar Battle Fury

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Slardar Battle Fury 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » November 2, 2013 4:28pm | Report
So I'm looking into creating my second guide. I've been playing with a few new heroes, and I had a good time with Slardar. (Up until I laned with a Riki who kept feeding and leaving me hanging...

Anyway, I was thinking that given his hug end-game attack, and his stun, would it not make sense to go for a Battle Fury on him? I ended up getting 2 Bracers, Phase Boots, and then Battle Fury. I followed that up with Armlet of Mordiggian and it ended up being a pretty good build. I got a Heart of Tarrasque late game for survivabilty and Strength boost.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on Battle Fury for Slardar.

I do realize I should probably get Blink Dagger or Force Staff for initiation purposes.

Tyerker

Notable (2)
Steam: Tyerker
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by zer0lis » November 5, 2013 12:23am | Report
Battlefury works when u already have good initiation in your team and spells to actually use the cleave(magnus ulti/darkseer vacuum,Disruptor's fence). I wouldnt buy Bfury in a normal scenario.Why do u build Bfury? For the cleave? For farming?(Midas is better). For damage?(you allready have dmg go full AS).
For initiation purpuses BKB is a must after blink.
And why get Armlet that late?Armlet is midgame item, getting it as the forth item(30min+) its a waste.
Also why 2 bracers and not drums?
I would never take Phase instead of Treads because i like to permabash but thats just me.

zer0lis

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mr. Nuke » November 8, 2013 3:52am | Report
He has a good right click, but I don't think he should get Battle Fury because he doesn't have a skill to make the most out of it in team fights (PA can cleave crits, Faceless can keep a large area still in Chrono for twice as long).
I agree with zer0lis as well, I'd much rather perma-bash someone with attack speed. Assault Cuirass would be a good item to get since it works with Amplify Damage and gives you the AS to keep the bashes coming. And yes, Blink Dagger is the better initiation. Finally, why Phase when you can Sprint? =P
Bristleback - Making chasers kill themselves since 28/3/2013

Smuggels wrote:

the giant hamster is revived by Drow the dog using the power of the best pie in the world.
the daughter who was beaten now is a the ultimate fighter after training for years since she never wants to be beaten again, she learns all forms of killing and martial arts and is now an unstoppable machine, she teams up with drow the dog and rides the giant hamster into battle against the dark lord Gabe Vovlo, crushing his Steam empire and freeing all the slaves under steam sales control.

Mr. Nuke

Notable (3)
Steam: Mr. Crit
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » November 8, 2013 4:13am | Report
Mr. Nuke wrote:

He has a good right click, but I don't think he should get Battle Fury because he doesn't have a skill to make the most out of it in team fights (PA can cleave crits, Faceless can keep a large area still in Chrono for twice as long).

^ This. You're not really getting much out of a Battlefury on Slark so it's situational at best in Teamfights, and since Slark is a Mid-Game Hero, there's no point spending time in the Jungle farming Stacks.

An Armlet of Mordiggian will probably be all you need Regen-wise since Amplify Damage costs next to nothing, and 110 Mana for Slithereen Crush is easily manageable with just a Magic Wand.
Quoted:

I agree with zer0lis as well, I'd much rather perma-bash someone with attack speed. Assault Cuirass would be a good item to get since it works with Amplify Damage and gives you the AS to keep the bashes coming.

It's also good for increasing your already good Armour, as well as buffing your Teammates. Definitely the best Late-Game Option for Slardar
Quoted:

And yes, Blink Dagger is the better initiation. Finally, why Phase when you can Sprint? =P

True, the Attack Speed from Power Treads would be better, but personally, I prefer a Shadow Blade on Slardar. Obviously it gives you even more Attack Speed, but it synergises well with Sprint because they both increase your Movement Speed, culminating in one hell of a chasing Ganker. 8)

So I'd probably go with something like this...

Starting Items

~40 minute mark

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tyerker » November 11, 2013 8:46am | Report
I ended up playing a match late last night. It was a nearly 70 minute match. And by the end I had:
Boots of Travel = 522 move speed on Sprint, 400 normally
Heaven's Helberd = Slow, plus damage, plus a nice little thing called Disarm
Radiance = Just because. +60 damage, AOE passive damage
Hyperstone = for attack speed. I was thinking about an Assault Cuirass but ran out of time
Crystalys = Crits.

Tyerker

Notable (2)
Steam: Tyerker
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by JaboChepelski » November 19, 2013 2:32pm | Report
I'd probably prefer getting something like Mjollnir instead of the Rad. Why spend so much money on it when the late game it's not going to be doing too much (depending on your line up) when you could have the attack speed buff of Mjol, procing more bashes as well as adding magic damage to your attacks with the lightning chain.

JaboChepelski

Steam: [☭Comrade☭] JabØ Chepelsk
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PiNG- » November 19, 2013 8:50pm | Report
First of all, Battle Fury is suppose to help you farm faster, kind of like a slope. In addition to that being said Armlet of Mordiggian is a good early game item but a terrible mid-late game item due to the fact that Armlet of Mordiggian. That gold to make Armlet of Mordiggian could be allocated into a desolator or even a blink dagger.

with Slardar hes not suppose to really farm, you're suppose to use sprint to get those early stuns in followed by Amplify Damage. This is the source of your gold, either from the kill or from the assists. Slardar is a semi-carry, but with all that negative armor there is no point in getting more damage and cleave as you are most likely going to be picking out heroes early in the game. With that gold you should be buying a Blink Dagger, followed by a Assault Cuirass and a Force Staff. The [[force staff] is totally optional, i would like to just be able to get in there and stun with sprint and force any melee hero to get closer faster to dish out alot more damage.

PiNG-

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » November 20, 2013 2:12am | Report
Don't underestimate just how effective perma-bash can be - with sufficient attack speed he can completely lock down and beat on the enemy carry, no matter how hard, it goes through magic immunity.

If you're looking for a more farm focused build (unusual on Slardar, he's a strong ganker and can snowball), I'd suggest going Maelstrom into Armlet of Mordiggian and then Mjollnir rather than Battle Fury.

I like a build like this on him:

Power Treads
Armlet of Mordiggian
Mjollnir
Desolator
Assault Cuirass
Vladmir's Offering/ Blink Dagger/ Black King Bar (depending on which ones you need the most, what your team provides, etc)

Basically you have massive attack speed and minus armour, combined with perma-bash. Might need to get the more situational stuff sometimes.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Thenickrick » April 16, 2014 12:16pm | Report
Only reason not to his beastly mid game team fight which you will be missing to farm that blink or vanguards you skipped XD.

Thenickrick

Notable (1)
Steam: [DC] THEnickrick
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 16, 2014 1:28pm | Report
What's with all these Necros? 8{(

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved