Riki, some people will call it SA because in dota 1 his name is Stealth Assassin and thus Riki and SA are both referring to him. He is the hero that is well known of being able to invisible all the time, and this is what make him special. He can be a carry, ganker and also a "tool" to spot enemy, a very easy but yet strong hero, you just need to get your ulti ASAP.
- Can be invisible all the time (so pleaase don't buy Shadow Blade if u just want the invisible purpose)
- A good Carry
- High Agi
- Having 1 of the most useful AOE Silent and Evasion Skill (Smoke Screen)
- A good chaser and runner - Blink Skill
- An easy hero to master (Which is only having 2 active skill)
- Small in size which will make your enemy see you as a creep (JOKE XD!)
- Low HP
- Ultimate is considered useless after gem/dust/sentry ward
- Backstab skill is useless if the opponent want to fight you face to face
- Not so useful if you aren't farmed
- Hard to farm due to low damage (But if u good use of the backstab skill then problem could solve)
- Can't blink without a target like what AM/QOP did
Early Game (0 - 20 min)
- Ring of Regenration (Why this? I will tell you later on)
- Branchsss > Magic Wand
- Wraith band
- Shoe > phase boot or power tread
- Tangos / Healing Salve
- Poor man shield
Mid Game (20 - 40 min)
- Mask > Mask of Madness (Preferred) / Dominator / Vladmir Offering (Not Recommended)
- Skrull Basher (A Must)
- Diffusal Blade (You can buy this but however I'm not recommended this)
- Yasha > Mantar Style (Preferred) / Sange and Yasha
- Deso (Not proferred)
- Black King Bar
Late Game (40 - 60 min)
- Abyss Blade
- Mantar Style
- Boot Of Travel
- Satanic (Only If you think it's necessary)
- Dinve Rapier (Only If you think it's necessary)
- ***ult Cuiruss (Prefer Buttefly than this because it give more damage for the backstab skill)
- Heart of Transeque
I know most of you will be asking of why do I put ring of regeneration into my build ? Actually Riki is having low damage, hp and mana in the early game. So it's very hard for you to get last hit if the enemies are pro, so what you wanna do is stay back and get exp ( Of course try your best to get last hit/deny if the situation allowed ). With the ring regeneration, you don't have to go back and just roam around the map even it's in mid game (it works well for me). What you wanna do is STAY ALIVE until you gain your ultimate, this is the priority mission as RIKI. You may get a magic stick if there are a lot of skill hero in the other side.
The sequence of item to be bought will be Power Tread, MoM and Basher. Try your best to get it within 20 - 25 minute, if you can make it, no body gonna beat you in 1v1, trust me. even BH is your food. With this item, you can roam around and kill anyone in 1v1 or team fight. What you gonna do is, go behind your target, open your smoke and then your MoM, and just chase him like no tomorrow. I don't think anyone could survive, Please always remember whoever inside your smoke couldn't win you in mid game unless there are bkb/mkb#ff8000]BKB/MKB[/color] which is quite rarely to have this item in this time. After that get a Yasha.
With your CRAZY owning of Mid game, there must be [color000]sentry ward/gem/dust[/color]. So in order to survive, you will need a BKB, try to get it in around 30-35 minutes. After you got a BKB, you can play just like what you did in mid game again, and please do remember to aim the one who is holding the gem and break it. With the latest update, the Gem CD has been increase to 10 minutes which really makes invisible heroes more IMBA, good use of this benefit, enemy will think twice before holding it/buying it, 10 minutes could have happen a lot of thingssssss. After BKB, get a mantar style which will help you in pushing and confuse the enemy. Furthermore, you may get abyss blade if there are someone who bought ghost scepter or some late game which you have take it down quickly. Butterfly is the best item for RIKI, but I don't buy it in early game because it doesn't really help you owning in the early game. Butterfly give the most agi, and with the evasion given + smoke, how could the enemy hurt you, unless they bought mkb. Butterfly will increase the damage of the backstab skill.
If and only If the game has come to here, which is after 60 minute. You may change your item if you're having some extra money.
First of all
- The first item that you have to change will be your power tread, replace it with BoT due to some urgent defend or ease you in pushing.
- Since you have abyss with you, you may sell your MOM and replace it with satanic for more hp and the imba life steal which is up to 175% for 3.5s.
- You may consider MKB replacing the Mantar style if enemy would have buy butterfly or their skill with evasion, for example: PA, Panda, windrunner etc. (ONlY If you think it's needed but not recommend because mantar style is working well for riki and it's good for pushing.)
- Daedalus may be considered if you wanna try your luck with the satanic 175% life steal for 3.5s.
Well, it's not hard to counter riki. What you need is a Ghost scepter, it helps you escape when you are under his smoke, after you run out then you can fight him fairly. Never fight a RIKI under his smoke unless you are having BKB or MKB. The another item which could counter RIKI will be force staff, what make RIKI imba is the smoke which is having the big AOE of silent, make your attack miss up to 70% and some slow effect. No matter who, Carry/Support/Ganker, the second you are inside his smoke screen you are actually useless. Eul may be consider to counter riki too, if he have BKB then you just eul yourself, if he don't then eul riki. But then the eul effect is only working for 2.5s while the smoke will last 6s. Thus, this item is not really recommended to counter riki.
I'm sure many of you will ask why not use diffusal instead of mom/basher? Diffusal is actually Early - Mid Game build, it's not really works well in late game because you wasted a slot for just Purge/mana burn, and the charges is limited. Do you think 16 charges (after upgrade) are enough for you until late game? It doesn't worth as MoM/Basher which is actually working well even late game.
Diffusal blade combo
Open Smoke and purge the target and let him die inside the smoke. Single target with 8s CD
Open smoke and mom, the target might run out from the smoke with red hp if you aren't lucky(didn't bash). But then you are running faster than him (MoM effect), you still able to kill them. On the other hand, with your MoM you can chase 1 by 1 in team fight (MoM effect for 12s) with your blink strike, it's easy to get a double or triple kill.
Lastly, if you buy diffusal blade, you will need a vladmir for late game which is wasted 1 slot and once you near your creep, the enemy can saw the aura.
Wonder if my guide works? There are some game I tested with the build of MoM/BasherFor more information, you may go to LINK to see the RIKI replay that I have play. (I might not be the best Riki player but I suppose I'm quite good with it.)
Hope you enjoy =)