Yes, troll support.
You may think which idiot does this and immediatly downvote this guide. But i'm serious. It really works.
When i play troll as a support i will zone the enemy oflaner, roam around to get kills and jungle a bit. Troll has a decent slow from 30% and has good rightclick damage early in the game due to Fervor. Also you often win trades because you have a 60% blind. Your first skill increases armor, hp, bat, and gives you a bash when you are melee. All these factors make from troll an excellent zoning support and a potential ganking hero.
It's an easy thing to offend a troll. A prickly and contentious race, trolls thrive on argument and strife, missing no excuse to raise their voices in dispute. Males grow to maturity in subterranean chambers beneath their matriarch's domicile, feeding and amusing themselves while contributing nothing. Often they stay for years beyond the age of maturity, while the matriarch provides them with sustenance. When young trolls are finally pushed from their sub-chamber, they gather with others of their kind, forming roving gangs of malcontents who complain loudly about all manner of vexation.
As much as trolls love to argue, imagine how rare it is for a troll to be driven from his own kind for being too difficult to get along with. Such was Jah'rakal's fate, a monger troll from deep in the Hoven. So deluded was he, so bitter and abrasive, that even other trolls found his company intolerable. After one particularly vitriolic outburst in which he claimed the lion's share of loot from their latest raid, his cohorts finally snapped. They turned on him, beat him with clubs, and drove him from the encampment. Enraged at his banishment, he returned the next day, armed with steel, and slew them all, one by one. He then swore a blood oath: he would ever after be a fighting force unto himself. Now he roams the world as the Troll Warlord, bitter and angry, the Imperial high commander of an army of one.
- Has a bash
- Gives attackspeed to his whole team
- Is pretty tanky early on
- Has an aoe slow and blind
- Can do Roshan
- Can zone easily the oflane
- Can gank otherlanes
- Nobody expect him to be the support
- Your team can become salty
- You are still an item dependant support
- You need to be carefull and don't overextend
- Has no guaranteed disable
- Has no real nuke
In this chapter i will explain how troll his abillities work and how to use them in a support way.
Like his anger, Troll Warlord's supply of axes is infinite.
This is a very unique spell that makes from a ranged hero a melee. Mostly you transform from melee into ranged( Metamorphosis and elder dragon form). By toggling this on you become melee and get some extra benefits: you get a big movementspeed boost by each level, your base attack time (bat) goes from 1.7 to 1.55, your armor gets higher by each level, you get 100 hp and a bash.
The reason why we skill it as a support is to get the melee Whirling Axes (Melee). Also for the movementspeed, the armor and the hp. It makes us very tanky in the early game. However you should try to stay in the ranged form as many as possible because you are a support and not a carry so you shouldn't be tanking hits.
Cast Time: 0+0
Health Bonus: 100
Armor Bonus: 3
Move Speed Bonus: 10/20/30/40
Base Attack Time: 1.55
Bash Chance: 10%
Bash Damage: 20/30/40/50
Bash Duration: 0.8/1.2/1.6/2
Whirling axes (ranged)
Only axes fueled by hate whirl with such a deadly spin.
This is an aoe slow that deals minor damage. With this skill we can set up kills and gank lanes. When we cast the slow we can easily get 3 ranged hits in. It is very important to attack move as troll so you can easier switch to the melee form and attack someone as a melee hero. This way you are faster and tankier.
Cast Time: 0.2+0
Cast Range: 900
Axes Travel Distance: 945
Axes radius: 100
Axes Spread End Radius: 206.17
Move Speed Slow: 30%
Slow duration: 3/3.75/4.5/5.25
Cooldown 20/19/18/17 Mana 50
Whirling axes (melee)
Keep your enemies close.
The melee axes gives us a decent nuke and a blind. Thanks to the blind we can easily trade with heroes because the misschange is already 60% at level 1.
Troll hurls two axes around him in a close range area of effect, damaging enemy units and causing them to miss some attacks.
Cast Time: 0+0
Spin Radius: 350
Axes Radius: 100
Miss chance: 60%
Miss Duration: 4/5/6/7
Whirl Duration: 3
Cooldown 12 Mana 50
If at first you don't succeed, strike, strike again.
with this spell we can trade hits with the oflaner even better, also helps you with rosh and to farm a bit up.
Max Stacks: 4
Attack Speed Bonus per Stack: 20/25/30/35
An adrenaline rush of pure hatred quickens your blades.
use this when you do roshan, push towers or when you and/or your carry is smashing on someone. This skill provides every hero with a big boost of attackspeed.
Cast Time: 0+0
Attack Speed Bonus: 60/120/180
Cooldown 30 Mana 75
So we start of with 1 or 2 pairs of tangoes, a Clarity, an Orb of Venom and wards or courier or we buy a smoke or you spare gold depends on what you like or what is recquired in your game.
The first item we get is Boots of Speed. Later we get a Medallion of Courage you can get a magic stick before the medaliion ofcourse when neccesary. This medallion is what will help us farm jungle creeps and will alow us to do roshan. Next item we get is a vladimir's offering this item helps our team alot. This allows us to do roshan solo.
I suggest you get Arcane Boots or tranquik boots you can also leave your boots unupgraded. A good item to get now is a Force Staff this gives us mobillity and some int and hp regen. Other great items to get are:
- Blink Dagger, this item makes from us a good semi initiator and helps you to position you to do whirling axes.
- Crimson Guard this item is good if you fight against a team with alot of minions like Beastmaster, Broodmother, Lycan and so one.
- eul's scepter of divinity gives you mana, mana regen, movementspeed and a cyclone. This can also be used to dispell silences, juke spells like Omnislash and Homing Missile or simply to setup for your team.
- Ghost Scepter, is good against rightclickers
- Glimmer Cape, this is good against casters especially Necrophos and Skywrath Mage
- Guardian Greaves, expensive but probably the best item in the game.
- Heaven's Halberd, good against rightclickers
- Lotus Orb, This item dispells, gives good armor and regen and is really good against unit targeted spells like Laguna Blade, Reaper's Scythe, etc.
- rod of atos, this is one of my favourite items, has a really good spammable slow gives alot of int and good hp, this item is a must have against heroes like Ursa, Wraith King, Sven and other kiteable heroes.
- Pipe of Insight, amazing items against casters like Zeus, Phoenix, Invoker, etc
- Shiva's Guard, gives alot of armor, intellegence and an amazing attackspeed slow aura. Also the movementspeed slow is really good. This items i really good against Medusa, Sven, Meepo, and other rightclick heroes.
- Scythe of Vyse, Last but not least the sheepstick, this item is beast lategame and is probably the best lategame item after abysal blade.
Heroes Troll Warlord like to play with
In general carries who like to rightclick, often who lack natural attackspeed, also splitpush heroes and early 5 men tactics.
- Tiny, the attackspeed is really good on him
- Juggernaut, your ult during his ult allows jugg to do even more damage
- Faceless Void, just like juggernaut, stack ulti
- Legion Commander, legion can do the easiest duels of her life
- Lifestealer, benefits alot of the attackspeed to
- Lycan, he can take towers even faster now
- Medusa, more attackspeed more damage
- Meepo, all his clones get the attackspeed
- Nature's Prophet, super rat
- Phantom Assassin, lacks attackspeed most of the time (most pa's only get attackspeed from the blink)
- Sniper, the attackspeed is really good on the little guy
- Necrophos, is a strong 5 men hero
- Viper, is a strong early 5 men hero and benefits from the attackspeed.
- Shadow Fiend, benefits from the attackspeed, is a strong mid that can easily get kills when you gank, helps you with doing roshan and is a strong 5 men hero as well.
Heroes Troll Warlord doesn't like to play against
in general heroes with alot of summoned units or heroes that can kite, burst or stun you.
- Broodmother, You may have an aoe blind you are not going to do anything against a brood
- Chaos Knight, The same like Broodmother
- Dragon Knight, he is really tanky to physical damage so you and your team need alot to kill him with rightclicks
- Lion, he has alot of disable and nuke power, also your mana is precious
- Shadow Shaman, he has alot of disable to
- Lich, has slows, nuke damage and gives his team armor
- Enigma, has a big disable
- Lina, disable and nukes
- Slardar, disable and nukes
- Timbersaw, nukes, kites you easily and tanky
- Shadow Demon, can kite you
Heroes Troll Warlord likes to play against
In general heroes who are weak against attackspeed
- Legion Commander, when she duels you can blind her and give attackspeed so the person who gets dueled has more change of winning or just not dying during the Duel.
- Huskar, This hero is weak against attackspeed and you can blind him.
- Anti- mage, you can help your team to burst him, you can blind him and you are stupid with the beautiful 1 int per level
- Phoenix, Get that egg down in no time
- Undying, You can focus the Tombstone and the blind is good against zombies and undying self who need his attacks to do damage during the early game.
Troll support is based on buffing op the main carry, doing roshan and getting general utillity items.
So at the start of the game we can do several things. One is that we go zone the enemy oflaner, pull the lane or just stack some jungle camps. The other thing we can do is ganking other lanes. If you smoke yourself and go to the mid lane you can easily get a kill with your slow. Also your Fervor alows you to get some extra attacks off.
If you have nothing to do you can always farm a jungle camp. I play troll support by ganking, zoning and jungling a bit. When you have ult and Medallion of Courage you can smoke to rosh togheter with your carry or mid. You do rosh and let them get the aegis. Now you 5 man with your team and try to get some towers and win teamfights. This is wy troll support is good with early game 5 man heroes like Necrophos, Shadow Fiend, Viper, Tiny and Clinkz.
During the midgame you just do your ult when your team need it, when your carry is fighting or when you are pushing a tower and stuff like that. You can also gank with another ally and farm a bit yourself so you can get utillity items.
In the lategame you can always try to do something fancy and that is becoming an initiator. What you need is a Blink Dagger and a Force Staff or a Glimmer Cape. What you do now is attack creeps and count the amount of hits you had no bash. When you had 9 hits whitout a bash you don't attack anymore. Now you go push with your team and when you see the opposing carry use your ult and blind and blink on him. You stay hitting him untill you bash (this is wy we activate the ult and blind right before we blink). After 1 or 2 hits you should have a bash if you didn't got one Force Staff yourself away. Bash has a 2 second duration and pierces bkb. Also a troll with totaly no items and only level 25 can reach 403/500 attackspeed with his ult and 4 Fervor stacks.
This is my unique way of playing Troll Warlord and I really enjoyed doing so. We even did this when we were with our little team playing a game on faceit. I played troll support and we had a Tiny, an Io, a vengeful spirit], and a [[shadow fiend. Me and the veng were in the oflane and the veng was farming :). We got some kill in that lane and later i ganked mid, did roshan and ended the game in 25 minutes. My impact was pretty big I ended 5-4-12 but my biggest impact was just in allowing my team dto do rosh at 12 minutes, ganking the midlane and taking the towers really fast.
We were a 3-4k mmr team and we played against a 4-5k team. So it was NOT a noob game it really worked. I don't say you should think troll support is the best thing ever but it isn't that bad as you may think
So try this **** out in a real game and own everyone you end up playing with Troll Warlord
DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.
Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved