Ember Spirit - [6.85] THE NEW META
November 20, 2015
Sup Dudes.. I am Tony.. Aka BLUE GANGSTA
I will update the format of the guide as I learn how to make it look cooler =)
Don't let the wall of text fool you, there is some valuable info about Ember Spirit in this guide.
First off, I have multiple accounts in different MMR brackets that I use because I enjoy playing in different MMRs. My highest MMR account is 4.5k, because of how intense and serious those very high skill games are, I like to spend time on my 3.5k MMR account, or boots MMR for my friends on their 1k-2k accounts.
My win rate with Ember Spirit is high on each of my accounts. 88%, 83%, ETC.
Average Kills/Deaths is 18/3.
100+ games played. High Skill / Very High Skill included
Ember Spirit is one of my best heroes. I love Ember. He's probably the most fun hero in dota right now.
He has the ability to carry in a special way. When he gets farmed, he has a HUGE amount of damage output to the ENTIRE enemy team.. so anytime there's an engagement.. you're just going to rip away at all of the enemy team's health while your team finishes them off.. and you can just escape, heal, and rejoin the fight.
Ember Spirit's damage potential is insane. It's actually OP in my opinion, once you have farm, even enemies with high HP and high armor need to be scared of you because if you build your items correctly, you can get massive DPS, reduce enemy armor, dispel silences that prevent you from escaping, and rip tanky heroes to shreds.
The catch is, he needs time, and space, to get to that point. If your enemies have a bunch of early game heroes, you may possibly have a difficult time.
TLDR: Ember Spirit is amazing and versatile. Good for pushing, farming, team fighting, ganking, escaping, defending highground, pushing highground, pretty much everything.
He's just squishy AF.
Pros / Cons
- High ganking potential with Searing Chains and Flame Guard combination.
- Has mix of magic damage + physical damage + damage over time + a disable.
- Massive amounts of physical damage in a large area.
- Main DPS skill Sleight of Fist goes through spell immunity, so ember is not countered by Black King Bar easily.
- Good Ember Spirit players can avoid dying even in the most dangerous situations.
- A 6 slotted Ember Spirit can out carry almost every hero in Dota. Even if he is out carried he might just able to kill them with Divine Rapier.
- Has huge split pushing potential with his ult and boots of travel.
- Super fun!
- Ember is picked in 25% of 5k+ MMR games.. FOR MANY REASONS.
- Popular pick in pro games.
- Amazing in team fights.
- Lots of mobility.
- Can come back from a bad start.
- Can build items to counter enemy team very well.
- Versatile item possibilities. But Battle Fury and Daedelus are core for farming and damage output.
- Even if Ember Spirit is countered, he can counter his counters... (if that makes sense)
- Good early ganking skills help him snowball.
- One of the BEST Divine Rapier carries in dota. I've never lost with rapier.
- Your Q skill can disable 2 enemies. Searing Chains
- Your W lets you dodge spells, become invulnerable, do aoe damage, combo with other spells. Sleight of Fist
- Your E is basically a free Radiance and Pipe of Insight... Flame Guard
- Becomes extremely mobile / global with Fire Remnant & Activate Fire Remnant
AKA your R and D skills. Especially with Boots of Travel
TLDR: EZ TEAMWIPES FOR Ember Spirit. IT'S GG ALREADY
you just can't suck *** with the hero. git gud bruh
- Low Health Pool without Eye of Skadi or Sange & Yasha / Manta Style / Drums Of Endurance. You're gonna need 1 of these for more HP and mana pool. Drums Of Endurance is mainly only for early game though.
- If you are having an amazing game, you might want to skip stats and go for DPS to finish early. Just play more carefully.
- If you run out of mana in the middle of a fight, you are most likely dead unless you can win the fight right there and then. ALWAYS SAVE MANA FOR Activate Fire Remnant so you can escape and not die.. and not feed / lose.
- VERY item dependent (to an extent).
- Comes online after he has 2-3 core items. (Battlefury / Daedelus / Third item)
- Melee hero; bad vs ranged heroes in lane.
- Not the best Black King Bar carrier because he needs other items so badly.
- Can get caught out by lock-down spells.
- Weak against physical burst damage (low armor / low hp)
- Needs practice.
- Dying hurts this hero a lot. He needs items, exp, and money.
(He can come back from bad starts but good enemies will end game early if you keep dying early)
- Very squishy.
- If you don't have a Fire Remnant ready to escape to incase of danger, you can be punished.
- Can't solo lanes very well vs duo-lanes/tri-lanes.
TLDR: VERY SQUISHY / WEAK VS PHYSICAL DMG AND LOCKDOWN / NEEDS ITEMS / NEEDS PRACTICE
Skills Explanation / Combos / Using Skills in Team Fights
Let's talk about your skills.
Do you think this is a ****ing game?.. Well .. it is Dota 2 :D .. so yes it
BUT REALLY THO.. I have to admit, my guide is AMAZING AF and can teach you about 90% everything that is...... Ember Spirit
YOU NEED TO PRACTICE
GO INTO BOT MATCHES PLAY UNFAIR WITH NO CHEATS UNTIL YOU CAN CARRY YOUR TEAM BY YOURSELF AND NOT FEED AND ****..
THEN GO INTO UNRANKED... THEN RANKED.. GET GOOD BRUH..
just had to let you guys know you need to practice this hero.. or you will suck ***.
Timing your spells is everything on this hero.
Here's a quick initial explanation of your skill set
Sleight of Fist
- Can ensnare 2 targets for 3 seconds when maxed.
- Does damage over time, which adds to damage over time from Flame Guard.
- You can use Sleight of Fist to close distance between you and enemy, then use Searing Chains to disable them.
- You can see where Ember Spirit is while using Sleight of Fist to help you time the disable.
- This is good for chasing, saving an ally, or escaping.
- When you're in lane, a good combo can be, turn on Flame Gaurd, walk to enemy, use Searing Chains, right click them while they melt. IF enemies aren't careful, they will feed you.
- This disable can help you gank, along with Flame Guard. If you're mid and you want to gank, make sure to save your mana so when you gank you can cast flame guard and Searing Chains.
- Searing Chains randomly selects 2 targets in a small AOE around you, so try not to use it around creeps. IF there are creeps and you want to hit a hero, use it, and hope you get lucky enough to disable the heroes and not the creeps. Can actually be game changing.
- Lots of damage early game.
- This skill is not a STUN, it's an ENSNARE. Only stops enemy movement, not attack or spell capabilities.
- Still reliable disable.
- You will want to max this first along with Flame Guard because the disable helps secure kills, secure ganks, and save your life as well as your teammates.
- HUGE AOE Spell that goes through spell immunity.
- Hits every target in the AOE you selected. One at a time, not at all once.
- Does less damage to creeps, and gives bonus damage against heroes.
- Orbs and crits work with Sleight of Fist. Daedelus / Eye of Skadi / Desolator
- You are invulnerable while using Sleight of Fist.
- Can't get stunned out of it.
- Good Ember Spirit players can land disables using Sleight of Fist and Searing Chains combo. Sleight of Fist can close distance between you and enemies during it's animation.
- After using Sleight of Fist, you always reappear where you first casted it, after you hit every enemy in the area.
- Pay attention to where Ember Spirit is during Sleight of Fist, and who you want to disable. Then activate Searing Chains
- You can use your Fire Remnant to escape a fight during your Sleight of Fist animation. Meaning you can dish out some damage before leaving.
- This skill scales AMAZINGLY into late game. Imagine high amounts of physical damage, minus armor, crits, stuns, all hitting your enemies.
- 5 sec cool down means you can do tons of damage, over and over. The longer the fight lasts the more likely your team is to win it.
- You can dodge spells with this skill.
- Since Sleight of Fist has a 5 second cool down, it's not always a good idea to just stand around waiting for it to be off cool down.
- It's important to know WHEN to go in for right click attacks to deal more damage to enemy heroes. BE AGGRESSIVE, BUT SAFE.
- VERY low mana cost makes it easy to spam.
- You can put an early point into this if you feel like you can dodge some incoming spells/projectiles.
Fire Remnant is the skill that is going to make your enemies hate you. They are going to wish they were playing captain's mode so they could've banned Ember Spirit before you chose him. Basically, Ember Spirit gains charges(instances) of Fire Remnants every 35 seconds. 3 charges max. Each remnant lasts 45 seconds, and you can shoot one anywhere near you. When you press D and click anywhere on your screen, you will INSTANTLY teleport to your earliest placed remnant.. this means that every 5 seconds you use Sleight Of Fist to deal out tons of AOE damage to your enemies, then when they finally decide to focus you.. You just escape with your remnant before dying. Now your enemy has low HP, and your team is finishing them all of. EZ TEAM WIPE.
- Gives you shield that absorbs magic damage.
- Damage over time in an AOE around you.
- Good for farming / harassing enemy in lane / dealing damage in fights / protecting yourself from magic damage.
- Can be used in conjunction with Searing Chains. 2 Damage over time spells + a disable = A lot of damage in the early / mid game.
- Max early for farming/survivability/harassment.
- Basically a free Radiance and Pipe of Insight...
Just saw Sumail (EG) die multiple times in a match versus Team Secret because he kept running out of mana in fights and couldn't escape to safety. A lot of times, it's better to escape and lose 1-2 heroes, than to stay there and feed more than your team has to; just because you have NO MANA.
[*]It's important to know that you can be anywhere on the map, and teleport to any Fire Remnant
any where on the map, using Activate Fire Remnant
. It's global.
[*] This means you can leave Fire Remnant
in fountain, use Boots of Travel
to fight, then escape back to fountain when necessary. Or you can teleport to fountain, and use remnant to rejoin the fight.
[*] Ember Spirit likes rat dota. uses this skill to rat creep waves and rat heroes.
(hit, escape, hit,escape)
[*] You can use this spell while using Sleight of Fist.
[*] Can be used to escape or initiate/counter initiate.
[*] Once you stop sucking *** on Ember Spirit, killing you will be almost IMPOSSIBLE, ESPECIALLY if enemy team cannot chain stun you and kill you instantly.
[*] Can be used for rune control.
[*] With a well-placed Fire Remnant
, you can buy back and rejoin a fight INSTANTLY using Activate Fire Remnant
. This can easily result in wiping out the enemy team.
[*] Your enemies will get pissed off and say "Ember Spirit you suck, you just hit us then you leave." But they don't realize you're hitting everyone on their team for 1k damage every 5 seconds, then just retreating to regen then just join the fight again with your remnant or boots of travel.
[*] If you want to, you can avoid putting the 2nd and 3rd skill points into this skill because it doesn't scale extremely well with levels. It's up to you. I like maxing it early, because maxing sleight of fist early isn't too ideal anyway since you won't have major DPS items too early. (unless you are farming very well)
That is the smart way to play Ember. Play SAFELY , but aggressively at the same time. TRY NOT TO BE USELESS WHEN Sleight Of Fist IS ON COOL DOWN.
You should be able to dish out so much damage that by the time you escape with your boots of travel or fire remnant, your teammates should easily be able to kill the enemy team. If you want to, you can use boots of travel to go back to base, then use fire remnant to instantly join the fight again but with Full HP and MP, and when you rejoin the fight you can throw a fire remnant away from the fighting, so if you're about to die, you can just teleport to the remnant. Your enemies will HATE YOU.
TLDR: SPAM SLEIGHT OF FIST, LEAVE FIGHT TO REGEN, REJOIN FIGHT, SPAM SLEIGHT OF FIST, REPEAT. DON'T BE A ***** THOUGH, RIGHT CLICK ENEMIES WHEN YOU CAN.
Ember Spirit has a versatile skill set so you can do different things in different ways at different times..
General tips for ganking from Mid-lane to a side lane.
IN 6.85.. GANKING WINS GAMES.. SHUTS DOWN ENEMIES, GUARANTEES YOUR TEAM FARM + EXP. GG
I will teach you how to be that Ember Spirit who goes to gank a lane to kill 1-2 heroes and help your teammates win the lane. Your enemies will tell each other "GG I TOLD YOU EMBER WAS MISSING ****ING NOOB" and your team will get exp+gold. GG
But really tho here are some good directions for ganking, before I talk about using Ember Spirit's skill combos to gank.
[*]RULE #1.. the most IMPORTANT RULE.. ONLY gank if you see that there is a GREAT CHANCE that you will kill 1-2 heroes in that lane.
If you fail the gank.. you just spent a bunch of time walking around while your enemy mid is getting more farm than you, more exp than you, and doing more tower damage than you. (Potentially)
[*] If you see that your creeps are at the enemy's tower.. there is no way you can gank them..
[*] Before you walk to a lane and start pinging the hell out of the enemy heroes so your teammates can start fighting them... check your teammates' health and mana levels... They MAY or MAY NOT have enough mana to cast their spells to help you in the gank.. ALWAYS CHECK HEALTH AND MANA :)..
[*]If you can get the kill(s) regardless of your teammates mana, then by all means, kill the ***********ers.
[*]Have enough Health and Mana to complete the potential gank.
[*]Runes open up HUGE possibilities for ganks. Invis/Haste/Double Damage runes.
[*]& For god's sake, DO NOT WALK TO THE LANE THROUGH THE RIVER
.. Walk thru the jungle where they are less likely to have wards
BRUH.. CMON.. YOU KNOW BETTER. 4REALNOW.
[*] Even if you take ward, pretend your walking back to mid, then go through jungle.
[*] DO-NOT-WASTE-YOUR-TIME. GOOD PLAYERS DO NOT WASTE TIME WALKING AROUND :D.. FARM/KILL
[*] You can use Fire Remnant
and Activate Fire Remnant
to either have a guaranteed escape from the fight, or you can use them to initiate.
Using your Skills properly when ganking
Here's a realistic example of a possible gank you might do.
-You are mid, your teammates Spectre
and Witch Doctor
are in your safe lane.
-Their enemies are 2 off-laners. Lich
1.Place Fire Remnant
in a place you can escape to, or shoot it at them to initiate with Activate Fire Remnant
2.As you are approaching the enemy heroes from behind the trees, ping the enemies so your allies know they have to start attacking now..
3.You and your allies are now chasing your enemies, or you showed up from behind like a good player.
This combo can help you gank successfully in a lot of matches.
- Flame Guard
> Searing Chains
> Proceed to right click enemies and chase them.
- Flame Guard
does damage over time in an area around your hero, and absorbs magic damage.
- Searing Chains
temporarily stops your enemies from moving completely, and also does damage over time as well.
[*] The damage out put from chasing your enemies with Flame Guard
, and them eating your Searing Chains
combined with your allies throwing your spells at the enemies.. SHOULD result in 2 kills for the lane..
[*] If your positioning was well done and your spells well executed.. Be sure not to use Searing Chains
on creeps.. If you can only get 1 hero, or have to risk hitting a creep to possibly catch a hero, Searing Chains
anyway, and pray that it catches a hero.
1.Ping teammates to start attacking enemy heroes.
early to be ready to escape, or to initiate.
3.Use Flame Guard
for reliable damage over time as you chase the enemies.
4.Try your best to land Searing Chains
on the enemy heroes.. If they take damage from both Flame Guard
and Searing Chains
.. they are most likely dead..
CONGRATULATIONS. You helped your lane win the lane, got you and your teammates some EXP and some gold, and limited the farm / exp of your enemy.
Good players do this well, and a lot. Although, it's also not a horrible idea to farm.
But Dota in 6.85 rewards early kills immensely.. if you gank and get a double kill.. that is a huge gold / exp boost to your team that the enemy lacks. It gives you advantage. Dota is all about ADVANTAGE
-DON'T GO THROUGH REGULARLY WARDED AREAS WHEN GOING TO GANK
-PING YOUR TEAMMATES SO THEY KNOW YOU ARE GANKING SO THEY CAN HELP YOU FIGHT
-TRY TO GO FROM BEHIND USING TREES IN JUNGLE
-ONLY GANK WHEN YOU KNOW YOU CAN GET A KILL OR 2 , DONT WASTE YOUR TIME
and Activate Fire Remnant
to escape or initiate
-USE Flame Guard
AND Searing Chains
FOR DAMAGE OUT PUT + DISABLE.
^^^^LAUGH WHILE UR ENEMIES SAY "GG" IN ALL CHAT^^^^
This section could be more concise possibly.. but either way you need to practice it.
Friends / Foes
Ember Spirit Loves these.
Ember Spirit hates these.
- Allies with team fight abilities/high damage output in teamfights:Tide Hunter, Shadow Fiend, Timbersaw, Luna, Sven, Witch Doctor, Enigma, Magnus, Dazzle, Omniknight, Dark Seer..
- Tanky Frontline Allies: Tide Hunter, Timbersaw, Axe, Ursa, Sven, Bristleback, Dragon Knight, Abaddon
- Allies who heal/protect/buff: Omniknight, Abbadon, Dazzle, Ogre Magi Vengeful Spirit
Ember Spirit doesn't stay in the front of a fight. Instead, he stays behind and has massive damage output from spamming Sleight Of Fist. But don't be afraid to right click with caution.
- Burst Physical Damage: Heroes like Phantom Assassin, Sven, Wraith King
- Lockdown: Bane, Lion, Disruptor, Kunkka.. Legion Commander can Duel you, Doom can doom you.
- Silences: Silencer, Earth Spirit, Death Prophet, and any heroes who build Orchid Malevolence. It's active silence can stop you from doing what you want to do in fights, and most importantly:stop you from escaping with Fire Remnant. This is bad because you are squishy.
- Super Tanky Heroes That Ember can handle until he gets good items: Bristleback Huskar.. If you see them teamed up with allies who heal / buff / protect them like Dazzle, Omniknight, Winter Wyvern, Abaddon, then they can definitly rape you by 5 manning early game.. because Ember can't do much about a super tanky early game hero with tons of extra buffs, armor, and heals.. Ember can handle them no problem late game, but early game you may have to outplay your opponents heavily to avoid losing.
(only if they are good of course)
- Ember Spirit has low hp and low armor, burst physical damage can take him out fast
- Ember Spirit can be chain-stunned to death and bursted down before escaping.
- Although Ember Spirit gets "counter picked" by physical damage, he can also kite melee heroes using Sleight of Fist, and Searing Chains
Early Game / Mid-Game / Late Game
2 Things, Last hits and Kills.
[*] Ember Spiritis very reliant on having his fast Bottle, and a fast Battle Fury, but he can be very active on the map when it comes to early team fights / pushing creeps / taking towers / forcing fights; thanks to his skill-set.
[*] Ember Spirit has AMAZING kill potential in the early game with his E and his Q. USE IT.
[*] Ember Spirit desperately needs to avoid losing lane, he cannot jungle very well without Poor Man's shield and Perseverance, which are delayed when you lose lane.
(Keep in mind you are squishy, so play aggressively but safely.)
Ember Spirit's main strength in the Mid-Game are his skills because he doesn't yet have his Battle Fury + Daedelus + Minus Armor going on yet. He can make a lot of plays, but just hasn't reached his full potential. You can be actively split pushing and fighting even tho you are not a powerhouse yet.
[*] Use your Fire Remnant & Boots of Travel to switch from lane to lane, farming creeps and keeping the pressure on enemy towers constantly.
This way, they can't do what they want to do, they have to constantly defend towers.
[*] Remember, Activate Fire Remnant is global, so it's easy to switch from lane to lane and push.
[*] DO NOT STOP FARMING. If you need to gank, or fight, do it quickly.
[*] A few bad fights ****s up Ember's entire game.
[*] Yes, He can flash farm back but high skill enemies will take advantage of your deaths and push towers.
[*] ALWAYS HAVE Fire Remnant TO ESCAPE TO OR YOU CAN EASILY THROW LEAD OR GAME. AND I MEAN - ALWAYSSSSSSSSS, ALWAYS ALL GAME LONG. FROM LVL 6 TO END OF GAME HAVE ONE OUT FOR SAFETY =)
So you can use Activate Fire Remnant to escape to safety, and not die/feed.
Oh it's passed 40 minutes and you have a Battle Fury, 2 Daedeluses, Desolator, Eye of Skadi, and Boots of Travel?
Your enemy will now be ****ting their pants unless they have a super late game carry like Spectre / Faceless Void who is out farming you.
- With Sleight of Fist you deal TONS of damage every 5 seconds, to the ENTIRE TEAM.
- You deal TONS of damage, and if enemy chooses to focus you, you just escape. ROFL
- You can use Boots of Travel and Fire Remnants to keep lanes pushed and to keep farming.
- Divine Rapier is an option if match is getting too out of reach.
- Battle Fury + Daedelus + Desolator + Divine Rapier = Dead Enemy team in about real quick.. 100% to 0 REAL QUICK
- Ember Spirit is one of THE BEST heroes when it comes to defending high ground / pushing high ground because of his extremely high physical damage.
- DON'T FORGET to not be useless when Sleight Of Fist is on cooldown. Get attacks in, just don't die.
First off, it's important to understand what Ember lacks and what he likes in terms of items.
Ember Spirit enjoys..
[*]STACKING DIFFERENT ITEM EFFECTS. Cleave+Damage+Crit+Armor Reduction+Slow is MUCH better than just stacking damage, cleave, -armor,slows by themselves.
[*] Ember lacks stats(HP), and armor. Making him squishy, you might want to tank up along as you get your DPS items.
[*] Although, if you're not getting shut down, 2 Daedeluses before armor reduction can do HUGE amounts of damage.. This helps guarantee crits when using Sleight of Fist, it also helps you deal tons of damage. Just make sure to get the armor reduction afterwards to decrease enemy tankiness.
Important Note: Battle Fury is ideally your first item. But don't be afraid to rush other items first if the game HIGHLY DEMANDS that you get them.
- Enemy has silence? Manta Style can dispel silences.
- Enemy has single target lock down?(duel/doom) Linkens Sphere blocks single target spells every 16 seconds.
- Enemy has too many stuns/magic nukes? Black King Bar gives you spell immunity.
- Enemy has some scary nukes, like Zues, Lina, Lion? Maybe raw HP can help you.
Think Sange & Yasha, Manta Style, Eye of Skadi. These items can give you HP to tank up more of those nukes.
- Helps kill creep waves very fast with cleave + bonus creep damage.
- Much need Health + Mana Regeneration.
- Synergy with Sleight of Fist. (More AOE damage)
- Should NOT EVER be skipped unless you got destroyed early game and need team fight items. Crit/-Armor/Stats/Damage ETC. Ember needs the farming/regen/damage from item.
- The build up is nice, helps you scale well into the match as it progresses.
- When you get more damage, Battle Fury helps you do lots of AOE damage to creeps and heroes.
- Helps with split pushing.
[*] Makes Ember Spirit
a huge damage dealer with his right clicks & Sleight of Fist
[*] Helps clearing creep waves even easier. You can split-push more effectively and keep the pressure on enemy towers/lanes to force them to split-up.
[*] Battle Fury
and Daedelus are typically your first 2 ideal choices. After you get your Battle Fury
, it's important to know what to get next. Wrong itemization can cost you to die and just lose the game. (Welp)
[*] A lot of people get 2 Daedeluses
before getting their next core item. This increases your crit chances, your DPS, and makes you A LOT scarier once you get your hands on a Desolator
/ a Divine Rapier
. (Only do this if your farm is going well, which it should be if you use remnants / boots of travel to split push/farm)
- AMAZING ITEM on Ember Spirit.
- GREAT addition after Battle Fury and Daedelus.
- Cleave+Crit+Armor Reduction=Scary.
- Cheap to build compared to [[Assault Cuirass].
- Works with Sleight of Fist, so you can reduce armor of entire enemy team, which helps your team deal more physical damage. (Awesome)
- Clear creep waves even faster.
- Armor reduction on enemy tower makes it easier to take barracks/end the game.
- IF you are being shut down, deso can be bought with only crystalys, or before Daedelus just to help remove enemy armor and hopefully win a few team fights.
(try to avoid getting deso before daedelus)
Eye of Skadi
- Great item if enemy has a lot of Physical[/b] damage.
- If your team is ******ed and no body is getting AC, you might want to get it instead of desolator to help your team survive, reduce enemy tankiness, do more damage to towers, ETC.
- Remember, when you're playing solo-ranked; a lot of times your teammates may not be as skilled as you. They won't build armor. So it MIGHT JUST help your whole team survive fights vs heroes who are heavy on physical damage like Sven, Phantom Assassin ETC.
- Sometimes you need to get the item that is right for the game. Once in a while, it will be Assault Cuirass.
- Mainly a team-fight/tower pushing item. Less of a DPS item. Ember wants more DPS generally.
- Always better if someone else gets Assault Cuirass so you can stack the armor reduction with your Desolator.
- Assault Cuirass is not a bad alternative to Desolator, just costs a lot more and does not provide as much DPS.
- More of a situational item than Desolator, which is more CORE.
[*] You mainly buy this for the stats that Ember Spirit
[*] +25 to all stats, plus lots of health / mana .. = tanky ember spirit with lots of mana to cast his spells during fights.
[*] Works with Sleight Of Fist so you can slow the movement and attack speed of all enemies you hit with the AOE.
[*] Eye of Skadi can be difficult to build because of items it requires. Sometimes Sange & Yasha is better alternative if you need quick survivability/stats/slow
Sange & Yasha
[*] Cheaper alternative of Eye of Skadi
[*] Gives stats, attack speed, movement speed, and chance to slow movement and attack speed of enemies.
[*] Easy to build into compared to Eye of Skadi
- Mainly bought to dispel silences, dodge spells, remove debuffs.
- Can be alternative to Eye of Skadi / Sange & Yasha for stats/survivability.
- CRUCIAL item if you keep getting silenced or if you need to dodge spells/tank up.
- Attack speed and movement speed can help you as you weave in and out of fights to hit enemies with your right click.
Black King Bar
- Negates a single target spell from hitting you, has a 16 second cool down.
- Can be placed on teammates.
- You're mainly going to by this to avoid being targeted by spells like Fiends Grip, Doom, Duel, single target spells which can lock you down and make you easy to focus.
- Helps you do what Ember does best, stay alive, weave in and out of fights dealing damage.
- Only get this if it's necessary because Ember really likes DPS items.
- Provides some decent stats and regen.
Drums Of Endurance VS Ring of Aquila
- Grants Spell Immunity, and provides 100% magic resistance with it's active.
- Since you can absorb lots of magic damage with Flame Gaurd, you can sometimes get away with not getting this. Although, against good players with a lot of lock down, they will target you and you can easily die. Therefore, it's very situational.
- Linkens might be good alternative depending on enemy team's lock down.
- If enemy has 3+ disables, this is ESSENTIAL to staying alive.
- Only use active when completely necessary, using charges decreases time of active with each use.
TLDR: GET BKB IF THEY HAVE 3+ DISABLES
in the early game.
People can spend hours debating which one to get to help you in your early game, but the truth is:it all comes down to preference.
Drums Of Endurance
Ring Of Aquila
- +9 to all stats gives ember some much needed survivability and mana pool.
- That extra mana can give you enough mana to use Fire Remnant to save your life.
- Gives you and your team extra movement and attack speed.. can be HUGE depending on your line up.
- Active can be used situationally to escape/chase/fight/push.. Using this active to secure kills, or take towers, can be huge for you and your team.
- More expensive than Ring Of Aquila
- Since Ember Spirit likes to move in and out of fights, the extra movement speed can be HUGE and potentially game changing, especially because the speed stacks with Manta Style, Sange & Yasha, Phase Boots, Boots of Travel.
[*] Very cheap to build.
[*] Great helpful stats.
[*] Gives you some armor and mana regen.
In my opinion, Drums Of Endurance + Poor Man's Shield is better than Ring of Aquila. With Drums + PMS you can tank hits, move around faster, and do what you want to do a lot easier. Yeah, you get some cheap stats, a little armor, and mana regen from Ring of Aquila; but if you walk into a fight, you are more likely to die with the Ring of Aquila than you are with the Drums passive+active+poor man's shield.
THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION, AND I AM ENTITLED TO IT :) Try it for yourself.
I think either one is just fine. Build according to the match.
Poor Man's Shield
[*] Has a chance to block incoming damage from physical attacks.
[*] This has many uses vital to Ember Spirit's success in the game.
[*] Can tank creeps, enemy right click harassment, and creeps in jungle when farming.
[*] With Poor Man's Shield
and Perseverance, you can tank jungle creeps and regen fairly quickly, meaning you have to go to base less often and keep getting $$$$$$$$.
[*] Provides lots of evasion, so it forces your enemies to only hit you with spells, or buy Monkey King Bar
just to be able to hit you, which can delay their other core items.
[*] You generally get this if you feel like you can get it MUCH EARLIER Than you enemy carry who does physical damage can get a Monkey King Bar
, because he won't even be able to hit you in fights.
[*] Active gives movement speed and helps escape / chase.
Monkey King Bar
[*] You need this if enemies have evasion.
[*] Phantom Assassin
, Faceless Void
has back track
[*] Enemy heroes like Huskar
, Legion Commander
might buy a Heaven's Halberd
[*] Enemy supports may buy Solar Crest
[*] This also helps mini-stun people to stop them from casting spells, teleporting, or moving. AKA, extra lock down.
[*] Less DPS than you'd like, only get it if you need it.
Finally.. the DADDY of all items Ember Spirit can get.. the DIVINE RAPIER.
There is a reason [RAPE] is in RAPIER.. You can RAPE ENEMIES WITH IT. (Carefully)
[*] With Cleave+Crit+Armor Reduction+Rapier.. You can kill the entire enemy team with 2-3 Sleight of Fists.. You can sometimes 1-2 shot heroes. This is an amazing set up for your teammates to just clean up the enemy team and win you the game.
[*] AMAZINGGGG tower damage which helps secure you the victory. Especially with armor reduction.
[*] Enemies will be super scared to try to take your barracks when you can do 1k-2k damage to each of them with 1 Sleight of Fist.. which has a 5 second cool down.. Very scary.
[*] Amazing for trying to take enemy barracks, you can quickly kill enemy creep waves, do tons of hero damage in an AOE, and quickly take barracks.
[*] Ember Spirit CAN ACTUALLY STACK DIVINE RAPIERS.. **** YES.
[*] IT'S SUPER IMPORTANT THAT YOU ARE CERTAIN YOU WILL EITHER KILL ENEMY BEFORE THEY KILL YOU OR THAT YOU WON'T DIE WITH YOUR RAPIERS CAUSE YOU CAN EASILY THROW THE GAME BY GIVING THEM UP.
[*] IF YOU ARE IN RISKY SITUATION, MAKE SURE TEAMMATES CAN PICK UP YOUR RAPIER IF YOU DIE.
[*] DO NOT DIE.
[*] DO NOT DIE.
[*] When you have 1-2 rapiers, you can feel very safe using Sleight Of Fist every 5 seconds while you sit in the back. Your enemies cannot afford to just sit there and tank the damage. They will either run away, or die.
[*] Ember Spirit can make a game last for ever, by being so good at defending his base, and pushing creeps / towers. Eventually you can out carry the enemies with your items and they will realize.. "ok that Ember Spirit has 2 DIVINE RAPIERS,a Daedelus, armor reduction, cleave.. it's GG".. It can demotivate them.. make them play worse.
THANKS FOR READING MY GUIDE!
I ENJOYED MAKING IT.
I would appreciate some feed back as well as some tips on how to add pictures / videos.
This guide should make you a MUCH better Ember Spirit, if you actually read it. =)