Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Why is there so much [[Terrorblade]]?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Why is there so much [[Terrorblade]]? 19 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 22, 2014 7:04am | Report
It seems like almost every match I saw on twitch has Terrorblade in a pick/ban.

Why?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » October 22, 2014 7:10am | Report
Because he is the new lycan, he is not as good as an EARLY pusher but he is really good lategame and tears through the jungle really fast.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » October 22, 2014 7:24am | Report
He's the fastest farming hero in the game and can snowball off of any minor advantage. And is probably the fastest pusher as well.

Imagine him as being a Naga Siren who deals more damage, farms quicker, and is more relevent at every stage in he game.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » October 22, 2014 8:58am | Report
He has the highest single target DPS in the late game. He is also very good against towers, as you know, because little of his damage is meant exclusively for heroes as opposed to Spectre or Faceless Void.
I did a bunch of math and calculated his damage based on a fairly normal stacked build:

Terrorblade Damage
Spoiler: Click to view

Here are a few others for reference:

Sven (without MoM)

PA

Troll Warlord

Faceless Void (without MoM)

OD (It's a bit complicated here)

Wraith King

Meepo

Chaos Knight (with a build people don't use but is really effective)

I have more hero calculations, but you get the point. Terrorblade has Terror-fying damage potential as well as strong midgame push power, so he will see lots of play.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » October 22, 2014 9:11am | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

He's the fastest farming hero in the game and can snowball off of any minor advantage. And is probably the fastest pusher as well.

TB game from the other day.

I was out-damaged, and out-farmed by this Drow that our Invoker fed so it was difficult to take her on in the early game. But when our Io continuously relocated our Legion Commander to gank her and kill her, they didn't really have anything else to counter my pushes. Every time she died I just pushed a tower, tp'd, pushed another tower, and so on.

Point is that if you give TB any space to farm, he will destroy your towers before you can even reposition to defend. This is why TB is so popular in the current meta.

Another example, this game occured during Summit 2 EU quals (Alliance vs. C9). Proving yet again why you can offer no space for the opposing teams TB to farm.

-BK

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » October 27, 2014 2:28pm | Report
Tim beat me to it. He really is the new Lycan, except that he can't solo Roshan early. He pushes and has great kill potential, and he can do everything pretty fast. Players like Arteezy who are really good at farming are going to abuse the hell out of this hero for the next few months.

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » October 27, 2014 11:58pm | Report
What do you mean he can't do Roshan early?
He can do Roshan as soon as Troll Warlord can. He just needs Helm of the Dominator and Yasha and he can solo Rosh with his Metamorphosis.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » October 28, 2014 1:56am | Report
You should see Black^ on Terrorblade. This guy is just crazy.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » October 28, 2014 2:21am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

What do you mean he can't do Roshan early?
He can do Roshan as soon as Troll Warlord can. He just needs Helm of the Dominator and Yasha and he can solo Rosh with his Metamorphosis.

i dont like dominator on him, it doesnt really help him farm faster since he is illusion based.
IMO the best build is the build EE and black use. Manta, skadi into situational other lategame items like: butterfly, crit, bkb, satanic, mkb, heart exetera.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » October 28, 2014 5:30am | Report
Quoted:
exetera.

It's ETCETERA damn it !

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved