Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ursa Rant

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Ursa Rant 51 posts - page 3 of 6
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 13, 2016 8:48am | Report
Nobody gets Maelstrom? It's probably the best item on Ursa atm. Gives him farming capability, and immense damage with Overpower.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » January 13, 2016 8:58am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Nobody gets Maelstrom? It's probably the best item on Ursa atm. Gives him farming capability, and immense damage with Overpower.

When would you buy it though?

Like you have to get lifesteal first, so you cando Roshan to get an advantage.

Then you need Blink Dagger to gap close.

Then you probably need BKB so you can be sure to get kills in fights and be the strongest hero on the map at a time.

Here's the first interval for it. But by then it's what a 25 min+ Maelstrom? On a good day. Basher is better value there since it's lockdown. Or if you want Attack speed, go ***ualt Curaiss or Moon Shard instead, since they build into the slots better.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » January 13, 2016 10:42am | Report
I have the same problem, Ursa's build is somewhat carved in stone, I find really difficult to build anything different. It's just like with Phantom Assassin. But, in the case I wanted to use other items, is Battlefury a good thing in Ursa?? I saw that in some games, or a Black King Bar+Aghs build, I tried that yesterday and while you are extremely hard to kill you also lose a lot of your damage potential.

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » January 13, 2016 10:43am | Report
I have the same problem, Ursa's build is somewhat carved in stone, I find really difficult to build anything different. It's just like with Phantom Assassin. But, in the case I wanted to use other items, is Battlefury a good thing in Ursa?? I saw that in some games, or a Black King Bar+Aghs build, I tried that yesterday and while you are extremely hard to kill you also lose a lot of your damage potential.

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 13, 2016 3:37pm | Report
Battle Fury is not good on Ursa because of a couple of things:

It doesn't help him get people to stay close (so he can hit them)
It doesn't fit with his playstyle (fighting over farming)
It's too expensive and Ursa needs to get items/advantage early.

It's also the problem with Maelstrom... you need blink + BKB, and by that time maelstrom will be obsolete.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 13, 2016 3:51pm | Report
The big strength of Ursa right now is that he doesn't need items. He needs blink, that's it. So why discuss farming items like maelstrom or bfury on Ursa? Ursa doesn't need a farming item. Why not leave farming items to carries who actually need high amounts of farm to come online? Ursa is more of a nuker than anything else these days honestly. So it doesn't matter if your GPM sucks.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » January 13, 2016 5:29pm | Report
So, Ursa farm heroes instead of creeps, something like Slardar. I enjoy playing Ursa a lot, it's a shame that he has'nt seen a lot of action in the competitive scene.

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 14, 2016 1:52am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

The big strength of Ursa right now is that he doesn't need items. He needs blink, that's it. So why discuss farming items like maelstrom or bfury on Ursa? Ursa doesn't need a farming item. Why not leave farming items to carries who actually need high amounts of farm to come online? Ursa is more of a nuker than anything else these days honestly. So it doesn't matter if your GPM sucks.

The point is that Overpower has a very short cooldown, you can cast it twice in a succession if you wait out the cooldown of the first one, and the burst damage is unreal. You can argue that you need blink, but lifesteal is not necesarry. Ursa is still a Rosh machine, yes, but that doesn't mean he'll have to kill him that early. What is the point of having two lives if you are going to get kited in both?

Get 12 min Maelstrom, 17 min Blink Dagger.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 14, 2016 1:55am | Report
How is 10 min Blink Ursa kited when supports don't even have half of Glimmer/Ghost done? xD

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 14, 2016 2:03am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

How is 10 min Blink Ursa kited when supports don't even have half of Glimmer/Ghost done? xD

Hex, stun, slow, purge

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved