Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ursa Rant

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Ursa Rant 51 posts - page 2 of 6
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » January 11, 2016 7:49pm | Report
HI people, i'm back

Black King Bar is still a better item than Aghanim's Scepter on ursa as a defensive item, because of hex, which i believe the aghs effect does not go through, and that it only allows you to break one stun, people can still stun you after you activate the ulti.

Satanic is overkill on the lifesteal, but can be a situational lategame item.

I like to build vlads because it is a very effective item for early teamfights, which is what ursa likes to do. Also, you can stack vlads with Desolator to do insane amounts of daamage.

In some games i go for Shadow Blade over Blink Dagger, but as you guessed, it is only when there is a potent passive on the enemy team (spectre, pa))

My preferred build is to start with a Ring of Protection, 2 Iron Branch, Tango and a Circlet.

Build the branches and circlet into a Magic Wand, and the RoP into Ring of Basilius, get Morbid Mask and Boots of Speed

Then i get Blink Dagger, Vladmir's Offering and then the Desolator if i can.

edit: forgot to mention, i don't usually upgrade my boots until after vlads, but i either get straight BoTs, if i'm doing well, or Phase Boots if i am falling behind on farm.

Desolator on Ursa is a personal preference, it is up to you whether you want to build it. However, i would suggest that you try it if you have never built deso on ursa before, it is quite fun.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » January 11, 2016 8:29pm | Report
masaaki14 wrote:

HI people, i'm back

Black King Bar is still a better item than Aghanim's Scepter on ursa as a defensive item, because of hex, which i believe the aghs effect does not go through, and that it only allows you to break one stun, people can still stun you after you activate the ulti.

Little offtopic but have you ever played a game vs. Spirit Breaker SS Lion Trilane? It is living hell. Just went up against it and just.... it makes me shiver its so horrible.
Mood of the Day

-_-

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 11, 2016 8:33pm | Report
rotate/jungle

they not getting as much exp.

Ursa has some jungle capabilities, especially with Iron Talon.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Swag Knight » January 12, 2016 5:54am | Report
In both jungling and rotating there is the risk of being picked-off and ursa can't afford to be on a early disadvantage , even with the highly improved jungle speed with iron talon , even 1 death will more than just cripple your money , it will mean having to farm for next five minutes to make up for your disadvantage .

But of course it will be better than being against that trio and dying every minute.

As for Blink vs SB . I'd say against good players blink is a clear victor but in pubs sb is an equal and should be considered since enemies don't get detection there.

Swag Knight

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 12, 2016 7:30am | Report
the fact that there's a trilane greatly reduces the fact that you're going to be picked off...

After all, their safelane isn't going to rotate into your jungle to look for you :)

The only reason you should buy SB is for Silver Edge....

No other good reason.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » January 12, 2016 7:55am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

the fact that there's a trilane greatly reduces the fact that you're going to be picked off...

After all, their safelane isn't going to rotate into your jungle to look for you :)

I believe he meant he was against an AGGRO tri-lane, which significant;ly increases your chances of dying in the jungle.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » January 12, 2016 8:54am | Report
But can't the Aghanims's Scepter on Ursa be useful if you want to peel for your team/frontline for them and make the enemy focus you then pop ult and let your team kill them?

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » January 12, 2016 3:16pm | Report
I don't know, I'm going to stick to Black King Bar, since I can't see the point in remove one stun just to get another in your face, Ursa's Aghs is really powerful, I can't denied that, but Black King Bar is just essential in almost every game since a stuned Ursa is not doing any damage. I never build Mask of Madness, but I will give it a try, after all Ursa's ultimate makes you almost unkillable during the duration. I like Satanic for the tankiness, I guess that maybe an Eye of Skadi to replace it? Or a Heart of Tarrasque?

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » January 12, 2016 6:14pm | Report
skadi is better in most situations, in most cases heart only gives you extra hp in a fight, and its only useful when you don't want to go back to base, and you don't have lifesteal.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 12, 2016 7:24pm | Report
As I said, anything that makes people stay next to you so you can hit them is good.

Boots is necessity.
Blink Dagger to catch up to them
Black King Bar to not be stunned/slowed
Abyssal Blade to stun them, bashes works with AIS
Eye of Skadi to slow them even more

What's the last item? Lifesteal?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved