Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ursa Rant

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Ursa Rant 51 posts - page 5 of 6
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 14, 2016 8:28pm | Report
Wuffy Chan, I gotta say here that diffusal is better than maelstrom if you are thinking of buying anything other than basher, sheep, bkb, aghanims and blink.
Ursa already has earthshock that does 300 damage to a creep wave. And your right click without overpower is ****.

Spoiler: Click to view

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » January 14, 2016 11:35pm | Report
No one misses me T.T, i was off action for more than a month T.T I'm crying so much i need 3 of T.T to show T.T (4 now).

ok, WHY would you get maelstorm on Ursa?

To farm? Ursa farms heroes not creeps. Earthshock is all the farming tool he needs to farm within his time frame.

For extra damage? He doesn't need damage, he's Ursa

Problem now is, unless you are playing in sub 3k mmr(even in unranked, unranked has a rank) , Every team will have either a few stuns, disengages, or Dazzle. Slows are very common as well. All these are there to kite people, and if ursa is kited, he deals 0 damage, literally. Therefore, Blink Dagger is a must, to get right up the enemy's face. Getting maelstorm before blink dagger would only serve to slow down his strong point.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » January 15, 2016 12:37am | Report
We missed you masaaki!
Also, boots->morbid->blink is what i always build. Although haven't really played him much these past few days.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 15, 2016 12:59am | Report

We missed you masaaki!
Also, boots->morbid->blink is what i always build. Although haven't really played him much these past few days.

Yeah that's how ideally he is played. You can even rosh with just a bare morbid, he doesn't need a vlads anymore.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » January 15, 2016 1:43am | Report
Yeah, i generally rosh when i reach lvl 5 since his ult doesnt really help with rosh much.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 15, 2016 2:40am | Report

Yeah, i generally rosh when i reach lvl 5 since his ult doesnt really help with rosh much.

Actually it does.
Don't run inside with the ulti on, go stack some fury swipes on him, and as soon he bashes you activate your ulti and chop nearly 60 % of his HP. it is that easy.
Since his ulti gives increased furyswipe damage, whatever is stacked your base starts from there for doubling/1.5X the swipe.

Assume you're a ursa, with lvl 4 fury swipes and lvl 3 enrage.

after attacking a opponent 1 time, you apply one swipes stack. your next hit should deal +60 dmg.

after attacking a opponent 2 times, you apply two swipes stacks. your next hit should deal +90 dmg.

after attacking a opponent 3 times, you apply three swipes stacks. your next hit should deal +120 dmg.

ASSUME YOU NOW ACTIVATE ENRAGE. this doubles your fury swipes +dmg. because of this, your next hit, the fourth one, instead of dealing +120, will deal +240.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 15, 2016 3:22am | Report
Earthshock does 240 damage.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sinured » January 15, 2016 8:23am | Report
I'm wondering that nobody mentioned Scythe of Vyse.
My typical build is Boots of Speed -> Morbid Mask(if laning. otherwise MM, boots) -> Blink Dagger -> Scythe of Vyse
It offers much needed mana and disable. IMO he doesnt need extra damage as crit(never seen it before). He just depends on his spells so if game is going well I'd prefer Octarine Core as next item because he is much depended on his cd's before the compulsory Aghanim's Scepter or Black King Bar

Sinured

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » January 16, 2016 3:40am | Report

We missed you masaaki!

That's the all in build with no space for mistakes. Nothing wrong with that build, but I value early stats, especially against a hard lane. Some people like to build a poor man shield, when up against aggressive lanes. However, since I like building vlads on Ursa for Desolator, I build the Ring of Basilius instead, along with a Magic Wand.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by adityamakhi » March 15, 2016 8:22am | Report
Hey guys another ursa spammer
I guess almost every item is okay on ursa.
In 1 game i made a bfury on ursa cuz there was np on the other team with blink
Almost always get a BKB trust me it is never a bad choice.
SB with some mind play can create the fear in opp team that my carry can be behind you and you would now not even it.
Blink dagger is preffered as you can easily cross terrains dive as well as catch up with fleeing enemies.
Blink timing needs to be perfect though
I repeat do not get phase and vlads first.
Also going in late game i usually get BOTs blink satanic abysall BKB and one more item acc to situation
GG

adityamakhi

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved