Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ursa Rant

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Ursa Rant 51 posts - page 1 of 6
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » January 10, 2016 11:35pm | Report
Okay so recently I've just been playing Ursa for some easy MMR (yeah I know, sue me), and I've seen too many Ursas completely ignoring Blink Dagger, and trying to finish their lil "Phase Boots" and "Vlads" before getting BD, and even then too many get a Shadow Blade. Like literally it should be Brown Boots > Morbid Mask > Blink Dagger. There is nothing that will be more effective than a Blink Dagger. Any idiot can run away from a charging Ursa, but if you're up in their face with Earthshock slowing them then what do they do huh? And don't pretend like SB and BD are the same thing cuz they aren't. BD gets up in ur face, SB is for being a lil slippery eel that wants to cruise into and out of the fight. SB can't dive under towers. SB can't cross terrain. SB can't get you where you want to go as fast as possible. Only get SB if you're up against passives. Finish ur Vlads after Blink Dagger. Blink > Vlads > Travel Boots > Basher > whatever you want.

End rant.
Mood of the Day

-_-

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 11, 2016 3:08am | Report
Delaying Blink Dagger for Phase Boots and vladimirs offering is always one of the most cringeworthy things I've seen on Ursa players.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » January 11, 2016 6:56am | Report
I recently saw a Ursa player using Battle Fury, we lost the game in the end because he did'nt want to build Black King Bar and he got rekt by a Tinker with a Vyse. Is Black King Bar a core item for Ursa? His ultimate is really strong, but if you can't punch someone in the face U are pretty much fuc***. I have another question, isn't Satanic a good item for Ursa, his claws are no longer a UAM so a Satanic can be a good pick for him, just saying.

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 11, 2016 7:25am | Report
Mid ursa:

Boots > Bottle > Phase > Blink > BKB > Basher > Scythe > Abyssal > *insert UAM here*

It works wonders.

Phase boots is actually really good, the gap closing can give you those extra kills to get your blink.

Vlad's however...

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » January 11, 2016 8:15am | Report
Vlad's is still fine on Ursa; The hero wants to group as 5 early and get a lot of stuff done before Ghost Scepter's, Force Staff's and the like appear to make his job harder. And Vlad's is a better 5 man psuhing item than HotD is.

Also ag's is situationally better than BKB on Ursa, so you it's always worth considering somewhere.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » January 11, 2016 4:06pm | Report
Sp3ctr3 wrote:

I recently saw a Ursa player using Battle Fury, we lost the game in the end because he did'nt want to build Black King Bar and he got rekt by a Tinker with a Vyse. Is Black King Bar a core item for Ursa? His ultimate is really strong, but if you can't punch someone in the face U are pretty much fuc***. I have another question, isn't Satanic a good item for Ursa, his claws are no longer a UAM so a Satanic can be a good pick for him, just saying.

Black King Bar is great, but I think now the item to go instead is Aghanim's Scepter bc you can use Enrage through stuns and slows, which purges them. It also reduces cooldown. So its like a BKB roughly every 20 seconds.

Satanic is typically overkill because you are already healing so much from just a regular MM.

@Sofa you still need some form of lifesteal IMO because you can turn around at 50 HP and get back half you health from attacking a enemy coming for you, and even kill them. I was in this one game and Weaver kept going for me but I'd just turn around and take him down at full health.
Mood of the Day

-_-

Blubbles

Notable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » January 11, 2016 4:41pm | Report
Two questions:
- What does MM means??
- What does "gimmick" means?

Also, I have been seeing a lot of Ursa players going for Daedalus, is Daedalus a good item for Ursa?

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 11, 2016 5:06pm | Report
MM: Mask of Madness

gimmick: situational.

Daedalus is not really a good item on ursa, he has enough damage, he just needs to keep people standing still so he can hit them. :D

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » January 11, 2016 5:58pm | Report
I meant MM as in Morbid Mask altho I think MoM could be a very situational item seeing as Enrage blocks 80% of all damage.

Daedalus not great, like Sofas said he already has alot of damage, he just needs lockdown. Abyssal, Skadi, MKB, etc. is much much better.
Mood of the Day

-_-

Blubbles

Notable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 11, 2016 6:04pm | Report
Oh sorry, my typing mistake :D

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved