Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Unorthodox Items Picks for Heroes

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Unorthodox Items Picks for Heroes 51 posts - page 4 of 6
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » December 19, 2012 9:22am | Report
LiLPr0 wrote:

Since he didn't know how to play.

Lol, Rep'd.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » December 19, 2012 10:15am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Force Staff, AS and AD. WTF? Sange and Yasha offers that and also HP. And Force Staff is just garbage with a ****ty active...

skeleton king is someone who wants to be focused by stuns anyway. He is so tanky and has his ultimate that he can take some hits for his team. With more movement speed and damage he does that better than with a "blink". And post Heart of Tarrasque noone wants to focus you anyway.

You try to get Force Staff after an Armlet of Mordiggian or vice-versa because you will get kited hard. Skeleton King has the same problem with Naix, he will get kited so hard so strong mobility heroes that also have Force Staff will be a huge problem. Windrunner is a strong example of completely countering his damage with Windwalk and many build Force Staff on her.

It's just so easy to counter SK since all he has is a single-target stun and right-click damage. Why pick SK when you can pick Sven who offers a a bit more in teamfights and has a stun that you cannot dodge unless you have Eul's Scepter of Divinity

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Drink Impossibrew » December 20, 2012 7:15pm | Report
have you guys ever built a shivas or rod of atos on SK? They would both give some survivability, intelligence to keep casting spells, and a slow to combat kiting.

Drink Impossibrew

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp12 » December 20, 2012 7:50pm | Report
I build Atos on a a few melee carries that have issues with people running away. Obviously force staff and ghost scepter work regardless. Another good option is Skadi.
Feel free to check out my guides for Spectre, Dragon Knight, Siren, Medusa, Sniper, Disruptor, or Void. They're pretty cool.

Sp12

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by NicknameMy » December 22, 2012 5:32am | Report
Skull Basher is a nice alternative aswell. Especially if upgraded to Abyssal Blade. For a hero like Lifestealer, which has a build in Black King Bar, it works great to stay with running enemies.
The fast way to fast Skeleton King.

NicknameMy

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SaphironOfBlood » December 22, 2012 7:07am | Report
Tbh Force Staff is awsome item on skeleton king.And for those who says it sucks and gets you 1 item slot then you don't play dota xD.The new meta changed so much the games bearly last longer then min 30-40 thus resulting n fewer items.

Now about the sange & yasha its awsome on skeleton king aswell but it costs to much for the benefits it offers,i won't say s&y is a terrible item it's just underrated but with a reason.It offers both str and agi and it doesnt fit up the main category of heroes wich you buy only str if its a tank/str carry and agi otherwise that's why it's not being picked.But for heroes like rikimaru it's the bread and butter of his artillery since he needs str to fill up his hp pool,so it rather is an awsome item which can bearly work on few heroes.

Now to finish fast the big wall of text,somebody was looking for a treant carry build.
Hence altough it's very hard to farm ,you should go for Radiance directly,with youre starting items being either Stout Shield or Quelling Blade + some branches and some regen.
Then just go for travell boots and into a powerfull refresher orb + skadi.

All the items are very expensive but your high base atk damage really helps you farm in the early stage the radiance pretty fast.

SaphironOfBlood

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by yubiyoy » December 29, 2012 4:16pm | Report
Shoutout to neceolyte that can carry very good and survive teamfights with ease aslong as he kills one hero. Radiance works excellent on him.

yubiyoy

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Vash » January 17, 2013 11:32am | Report

Tbh Force Staff is awsome item on skeleton king.And for those who says it sucks and gets you 1 item slot then you don't play dota xD.The new meta changed so much the games bearly last longer then min 30-40 thus resulting n fewer items.

Now about the sange & yasha its awsome on skeleton king aswell but it costs to much for the benefits it offers,i won't say s&y is a terrible item it's just underrated but with a reason.It offers both str and agi and it doesnt fit up the main category of heroes wich you buy only str if its a tank/str carry and agi otherwise that's why it's not being picked.But for heroes like rikimaru it's the bread and butter of his artillery since he needs str to fill up his hp pool,so it rather is an awsome item which can bearly work on few heroes.

I can agree with the Force Staff if you played it correctly, even though normally SK's job is to soak up the damage done by the team and just plow through them with his Vamp Aura. That's why Phase Boots are the only thing really "needed" for initiation and escape. But there are situation where Force Staff can not only be played defensively but also aggressively, so it is a handy utility item.

SnY on the other hand, I don't agree with. SnY is made for heroes that need to chase down their opponents and don't have a stun ability. That's why you see it on Bloodseeker, Razor, and Juggernaut from time to time. Because SK has a stun ability, phase boots, and in this case also a force staff. He has way enough chasing power. The gold would be better spent making a Heaven's Halberd, which could enhance his team fight ability by disabling a hard carry.
"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that." - Vash the Stampede

Lest we forget...

Vash

Notable (10)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » January 18, 2013 9:18am | Report
I belive when it comes to uncommon hero builds I am King.

Deathprophet] [[shadow blade

Bloodseeker dagon forcestaff

Omniknight Shadow Blade

Night Stalker Shadow Blade

doombringer Shadow Blade

Bane Dagon

Silencer Shadow Blade

Dazzle dagon Shadow Blade

Lina shadowblade dagon

Weaver dagon Mask of Madness

zues Shadow Blade

Shadow Shaman Shadow Blade refresher ((backdoor king))

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Vash » January 18, 2013 9:34am | Report
Shadow Blades, Shadow Blades everywhere. :)
"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that." - Vash the Stampede

Lest we forget...

Vash

Notable (10)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved