Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

So...Oracle?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » So...Oracle? 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » December 22, 2014 2:22pm | Report
Finally got round to playing him...and he's great :). Really suits my playstyle - healing, debuffing, buffing, nice escape and can really control the flow of fights and ganks.

Not always the easiest to play - remembering when to cast what to get the right effect as your 3 main spells have a lot of different interactions depending on what you cast and when. Think I need to work on getting that damage buff from Fate's Edict, but the nuking/healing thing has generally been working pretty well.

And that ult...20 second CD is niiiice. Save myself, allies, nice combo with items like Mekansm and Urn of Shadows.

So far my builds have been pretty basic - Urn of Shadows and Arcane Boots into Mekansm, then maybe Eul's Scepter of Divinity if i can get the money together. Anyone have any other suggestions? Medallion of Courage maybe?

Also wondering about combos - Huskar seems an obvious one, who else does he work well with?
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » December 22, 2014 2:53pm | Report
Besdies Huskar he's best with: Phantom Assassin, Slark, Viper, Ursa if we're talking about using False Promise on them and let them solo kill. You can also help them to disable the enemy with Fortune's End. Ursa is the one who benefits the most fro this, because he doesn't have a stun lock.

Medallion of Courage can be good to buff your ally with armor, or decrease the enemies armor so that carry can kill him. Making mobile is also an important part. Getting Blink Dagger, Force Staff ( Eul's Scepter of Divinity) can be situational. Veil of Discord of you and your allies need more magic damage, this also is a benefit for Fortune's End and Purifying Flames. Rod of Atos to slow the enemy and let your carry kill him. Well you can slow him with Rod of Atos and disable him with Fortune's End. Remember to always cast Fortune's End after Purifying Flames so that the enemy can't heal.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » December 23, 2014 3:49am | Report
Oracle is extremely strong with Tide or Magnus. Invisible initiation prevents BKBs.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » January 4, 2015 7:19pm | Report
oracle stronk....

not so strong? ******ed teammates.

round 1.

ok huskar imma make you invun and invis then you just attack them ok ill keep you alive

result: runs away when i put ulti on him....i die

round 2.

ok huskar remember you can attack when you are under my ulti ok? just attack them ...ok? dont run...Attack!

result: stands there for 2 seconds ... then walks away .... i die

round 3.

huskar i will put the big Swirly lights and moons and fancy animations thingy on you ok? ok? and it makes you invis ... AND invunrable ....AND you can attack them? ok .... please attack them

result:

YOU ARE INVISIBLE INVULNERABLE AND YOU GET DOUBLE HEALING .....WHY ARE YOU NOT ATTACKING!!!!!! WHY ARE YOU RUNNING AWAY OMG IS THIS HUSKAR FOR ****ING REAL ARE U KIDDING ME???

ATTACK THEM YOU FOOL .....

FFS ....

40 mins in ....

8-12-20 oracle

12-18-9 huskar

huskar: gg we lose **** oracle
me: ...wot
huskar: feeder oracle
me: ... u wot mate
huskar: keeps putting ulti on me so i cant attack.
me: .............. i cant even.

it was at this moment the enemy team proceeds to tell him that u can IN FACT ATTACK under ulti...

his response: no u cant.
9 other peoples response: yes you can
his response: oracle still noob he died 12 times ...

this is why i dont play oracle any more until people know how to play with him.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 4, 2015 8:16pm | Report
Poor poor smugles.

I lol'd so hard.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 4, 2015 9:46pm | Report
Welcome to the club Smuggkrs. People will never learn to play with Oracle in their team. It is quite stupid, then again I am experiencing the same thing with Earth Spirit.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » January 4, 2015 11:14pm | Report
This Build.
People tend to discard his low BAT cause he is an int hero. Carry Oracle rocks.

Also oracle mid with dagon is nice as well.
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 4, 2015 11:24pm | Report
That's essentially the reason why I don't pick Oracle, even though he's a good hero : he requires to have at least 1 competent core in your team, and that's assuming a lot.

And Oracle mid with right-click items, well it's fun and all but there are enough almost-autowin mids right now to even consider it.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » January 5, 2015 3:45am | Report
unfortunately i havent played him yet, but what i can tell from what i saw in my games: he is extremely powerfull in the right hands ....and almost a lose-condition for his own team, if played wrongly.

The "solo mid" build seems a bit gimmicky to me. Oracle is not a carry peoplz! thats like saying VS is...sure she has some nice dmg amp and stuff; but all of her abilities can be utilized by actual carries as well....same with oracle.

Apart from the popluar PA + oracle i can see him with with a variety of "bursty" melee-heroes...most likely those, which lack a proper gapcloser. Sven, Wraith King, Alchemist, Slardar etc.etc. all seem like good partners.

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » January 5, 2015 3:50am | Report
I usually get the Oracles that go dagon and use their Ult on themselves instead of their two carries. Last it was me as Terrorblade and a PA.

Sad when people prefer to be greedy self serving supports.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved