Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Rubick: What am I missing here?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Rubick: What am I missing here? 16 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » February 4, 2014 9:20am | Report
Eheroduelist wrote:

I find it best to go Bracer->Mana Boots->Force Staff, as it gives him necessary stats, mana, and the utility he needs to survive, save, and function within the fights and game in general.

Generally late-game I like to go items like Euls or if I'm bossing around the game and evading deaths like crazy, (I find it acceptable) I like to go Bloodstone, however that is RARELY picked up as it requires veeery deep pockets- requiring a large pool of money on top of throwing money into wards/courier(/upgrade).

In most cases, however, you will be delegated to babysitter. I rarely pick up Blink just because it takes a lot of time to pool the money for it, but it is a great item and useful in a lot of circumstances.
I always personally vouch for the Force Staff over the Blink because the Force is usually an almost guaranteed escape if you're playing it correctly.

Oh, and you can use the spell you stole while stealing another one (Spellsteal's animation seems to be based on the distance, but there is still a small gap in time in which you can use the spell you previously stole)

Why would you go bloodstone? It is a massive mana overkill and it doesnt have a great active like Scythe of Vyse.

I would also like to mention blink dagger. It is great especially when your doing really well. And blink + force staff really allows you to make big plays.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » February 4, 2014 9:32am | Report
I usually go Arcane Boots, Magic Wand and straight Blink Dagger on him, but I'm thinking about dropping the Arcanes and getting Boots of Speed and Urn of Shadows instead because of the Blink buff. Still not sure about that since I haven't tried it that much.

As for your questions:

1. I think it's best used as an initiation spell if you have a Blink Dagger/ Force Staff, or you can wait for that Bane to Fiend's Grip your Lifestealer and stop his channeling either by targetting him or by stunning him with another enemy.

2. I usually get a good spell before entering a teamfight, may it be a utility spell like Shukuchi or a teamfight ultimate like Reverse Polarity: if I don't have one of those good ultimates I wait behind my teammates for the enemy initiation, then steal the ultimate and use it against them; if I already have one I focus on initiating and, then, steal a random spell that will help me out in that fight.

3. Just answered above. I usually prefer not to take both Arcanes and Urn because they delay your Dagger/Staff too much and a 20 minute Urn of Shadows isn't that useful either.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » February 15, 2014 1:27am | Report
I play a lot of Rubick, first off, put things like scythe of vysse Bloodstone out of your mind.
Obviously your main priorities are Arcane Boots Blink Dagger/ Force Staff Urn of Shadows can benefit you and your team immensely if you're roaming, get it early enough to stock up on charges, and use it where it's effective before heroes get too big.
Bracer typical for survivability, and a bit of a boost to your mana pool, build before boots, and consider drums after arcane boots depending on the situation and if your teammates are considering the item themselves.
Arcane Boots are a must, your team needs them, and so do you, stealing high cost spells, or any in general consumes more mana naturally, arcane a help alleviate that. Obvious must.
Drums of endurance dependent on teammates, someone else will probably build them
Force Staff key for positioning, saving allies, boning enemies, for improving positioning to steal spells, and an escape mechanism, solid Int increase, and health regen. Also easier to build than saving for blink in a pinch.
Blink Dagger amazing item on rubick, costs 0 mana these days, and provides the mobility for you to be a real nuisance, also consider the blinking providing more time to wait on a spell your like to steal, etc, key positioning item for a hero all about positioning.
Eul's Scepter of Divinity very good item, not necessary most of the time, still has it's uses, as does anything that buys rubick time.
Ghost Scepter immune to attacks, and spell shield passive on rubick mitigates the bonus magic damage a bit from those scepter, helps him survive from hard right clickers.
Aghinims Scepter is say this is the prime item for after you get blink or force staff (or both). It's the only luxury item you should consider unless you have the good to drop on a sheep stick.

Controversial: Hand of Midas I'm a proponent for this item on supports depending on the intent, and situation. A lot of people watch Cloud9 Gaming (speed gaming), and they built 3 hands of Midas vs dk in the MLG grand finals, executed brilliantly. Ok so now the downfall, the pro scene spillover to pubs. If you're doing well as a solo support or trilane support, why not? I'd say before 15min at the very most, but it helps keep the supports from under leveling, and provides the boon to get the key support items. Don't take away farm from your carry, and don't stop warding.
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » February 15, 2014 2:21am | Report
WIth Hand of Midas you get that on heros that arent in a big need of items like cm. Rubick on the other hand does really well with mobility items which would make him a larger factor in a teamfight. Plus his int gain isnt that good either.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » February 15, 2014 9:12am | Report
Ancient Hero wrote:

WIth Hand of Midas you get that on heros that arent in a big need of items like cm. Rubick on the other hand does really well with mobility items which would make him a larger factor in a teamfight. Plus his int gain isnt that good either.

Agreed, it's better on Supports that want Levels, but don't really need Items

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » February 15, 2014 11:40am | Report
The item still provides a long term gpm boost as well, now you have a rubick with blink and force with the option to get a timely aghs.
Also, regardless there are benefits to a rubick with an xp boost, now given the timing, say 12 min midas on support, means what lvl 15-16 at 30min, so he is guaranteed 15-20% magic resistance buff to a team in this mid game fights where nukes are still doing more than right clickers. Or even consider the deadly rubick with just force-euls-aghs, increased mana pool, +30int and 0 cd ult...the chances of having those items earlier work for me, Midas has done good things for me.
Also yes CM is far more level dependent but the good is nice on her, positioning items and a ghost scepter, and bkb mitigate her vulnerability while ulting, as well as mitigating her atrocious movement speed.
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved