Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Juggerswagger's Omnislash

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Juggerswagger's Omnislash 28 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » November 9, 2014 5:20pm | Report
Okay people I know that many of you don't know about how Omnislash works so I thought I would clear things up. I know many of you think that if you buy damage items Juggernaut will deal more damage with Omnislash and other sorts of questions.

So let's clear up things.

Omnishlash jumps happen in 0.4 second intervals, so the maximum duration is 0.8/2/3.2 (2/3.2/4.4*) seconds.

The damage from the jumps is in no way related to Juggernaut's attack damage. Means it can only be reduced by armor. It cannot be evaded by Evasion.

Juggernaut can perform attacks and cast spells and items during Omnislash, however Blade Fury is disabled for the duration. You can't TP away during Omnislash because it's a bug in Dota 2 http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=115502

Let's go a bit deeper:

The slashes are not real attacks in any sense. They do not depend on Juggernaut's damage, they cannot miss, they do not trigger on-attack events like Counter Helix, they don't take his frontswing, they work even if Juggernaut is disarmed, and so on. They are simply triggered physical damage, no different from Poison Touch. (However, they do play Juggernaut's attack animation and interrupt any current attack, making it appear that Juggernaut is attacking. This combined with the fact that he actually does often attack between slashes causes much confusion.)

The only way to increase the total damage Omnislash deals before reductions is to level it up, buy Aghanim's Scepter, get better luck on the damage (i.e. closer to the max 225 each time than the min 200), or simply ensure you don't run out of targets causing Omnislash to abort prematurely. Of course, you could also increase damage after reductions in any way physical damage is amplified, notably including armor reduction.

However, the most popular way to increase Juggernaut's total damage output during Omnislash is to buy attack speed to allow him to attack normally between slashes (or to buy damage to make these real attacks stronger). Juggernaut has a 1.4 sec BAT and a 0.33 sec frontswing, meaning to have a chance to attack at all during Omnislash (between two slashes, which occur every 0.4 seconds), you need at least 0.33/0.4 - 1 = -17.5% IAS. So even if you have 0 increased attack speed, there is still a chance of getting one attack. The probability of getting a given number of attacks is complicated and depends on both attack speed and luck, and has been presented here in different forms many times. It is even possible to attack twice between two slashes, which would require (1.4+0.33)/0.4 - 1 = 332.5% IAS. Even then, the probability of it actually happening is quite low, but increases with IAS.

Dr.Lee's(이선생) I'm the Juggernaut, *****! With 2-Divine Highlight

Try to noticing in the video how Juggernaut kills all 3 heroes with his normal attack during Omnislash.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » November 9, 2014 10:25pm | Report
F.E.A.R.0 wrote:

He's a hard carry.

Well, he isn't, because it deals piss-weak damage lategame, but I see your reasoning.

Giving a +rep for a well-formatted explanation of an often misunderstood ability.

Also it's 'Swaggernaut'.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 9, 2014 10:55pm | Report
F.E.A.R.0 wrote:

He's a hard carry.

He is, actually. Jugg is probably the most underrated hard carry in DotA, just in line with 6-slotted Meepo and 6-slotted Razor. Just because a hero is good at getting early kills and at pushing doesn't mean that he drops off late game. For me Jugg is up there with Chaos Knight, Clinkz, Phantom Assassin and friends : heroes who can snowball hard, have extremely good late game, but have some specific problems to deal with throughout the game.

Omnislash with Aghanim's Scepter is actually more damage than Faceless Void's Chronosphere, by far.

- Chronosphere : Void can freely right-click for 5 seconds and occasionally procs a small nuke with Time Lock (140 magic damage, 25% chance)

- Omnislash : Jugg can freely right-click for 4.4 seconds with 1.4 base attack time (free +21% to DPS), the crit from Blade Dance (free +35% to DPS), AND 12 times ~200 physical damage (2400 free damage!!) from the jumps themselves.

Sure, Jugg can have some issues with Blinks and ghost scepters but they can be dealt with (he can get orchid or diffusal). Besides Void has issues of his own by just getting disabled from outside chrono. Void absolutely needs BKB, Jugg doesn't (meaning one free slot for more DPS).

Also, Mask of Madness Jugg >>> mask of madness Void. Void with MoM is kind of food, just nuke him from outside chrono. Jugg with MoM is invulnerable during Omni.

Battle Fury -> Mask of Madness -> Aghanim's Scepter Jugg all the way.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » November 10, 2014 1:22am | Report
Hamstertamer, you said battlefury there.

I thought people said battlefury is terrible on him.

Is it a good item?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » November 10, 2014 1:38am | Report
Battlefury is terrible, if you want to farm faster get maelstrom into mjollnir PLZ. Look at what fear just said about attack speed. It also helps with pushing which is juggers best quality.

About him being a hard carry, i would disagree with that. He is a good lategame damagedealer though, but pure hard carry's have some sort of lategame utility.
Still he can completely chop people to bits with a good ommnislash.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » November 10, 2014 2:09am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Omnislash with Aghanim's Scepter is actually more damage than Faceless Void's Chronosphere, by far.

- Chronosphere : Void can freely right-click for 5 seconds and occasionally procs a small nuke with Time Lock (140 magic damage, 25% chance)

- Omnislash : Jugg can freely right-click for 4.4 seconds with 1.4 base attack time (free +21% to DPS), the crit from Blade Dance (free +35% to DPS), AND 12 times ~200 physical damage (2400 free damage!!) from the jumps themselves.

I cannot agree with that.

In Chronosphere you cannot use items and it reveals invisible targets (another issue that Juggernaut has). Lategame Faceless Void will do way more damage than 2400 in 5 seconds. That is just obvious to anyone who saw farmed Faceless Void past 45 minutes. Chronosphere is without a doubt in top 3 best ultimates in the game. Omnislash - not even close.

Omnislash is quite reliable early (to most heroes), but then you can basically waste your ult just like that.

Sure, Juggernaut has great BAT, but he isn't a true hard carry. His utility comes from Healing Ward, which is great for pushing. Blade Dance is not a powerful crit. Rage is a much more powerful ability than Blade Fury in late game. It even lasts longer.

I agree with Tim. I would get Maelstrom into Mjollnir over Battle Fury.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 10, 2014 3:20am | Report
Uhm...a few points because it seems that the mechanics are not clear.

How Omnislash works is that it deals 9 hits (12 with Aghs) that deal 200-225 physical damage each. ON TOP OF THOSE HITS, Juggernaut can attack freely with his regular right-click damage and his regular attack speed, using his crit, exactly like Faceless Void in Chronosphere.

- Omnislash scales only with attack speed : nope, that's not true. It scales with DPS, both damage and attack speed. More attack speed means you'll attack more but more damage means that you'll deal more damage on each hit. So Mjollnir is not better than Battle Fury. Both are good on the hero. The utility from Battle Fury is that it punishes enemy heroes from grouping up to spread the damage, which is an easy counter to his ult otherwise.

- Juggernaut doesn't deal 2400 damage in 5 seconds. He deals 2400 FREE damage PLUS 4.4 seconds of *freely* right-clicking between the regular slashes. Which is far more damage than Void and scales better because of his BAT and crit, chich means that Jugg right-clicking for 5 seconds deals way more damage than Void right-clicking for 5 seconds.

- You CAN use items in Omnislash. And it's not like invisibility has an easy counter Kappa.

So my point is that Omnislash is scaling damage and not fixed damage, it scales just as well into late game as Chronosphere and the damage is actually significantly higher.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » November 10, 2014 3:26am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Uhm...a few points because it seems that the mechanics are not clear.

How Omnislash wotks is that it deals 9 hits (12 with Aghs) that deal 200-225 physical damage each. DURING THOSE HITS, Juggernaut can attack freely with his regular right-click damage and his regular attack speed, using his crit, exactly like Faceless Void in Chronosphere.

- Omnislash scales only with attack speed : nope. It scales with DPS, both damage and attack speed. More attack speed means you'll attack more but more damage means that you'll deal more damage on each hit. So Mjollnir is not better than Battle Fury. Both are good on the hero.

- Juggernaut doesn't deal 2400 damage in 5 seconds. He deals 2400 FREE damage PLUS 4.4 seconds of *freely* right-clicking between the regular slashes. Which is far more damage than Void and scales better because of his BAT and crit, chich means that Jugg right-clicking for 5 seconds deals way more damage than Void right-clicking for 5 seconds.

its not just about ommnislash, jugger doesnt have the mobility of AM and even worse mobility then PA and void, so he cant flashfarm, and even they shouldnt build battlefury anyway.

you need to be able to fight early and have early stats.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 10, 2014 3:28am | Report
Stats? Why? Jugg doesn't need to be tanky because he's a walking ult and he's invulnerable during it. And bfury solves his mana issues completely.

Bfury isn't only a farming item. It's good in teamfights as well. You farm when Omni is down and fight when it's up.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » November 10, 2014 3:30am | Report
Don't argue about the "Hard Carry" I wrote. I just did that when I finishing posting this thread :D. Also Battle Fury terrible on him. It's only good for the Cleave and nothing more. Getting items like Desolator and Assault Cuirass that reduces enemy armor helps Juggernaut to kill faster with Omnislash not to mention if you have a Slardar on your team, reducing the enemies armor by -20 and Juggernaut uses Omnislash, you should say farewell cruel world then.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved