Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Eblade + Dagon Necrophos?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Eblade + Dagon Necrophos? 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » February 10, 2016 7:00am | Report
I was playing with some friends this weekend and I pick Necrophos in one of the games, I decided to build something different so I went for a Dagon build. I get Dagon lvl 1 around the 7 min. mark, and after that I started to just destroy people with Dagon+Ulti combo. I build Blink Dagger and Dagon lvl 3, and I said to myself "Buy Eblade" so I did it and I have to say Eblade+Dagon+ Reaper's Scythe in your face pretty much kills anyone.
I know this is not the usual way you build Necrophos, but I have to ask: Is it a good idea the Eblade+Dagon combo? At least in no ranked match

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » February 10, 2016 7:05am | Report
No. Glimmer Cape ruins your day.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » February 10, 2016 7:45am | Report
Pretty much that ^

It's really putting eggs into one basket. If enemies don't make any effect to counter-itemize, it'll probably work, and if you get a good Dagon timing, you can still make it work if you get enough kills before supports get glimmer and cores get bkb/pipe, especially if you throw a Euls in there, since it purges Glimmer.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » February 10, 2016 11:35am | Report
170 games of Necro here, pretty much my spam to go hero since 6.83 boom
When you are Necro, tankness >>> all, my build is aether lens blade mail athos boots of travel aghamihn octarine core and aghs, after that i sell aether lens for refersher or lotus orb
The boots are aguarble, but Travels are the most solid right now, they are pretty much the best money maker and it is easier to rush, also giving necro much needed MS and ability to farm as he can kill entire creeps waves very quickly, Treads sucks on pretty much everyone, phase is good if you are the main carry and wants some damage to last hit, it became pretty better with the buff also, tranquils became pretty meh as it is more support focused and it gives moar armor, arcane boots is not necessary or you can just broke it asap to Aether lens or octarine core
Aether lens used to be broken on necro, giving both sustain and damage, now you can replace the item if you want for something like blink
Blade mail is the best item on him, you can win pretty much everyone until 25 min in, you can play very agressive and even fight 1 v 4 not even kidding, to difficult to gank him early
Rod athos is becoming more and more agressive, you gain int and it is made from a vit booster which gives you hp for blade mail synergy, it gives a slow so you are almost impossible to kite, also brings utilty as you **** up enemies carry evasion
Aghs and Memecore pretty much self expanable, also combo with blade mail
Blink is the item you need 25 min forward, as you cant solo enemys anymore and it can give you solo pick offs to dumb enemy who keeps farming with low health
Lotus Orb is not the better item right now, but Synergy with him so much, armor, regen, dispel, counter magics, pretty much everthing he needs, and it heals from octarine i guess, it needs some buf though, late game can be a option for dispell
Refresher is the late game desire, **** ups 2 guys on the teamfight
Shivas and guinso are option too, but i do not like the itens right now, the itens i said before should do the job better than them (mystic staff component is most wasted and the actives are not that useful)
I play him offlane as he has the best lane control i ever see

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » February 10, 2016 2:32pm | Report
I think Glimmer Cape can really fu*k you since it gives a ton of magic resistance and is a cheap item. I think I have never build a Blade Mail in my Necro, I guess I can give a try, but I usually tend to play him with the same items in pretty much every game. My build looks like this (of course not in this order):
- Guardian Greaves I love the item in Necro, it has a lot of beneficial auras and the active purge silences which are your main threat
- Rod of Atos I agree, this item is really good in Necro
- Blink Dagger Mobility is everything in the Dotaverse doesn't matter what hero are you playing (I can switch it for a Force Staff sometimes)
- Aghs because yes
- Octarine Core because it gives you tankiness and the cooldown reduction.
- This is where it gets tricky, sometimes I go for a Refresher Orb or a Radiance or a Shiva's Guard. I don't like Bloodstone since Necro is not the kind of hero like Zeus or Storm Spirit.
Of course if your team needs a Pipe or something like that you can remove one of this and build it.

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » February 10, 2016 3:15pm | Report
Sp3ctr3 wrote:

I think Glimmer Cape can really fu*k you since it gives a ton of magic resistance and is a cheap item. I think I have never build a Blade Mail in my Necro, I guess I can give a try, but I usually tend to play him with the same items in pretty much every game. My build looks like this (of course not in this order):
- Guardian Greaves I love the item in Necro, it has a lot of beneficial auras and the active purge silences which are your main threat
- Rod of Atos I agree, this item is really good in Necro
- Blink Dagger Mobility is everything in the Dotaverse doesn't matter what hero are you playing (I can switch it for a Force Staff sometimes)
- Aghs because yes
- Octarine Core because it gives you tankiness and the cooldown reduction.
- This is where it gets tricky, sometimes I go for a Refresher Orb or a Radiance or a Shiva's Guard. I don't like Bloodstone since Necro is not the kind of hero like Zeus or Storm Spirit.
Of course if your team needs a Pipe or something like that you can remove one of this and build it.

You should try blade mail, it gives everything he needs, both nuking and survability, he can solo anyone until like 25 min, it is upgraded when you have Octarine so you lifesteal for it
I tend to not build GG boots him because Mekanism is not that of a good item anymore, blade mail is just better and then travelz is way more mobility

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » February 10, 2016 3:43pm | Report
I forgot my favorite item in Dota Eye of Skadi, I have build it sometimes and I have to say that it's a really good pick up. It gives everything you need, hp, armor, mana, AS and a powerful slow that goes trough BKB, it's just amazing.
Also, Heart of Tarrasque can be considered a good pick up, since the longer you stay in figth the better. Pretty much like Razor.

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » February 10, 2016 7:27pm | Report
No one get's Agh's on Necro anymore?

Isn't the no buyback important?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » February 10, 2016 9:13pm | Report
I used to do the dagon eblade build on him. I stopped after glimmer cape was introduced. Now I go mana boots - blademail - aghs - nectarine - situationals

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » February 11, 2016 3:00am | Report
Sp3ctr3 wrote:

I forgot my favorite item in Dota Eye of Skadi, I have build it sometimes and I have to say that it's a really good pick up. It gives everything you need, hp, armor, mana, AS and a powerful slow that goes trough BKB, it's just amazing.
Also, Heart of Tarrasque can be considered a good pick up, since the longer you stay in figth the better. Pretty much like Razor.

You should not build Heart of tarrasque, necro has no sustain problem late game and this will not help you win fight, most of the time a big kill can give you more regen than Heart, is a big misconception and a big no no, buy Octarine or Shivas with that money.
Never actually tested Skadi but if you just want the stats there are better itens like aghs, guinso, octarine, but is actually good against bkb, although i still prefer build a ghost scepter and **** you carry guy

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved