Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Buffing the most badass INT carry

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Buffing the most badass INT carry 24 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 20, 2015 7:25am | Report
outworld devourer. I love playing him. He's such a ****ing monster if he gets fat. However, theorblem is for him to get fat. Listen up guys, he's very snowball oriented, but he cant snowball well. His CC is a terrible setup, he has severe kiting issues, early game his ulti cant kill a hero by itself, and he has no farming mechanics whatsoever.

So guys, I have three suggestions here.

1. Enable Astral Imprisonment to end prematurely. This spell is too long for a save and too long for a setup. A decent enemy can rotate in with a Town Portal Scroll in the 4 seconds duration. Allowing it to end prematurely would be a decent buff. And yes, I've suggested it before.

2. Astral Imprisonment slows movement (Maybe attack too?) after the banish for as long as the enemy was banished. This way OD has more solo kill potential without Rod of Atos. The slow shouldnt be too powerful of course, else it will remove Rod of Atos completely from gameplay. Perhaps 30% slow? Or maybe a heavier slow with a fixed duration? I think the latter could be good.

3. Rescale Arcane Orb. Maybe this would be broken, but you need a lot of levels for this skill to deal a lot of damage. A feasible scaling change I think would be 7.5/8/8.5/9% of mana. Now this skill deals 25% more damage at level one. Another scaling change could be 7.5/8.5/9.5/10.5% mana or you can round it up to 7/9/10/11% of mana.

Another idea could be to increase attack range and base regen.

What do you guys think?

On a side note, yes, I enjoy stomping with Doom.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » October 20, 2015 7:37am | Report
One thing that could happen is that Sanity's Eclipse could be given a fixed based damage component, with an lowered INT scaling component added on top.

So like; 350/450/550 + 6/7/8 time the intellegance difference.

It means that he's not as bad in team-fights if he's behind because he still brings a decent chunk of base damage to the nuke.

It doesn't solve the heroes issues, but it just makes him a little better with-out the farm he struggles to get.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » October 20, 2015 9:24am | Report
Ah OD. I love this hero as well, despite how underpowered he is. Scales massively with farm, but farms slowly and can't gank. The living paradox of a hero.

If I was to buff OD I would probably put the cancel Astral option like you suggested, since if you cast it on someone with blink Dagger you just save them.

My buff would be that the bonus illusion and summoned unit damage is now added to arcane orbs damage against creeps. With that he can farm without getting a splashing orb by 1 to 2 shotting creeps when orb deals like 600 damage to them.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » October 20, 2015 10:29am | Report
- Make Astral Imprisonment disable Blink Dagger on enemies. Make Rod of Atos disable blinks as well. Nerf blink.

- Make Astral Imprisonment cancellable by pressing W again

- And for god's sake give him a way to deal with evasion without buying a Monkey King Bar. That's the one reason why I never pick the hero. These days there's evasion in every freaking game and the worth of a carry is mainly determined by how fast he can rush a MKB, since solar crests and radiances come online at the 20 minute mark. Like give an additional ability to Octarine Core : orb effects can no longer miss even if the attack misses.
(seriously for me the Scythe of Vyse nerf that makes it no longer disable evasion killed the hero)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » October 20, 2015 10:33am | Report
My buff? Arcane Orb pierces Black King Bar. End of story. Easiest buff of my life.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » October 20, 2015 11:12am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

My buff? Arcane Orb pierces Black King Bar. End of story. Easiest buff of my life.

No ty I had my share of BKB-piercing pure damage orbs already, it was enough ********.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » October 20, 2015 4:04pm | Report
Something I'd suggested to make him better in the 6.85 notes I'd written:

-Agility gain increased to 2.45.
-Astral Imprisonment now deals 50 damage at the end of its duration.
-Astral Imprisonment can now be cancelled prematurely by tapping the W button again.

Which is a huge buff to his carry and kiting issues.

However, I also suggested an item which was designed with both him and Silencer in mind:

Royal Scepter of Hells (4100)
Ingredients: Staff of Wizardry, Gloves of Haste, Perseverance, Recipe (850)
+15 Intelligence
+35 Attack Speed
+10 Damage
+5 Health regeneration
+150% Mana regeneration
Passive: Affinity. Grants a 25% chance upon casting a single-target spell on an enemy for the spell to jump to another enemy within 300 units. Has a 10% chance to jump a second time. Functions with autocast effects.
Active: Toggle. Toggles Affinity on or off.

Excuse the lack of formatting. This item grants him flashfarming capabilities, allowing him to keep pace with his rival in the midlane, since normally they just outfarm him by eating the jungle whereas OD cannot. It's a dedicated INT Battle Fury with decent offensive characteristics.

And I agree, something needs to be done with his evasion issues.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » October 20, 2015 4:26pm | Report
My playstyle never really aligned with how you have to play him but I remember my last game being suprisingly okay.
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by apaz » October 20, 2015 5:19pm | Report
The thing that I find hilarious is that Aghanim's Scepter now acts like a really big INT item because the AOE Astral Imprisonment doesn't just affect your Sanity's Eclipse, you get to keep the INT for the rest of the fight. AND for your Refresher Orb Sanity's Eclipse to follow. If you hit all 5 heroes, you've just straight up won the teamfight.

Agh's also gives a whole lot of HP and Mana pool, which is actually exactly what you need. There are also ****tons of Items that synergise too.

I say that Hand of Midas and/or Rod of Atos into Aghanim's Scepter into Assault Cuirass into Refresher Orb into Moon Shard is the best build. It gives, I think, the best balance of tankiness, damage, and that fight winning double Sanity's Eclipse.

My newest guide:

Picking up Skywrath

apaz

Notable (17)
Steam: apaz
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThePipersSon » October 20, 2015 10:01pm | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

I have often suggested that your Astral Imprisonment purges the Black King Bar instead (but agree that BKB is a major problem of OD's)
Other wise I agree with the idea of ending Astral Imprisonment early/cancelling it
Evasion is as stated a major problem for the hero and quite simplify their needs to be a Intel anti evasion item in the game for the few Intel carries
And finally to be picky with apaz's item build suggestion you need a Force Staff in there (personally I build more itel but that's just me)

ThePipersSon

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved