Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Forge of Creation #4 Voting !

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Forge of Creation #4 Voting ! 31 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » November 12, 2014 8:55am | Report
I would like to clarify something... Tiny's mana pool is actually less than Lycan's....

ThreadOfFate: Clinkz
B: 4
O: 8
IGU: 7
I feel that the hero's damage output is through the roof, and the slows make Warlock think about the decisions he made in life.

Eightfold: Medusa
B: 5
The concept is good,but somewhat unbalanced due to the fact that she cant deal any damage!Centaur warruner is focused only because of his insane multi stun and damage potential.

Terathiel: Legion Commander
O: 10
Mana costs are prohibitive,but the concept is amazing!

Yzreel: Lina
B: 6
A little too powerful in my opinion.Something like a Huskar that just won't die.

Safecyn: Bounty Hunter
oh wait wait wait.Amazing concept let me say this.
But,Its bloody overpowered.All you have to do is smoke-step into creeps or heroes,use kunai rain followed by shuriken toss to instantly remove that creep wave or heavily damage the enemy team,all on a cooldown of 21 seconds.Just think about it, every 21 seconds with an aghanims sceptre,you are completely removing a creep wave or dealing 325*5=1625 pure damage *_*.You are also dealing 325 pure damage on a 10 second cooldown.The only nuke coming close to that is laser which has a 12 second cooldown and 170 mana cost,that too at a pathetic range.

Cuttleboss: Templar Assassin
B: 7
IGU: 8
Nice concept though it would have been better if you removed mind cutters damage altogether,while making the mana burn like anti mage's Mana Break.Also,the ultimate is a bit too situational,making it utterly over powered when combined with Magnus or Dark Seer and a bit underwhelming otherwise because of its high cooldown.

Unscathed: Visage
B: 8
good idea.More micro-intensive.But now he cannot butt-ravage people in the early game :c

oldKainen: Alchemist
Good hero concept,well done with the herbs but otherwise, he is the same as before.

ElDiablo: Spectre
IGU: 9
Spectral strike seems a bit too powerful when coupled with a Manta Style (boom 750 magic damage!)Also her effectivity in the late game is next to 0,having only a blind which can easily be dispelled with a Black King Bar or a Diffusal Blade.

kkoopman3: Morphling
O: 9
IGU: 6
I dont know, this idea kind of took killed the hero as his signature skill is not one,but 2 skills, adaptive strike and morph strength/morph agility.It was a really difficult one for you though so extra points in the "B" section.

BKvoiceover: Death Prophet
In my opinion, the build for this hero is a little too complicated since you can either go int items and dominate early game, or you can go carry items and solidify her late game.Also, a 3.5 second stun through Black King Bar that you can use twice in a teamfight late-game is ****ing over powered.That is like 7 seconds of free hitting time.14 seconds if you make a Refresher Orb.
porygon: Luna
B:7
O:9
IGU:8
Crecent glaive is a bit underwhelming,since without Lunar Blessing,she doesn't do much damage,implying that this skill does not do much damage early game.This means that early game, you will be maxing your first and second skill.Also, the ultimate is feels a lot like Ravage or Dream Coil,only that Ravage is a better stun for a lesser mana cost, and Dream Coil is pretty spammable.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » November 13, 2014 1:57am | Report
ThreadOfFate (lol/doto player)

Pretty cool concept affeting oils and such. However the numbers are rather high. Personally, I dont like turning searing arrow from a synergistic glass cannon ability into that "1 hit but loads damage" hero. If ulti is nerfed it's better.

Eightfold (mmmmm chicken)
IGU: 6

Nice tanking abilities (im gunna assume chance is 20%). However, she doesnt deals much damage and I cannot possibly think that Mystic Snake is a ganking nuke. If 1-2 abilities are changed to a utility then i can see this hero played as a utility hero.

KoDyAbAbA (not much to say here. i can only say you are Indian)
B: 8
O: 9.5
IGU: 8.5

As much as I hate to say, Thirst For Justice is... rather weak. Achieving that 45 stack would need like 50+ mins game. Im disappointed with this, as I loved this hero very much. Aghs is pretty strong with basically only a 5 seconds cooldown, but i guess thats fine. He is pretty capable though, though im not sure where he would lane. (you also seemed trying to persuade about the mana probs.)
#LoveThisHero

Terathiel (Brick Of Uzbekhistan)
B: 8.5
O: 9.5

Mana problems doe. Also Rapid Strike would be better if she has an ability that deals constant damage. However, very good concept and you designed the ulti pretty balanced (assuming global).
#LoveThisHero

Yzreel (FoC Champion)
B: 7.5
O: 8.5

Proud Soul is strong with the splash. You did a pretty good job here but this hero is quite strong. The splash and Fiery Soul is very strong basically. The Q synergises quite well if ulti is active. A pretty decent hero but the steroids are a little bit too strong IMO. Also the aghs ulti is plain OP.

Safecyn (Cyndaquil)
B: 9

Very good concept here. Although I dont like how the smoke disappear thingy has very low cooldowns, but I guess its ok considering it doesnt buff other than evasion. Also very synergises to position near the enemies to make kunai rain effective. Not a hard carry IMO, but more of a utility/teamfighter. Though you wont get my #

Cuttleboss (Cool pictures on his guide)
B: 9
IGU: 9.5

Simply amazing concept here. She is a very strong midlaner here, with the eyes too. However one weakness is on the ulti where at tournaments like the TI teams can just communicate directly. Also the global ulti is pretty strong but she can either make that or the traditional damage items.
#LoveThisHero

OldKainen (Dont know what to say)
B: 8.5
O: 7

Collector isnt random is good for the hero but I personally lvoed varied and uncommon effects. But I wont let that ruin the balance. You are spared from the 6 "O" scores because of the ingredients. Pretty OK hero but is not much different than the original.

ElDiablo (Facepalm Anti-Mage???)
O: 8.5

Pretty simple idea that turns out to be decent. She is now a strong ganker/teamfighter rather a hard carry, though she can still teamfight with her illusions provided she has enough damage. Also like a Naga Siren. I love the blind personally. And due to the lack of description or intended anyways, spectral light and Haunt in teamfights are completely OP. Big balance break.

kkoopman (....Rubick???)

Drown is a nice, but very strong in ganks. Liquify is VERY ORGINAL AND AWESOME. The ulti is just that. OP as hell. If i were you I would replace the staying skill with morph and replace the morph stats with something else, also increasing move speed, mana, etc. His roles are quite odd because he can be a ganker or a carry. Personally i would build a ganker.

Will post the rest later today. Just wait.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » November 13, 2014 7:10am | Report
So here is the rest!!!

p.s I updated my previous markings, changed some things.

BKVoiceover(singer... right?)
B: 7.5
O: 7.5

Pretty ok hero. Nothing that much of an interest im afraid. Mortal string is ok, but the stun duration is quite long and the cooldown doe. However, crypt swarm cooldown is 8 seconds without witchcraft. She could be a rapid damage dealer, yes, but some of her abilities are quite strong. Also not sure about the attack speed bonus....?

porygon361 (porygon in doto?)
B: 9.5
IGU: 9.5

Cool concept you've done here. I love how you make the ulti radius small, or it would be a buffed Ravage. However, since she is an INT hero the damage based on attack doesn really make sense. Sorry, but you just missed a perfect score.
#LoveThisHero
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » November 13, 2014 12:49pm | Report
You can just edit your previous post. Now it gets even harder for me to add them up if people get to actually vote.

Edit : 6 out of 16. More than one week passed. Decided to officially shut down the contest, so this is the last one (at least the last I am willing to host). If you still want me to finish this one, go ahead, submit your votes. If not... well just post here.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » November 13, 2014 1:59pm | Report
Unscathed, your grading of my idea is fine, but why do u think the ulti is OP? It can only be used effectively on agi and str heroes 1st of all because morph doesn't do int, but I still think it's just fine. Please explain.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » November 13, 2014 4:45pm | Report
Alright, long week is over. Let’s get to these heroes!

ThreadOfFate
Clinkz
Balance - 7
Originality - 9
In - Game usability – 7
Notes: Besides the name of Ignite, we have a cool mostly original concept here; I like the idea of Clinkz as a pyromaniac ala Montag from Fahrenheit 451. However, in game, he seems to have a function like a Viper, with a heavy emphasis on slowing and single target DPS, and just like in writing the greatest sin is creating 2 characters exactly the same, you want to avoid having too much function resemblance to another hero. Additionally his abilities are mostly balanced until you reach his ultimate… it has an insane number of effects (Oh jesus, it’s like a winning the ability lottery).

Eightfold
Medusa
Balance - 7
Originality - 8
In - Game usability – 9
Notes: Stony armor has no passive chance shown. That’s a major issue that hurts the balance. She does have a clear function to absorb damage and gank though with very high sustain. Oddly, she seems a bit underpowered with her skillset since it’s very defensive without anything that can really make her a threat. Very nice taking her back towards more “Medusa-like” powers.

KoDyAbAbA
Lycan
Balance - 3
Originality - 4
In - Game usability - 5
Notes: Bro, you need some proper capitalization, it kind of hurts your presentation. Alright man, your hero idea is really out there. Not only does this lycan have a better Flesh Heap in thirst for justice, but he also has Dismember in the form of constrict, so I have to dock you for originality. I’m confused to his synergy since constrict stops him from attacking but he still has Feral impulse to boost his damage. I can see you wanted to remake Lycan into a dangerous ganker, but I feel as if this idea needed a rework. Sorry man.

Terathiel
Legion Commander
Balance - 7
Originality – 10
In - Game usability - 8
Notes: Man Terathiel, this idea is really complex and abstract and very out there, being extremely strategic, fitting the theme of a commander. I’ll give you originality for that. Also it seems pretty cool that you can use repositioning to draw on the map Okami style. However, reposition strikes me as a bit too powerful, since it kind of functions as a small scale Stampede for a gank. Grand Strategy is a cool idea. Seems usable enough, if extremely complicated, so it might shake up the very nature of the game.

Yzreel
Lina
Balance - 4
Originality - 8
In - Game usability – 7 (0 if you include the Universal damage thing, but let’s not)
Notes: I have a problem when two abilities have similar name (Proud Soul and Fiery Soul), so that slightly hurts originality, but otherwise you got a nice idea here with scaling intel carries that this game lacks. But… this hero is shockingly overpowered. A self Shallow Grave, really high scaling attacking speed and nukes? Splash damage thrown in there while still having this really powerful early game presence? If the numbers were changed and a few ideas were reworked, you have a pretty good hero.

Safecyn
Bounty Hunter
Balance - 8
Originality - 8
In - Game usability - 10
Notes: Gondar is now truly a ninja, more an assassin than any of the other assassin heroes now, except maybe Nyx. Nothing was fantastically original about this rework, but I am fond of the Kunai Rain and the Star Toss’s interaction with Hunter’s Mark. That’s pretty cool. Overall, hero seems extremely fun to play. Not sure about his blink though, it seems a little bit abnormally strong with that cooldown.

Unscathed
Visage
Balance - 8
Originality - 9
In - Game usability - 8
Notes: Ahh, Dota 1’s Conjuror returns, no wait, these aren’t pusher summons these are GANKING SUMMONS. I’m sorry man, but I can’t stop giggling at "Visage grants his adversaries the feeling of being a ghost", I’m imagining a response like “I think I’m a ghost, but I’m not sure, I’m running really fast though”. All of this seems really good, with lots of potential versatile uses that aren’t dependent on luck like Chen. Unfortuantely, his first and third abilities resemble Chen’s a lot, so a slight doc on originality. I like the hero overall. Well done.

OldKainen
Alchemist
Balance - 9
Originality - 7
In - Game usability - 10
Notes: These changes a quite small, but make Alchemist much more interesting to play. There aren’t overhauls, but I can say that if Alchemist gets reworked, this is the closest to an actual rework Icefrog would give (many of our ideas are good, but so out there, yours is much more reasonable). Overall, nice job Kainen.

ElDiablo
Spectre
Balance - 8
Originality - 7
In - Game usability - 8
Notes: First comment… ummm.. ability names. Yzreel’s two abilities with the word “soul” bugged me, but this titling just feels lazy, so I gotta doc you on originality there. Seems perfectly usable in the game as a ganker hero and numbers seem balanced enough, but I guess this one just feels a little dry.

kkoopman
Morphling
Balance - 7
Originality - 10
In - Game usability - 8
Notes: Oh man, Morph is now Rubick 2.0, high utility counterpick. I like the idea, it fits the theme of Morph a lot. This design is freaky but it works out. Drown Duration is a little long, and I’m really not sure about the potential of transmorph, but the thought of seeing a Zeus with 100 strength in midgame terrifies me. Good ideas here.

BKVoiceover
Death Prophet
Balance - 6
Originality - 8
In - Game usability - 9
Notes: Interesting redesign, turning Krob into a right clicker intel, a bit like pre-rework Storm Spirit, but Mortal String’s stun duration is freakishly long for its effects, and its cooldown goes down immensely to the point you can keep someone stunned half the time with the simple act of leveling up. Oh myyy…. Everything else seems fine and can incorporate decently into the game, but Mortal String needs a severe rebalancing.

porygon361
Luna
Balance - 8
Originality - 9
In - Game usability - 9
Notes: Luna is now an intelligence burst damage hero. Radical. I can see this hero being used, and I really dig the crescent shaped wild axe for the glaive. Waning blast seems a bit powerful with that cast range, feels like Skywrath’s concussive shot, but she’s not nearly as squishy as that guy. No other complaints really. Well done.

Oh my god, that was so tiring. You damn creative people! I can see why a lot of people are daunted by the challenge of judging this Forge of Creation.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » November 14, 2014 12:55am | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

Unscathed, your grading of my idea is fine, but why do u think the ulti is OP? It can only be used effectively on agi and str heroes 1st of all because morph doesn't do int, but I still think it's just fine. Please explain.

You said that ults can be used. That's prett much it.

Wulfstan wrote:

Decided to officially shut down the contest

Byebye Hero and Item Ideas you are now officially out of the map
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » November 14, 2014 1:54am | Report
i know this is going to sound ... ****"ish" but the reason the FoC is getting shut down is pretty simple.

too many people.

i dont have, nor want to give up, the 2-3 hours to really sit down and look at each and every one and grade them.

i want the competition i really do but when i saw 20 something people had entered i honestly went ..... ahhhhh cant be ***ed

not because i didnt have ideas ... i did... but because i felt that to give you all the respect you deserve and your idea's the respect they deserve would require too much time.

and honestly it takes up too much of the moderators and editors time as well.

if it was more a user run competition with groups. kinda like the world cup

that way you could have as many people as you want but with only 5 to a group and it is group run the admins wouldnt be burdened and people would have to do massive voting thingys.

5 guys 5 ideas 5 votes and then the winner of each group moves on
that way things would run quicker and smoother.

make a deadline on 5 days and if anyone hasnt submitted their idea by then then they are cut from the group and cant vote then you have 3 days to vote and the winner fo each group is revealed on the monday or what ever then the new group is made and so forth.

meh but thats just an idea

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » November 14, 2014 2:53am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

i know this is going to sound ... ****"ish" but the reason the FoC is getting shut down is pretty simple.

Oh?

Smuggels wrote:

too many people.

Explain

Smuggels wrote:

i dont have, nor want to give up, the 2-3 hours to really sit down and look at each and every one and grade them.

i want the competition i really do but when i saw 20 something people had entered i honestly went ..... ahhhhh cant be ***ed

not because i didnt have ideas ... i did... but because i felt that to give you all the respect you deserve and your idea's the respect they deserve would require too much time.

and honestly it takes up too much of the moderators and editors time as well.

You take 3 hours to grade all these?

And true, moderators are overwhelmed.

Smuggels wrote:

if it was more a user run competition with groups. kinda like the world cup

that way you could have as many people as you want but with only 5 to a group and it is group run the admins wouldnt be burdened and people would have to do massive voting thingys.

Pretty cool idea. Though humans are biased.

Sometimes you want to go to a place more if someone who asks is someone of great respect or authority.

Smuggels wrote:

meh but thats just an idea

Obviously.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » November 14, 2014 4:36am | Report
Well the truth is that in the first FoC, I took 2 hours to just add up all the votes. (with going over them again - so I don't make mistakes), obviously it just got longer with each FoC, since more people started signing up. I didn't mind it at all, even if it was tiresome.

I do not mind doing it all, since it kinda falls down to me as I "selfsuggested" myself to do it, but seing that you people don't do your small part of it, just saddens me.

As I said, someone else can host the contest as well, it doesn't have to be me. But how many of you would sit down to add up the votes? I'm pretty sure people believe I am doing the easy part("Oh this guy just makes this thread in 10 minutes, adds up the numbers in about 30, and voila, his job is done), but that's not actually true. Coming up with everything is not easy(especially the variations), and adding up the votes is really time consuming.

But I've never complained, and never will. It's all up to you. I'll keep doing my part as long as you keep doing yours.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved