Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Forge of Creation #4 Voting !

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Forge of Creation #4 Voting ! 31 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » November 7, 2014 4:44pm | Report
If they had more than a 60 second cooldown, I'd be inclined to agree with you, but... well, you have a hero with 4/5 additional units that are all ranged: four units that can all benefit from Howl or Precision Aura. Even if it wasn't your original design choice, this is going to be used in a push strat at some point. Jus' sayin'.

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by oldKainen » November 7, 2014 7:51pm | Report
I'm gonna use the voting format too, liked it. =D

ThreadOfFate: Clinkz
B: 6
O: 8.5
IGU: 7.5
Concept is very original, yes, but the numbers make the abilities quite unbalanced. 85% slow is too high, especially when you can easily reach 100% with Ignite.

Eightfold: Medusa
B: 7
IGU: 7
The skills match really well Medusa's story. The balance seems good, but as Safecyn pointed, Stony Armor is lacking the % chance (so you could get higher points in that category). I don't have much more to say than this.

KoDyAbAbA: Lycan
B: 6.5
O: 7.5
IGU: 6.5
Thirst for Justice is a little imba (it scales really fast), his disable skills offer a lot of locking enemies. The 'INT item way' he has to go leaves him a little behind, and that don't fit really well the idea you wanted to give him, I think.

Terathiel: Legion Commander
B: 6.5
O: 10
IGU: 8
So far, the most original concept over here. There's mistake in Reposition, I believe: it is marked as Target Unit. Well, if not, them, it needs some tweakings, as the range isn't really especified. The other skills are pretty fine, the ultimate damage scaling is maybe a little high, but I can be wrong, as we can really test in-game. Really fits the Commander idea =P

Yzreel: Lina
B: 5.5
O: 8
As pointed by Safecyn, universal damage doesn't exist anymore on doto. Oh, well, let's see: Flare Charge rang is really high. Look at Pudge's Flesh Heap: is half of it and it's still very easy to get charges. Proud Soul really helps her low survivability, but the splash radius is a quite high. Her ult is ok, but Scepter is imba: every minute you can stop for some seconds the possibility of enemies to use BKB. That's a lot. With a better balancing, in-game use could be very nice.

Safecyn: Bounty Hunter
B: 8
O: 7.5
Our loved Bounty Hunter turns out in a ninja-kind hero. Interesting. Kunai Rain possibility to work with UAMs and other modifiers can be very nice (applying Desolator to all the enemies, or five chain-lightning Maelstrom, well, can be overpowered sometimes, but ok). Smoke Step and Hunter's Mark are fine, but I miss Track bonus gold and all. The possibility of increasing the team's gold income was unique, something he doesn't have anymore on your concept D=.

Cuttleboss: Templar Assassin
IGU: 9
Well, I agree with Cyn and Thread, really nice ult. I find it very balanced; Eyes of the Teample needs some tweaking maybe, but, really well made. Again, I don't have much more to say than this. =D

Unscathed: Visage
O: 9.5
Good work you did here, turning Visage in a (more) micro-intense support. He lost a lot of his survivability however, he's a rather squishy support just like Chen. The summomoning's match Visage lore and theme, well, you did a great job!

ElDiablo: Spectre
IGU: 8.5
Hmm, well, turning Spectre in a teamfight-oriented hero was a good idea. Spectral Force is missing the radius trigger, and well, I believe it is somewhat hard to include in the game. Overall concpet is nice, especially Spectral Strike + Haunt synergy, similar to Naga and her Rip Tide.

kkoopman3: Morphling
B: 7.5
O: 9
IGU: 7.5
Drown is quite powerful, but the balance here is almost perfect: he doesn't not has any ability to use it. I don't see the role of Morphling, however, he can be a strong right-clicker with Morph skills, but there isn't much synergy between the Morph abilities and the other skills. Transmorph offer a lot of utility and possibilities, and it so far the only skill that can work with Morph (not all the times, however).

BKvoiceover: Death Prophet
You missed some info on the skills like th cast range on Mortal String and Conjuration, so the balancing here is compromised. Conjuration numbers and it's effects add a lot to Krobelus, but some of them could be restricted to an Aghanim's Upgrade. She gains a lot of buffs with it, while applying debuffs on enemies.

Porygon361: Luna
B: 9
IGU: 10
A good transition, from an AGI carry to an INT nuker/utility hero. Doesn't have much to say here too, overall balance and concept are very fine. Well played, Porygon. =D

That's it. I don't have too much criticism too and everyone can win this FoC, the submissions are well made. Have fun! =D

PS: Collector isn't random. The ingredient gets better when leveling.

oldKainen

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (14)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » November 7, 2014 10:33pm | Report
Welp, I lied. Guess I'm not getting there after all </3.

Making numbers too high is always a problem I have :<

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » November 8, 2014 1:25am | Report
I don't get why you guys think that one has to make int items for my hero.
Tiny also has to spam skills (much more that this hero in fact) and there is no problem with that.
all you need is a Bottle.
Self harming ability?so do Centaur Warrunner and Pudge.
This hero ganks just as well as Pudge does, both of whom have stacking skills.
Both of these heroes snowball with kills and assists, which is,basically ganking.

Hell, Pudge scales much better than this hero with his monstrous 2.5 strength gain, which is about 100 strength with 40 stacks (1900 health and 100 damage)!

he disables heavily, agreed, but not as heavily as Shadow Shaman or Lion or Bane.

basically, He's a balanar, who ganks better,scales better, and has a better teamfight presence.

EDIT: I could have sworn i removed that imba hero stack gain.... sorry

edit: lookit http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/forum/hero-and-item-ideas/forge-of-creation-4-entries-13660?page=3#comments

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » November 11, 2014 2:05pm | Report
So many people asked for a voting thread, yet no one's voting. ;_;

Bonus points to those that do? :D Or is there not a time limit?

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » November 11, 2014 2:50pm | Report
I've had a busy week. Let me get to this in a few days, because I want to be in the right state of mind to judge them fairly.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » November 11, 2014 5:39pm | Report
same.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » November 12, 2014 5:15am | Report
Are we doing this again people? Why did you rush me if you didn't vote at all?(except 3 people - which I'd like to thank for doing so) I would be ashamed of myself if I were you.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » November 12, 2014 6:15am | Report
well there seems to be time zones.

i'll do mine in prolly 40 mins

EDIT

actually wow ****

its like late night here

actually i missed 2-3 days because of a Homestay from my school

been tired since

didnt realized time flowed so fast

Wulfstan wrote:

Are we doing this again people? Why did you rush me if you didn't vote at all?(except 3 people - which I'd like to thank for doing so) I would be ashamed of myself if I were you.

karma kappa. you assigned the hero like a little late.

will post mine in 22 hours.

(hey its 11 November here)

EDIT AGAIN
i kindly ask to remove all the offtopics there. its a pain opening 11 page one by one
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » November 12, 2014 7:21am | Report
ThreadOfFate: Clinkz
B: 3
Extremely overpowered with huge damage and crazy slows.

Eightfold: Medusa
IGU: 7
Not enough ways to deal damage, which makes her weak. Therefore there will be no incentive for enemies to focus her, so her tank spells are rendered pretty redundant.

KoDyAbAbA: Lycan
O: 7
IGU: 5
I feel like this Lycan can't do much with the high mana costs. Though you did reference Tiny as an example for heroes with spammable, high mana cost spells, but I still don't think he can really cast without running out of mana with his current intelligence gain and without certain items. Contriction also feels a little strange.

Terathiel: Legion Commander
B: 5
This new LC will push players to work together with teammates instead of solo 1v5 doto. However, mana costs are pretty high and makes it so she can't make use of her skills effectively.

Yzreel: Lina
This Lina has many damage steroids, a BKB counter and even a mini shallow grave. I think it's a little too powerful.

Safecyn: Bounty Hunter
I love it! Absolutely excellent!

Cuttleboss: Templar Assassin
Nice! I thoroughly enjoyed reading about this hero. The only thing I'm not keen on is the ultimate.

Unscathed: Visage
All around good, core spells well-defined. Role is a bit iffy, but i think this hero can work on any lane.

oldKainen: Alchemist
O: 7
Good, but not very much different from the original. Still sticks to the theme well, though.

ElDiablo: Spectre
Good concept. Makes Spectre more useful early on.

kkoopman3: Morphling
IGU: 6
A little strange, but that is what makes this hero interesting. However, the hero's effectiveness is extremely dependant on opponent picks.

BKvoiceover: Death Prophet
This rework makes Death Prophet a powerful burst nuker. Clearly a mid hero with a great capacity for ganking and teamfighting.

I only included the main reason for my votes. Just tell me if you wish to know the rest.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved