Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Forge of Creation #4 Voting !

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Forge of Creation #4 Voting ! 31 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » November 5, 2014 5:11am | Report
FoC 4 voting. This time, let us be dazed by your reworks.

RATING

Each hero has "marking guidelines", based on which you'll be able to rate the hero. The categories are :
  • Balance - How balanced the hero is
  • Originality - How original the hero is
  • In - Game usability : Could it be used in game properly?

Contestant lists :
  • porygon361
  • Smuggles
  • Yzreel
  • Kodyababa
  • BKvoiceover
  • Eightfold
  • ElDiablo
  • kkoopman3
  • TheSofa
  • Terathiel
  • ThreadOfFate
  • Unschated
  • Safecyn
  • Ninecent
  • Cuttleboss
  • oldKainen
May the best rework win !

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » November 5, 2014 7:27am | Report
Sorry I wan't able to post mine. I'm under 'special circumstances' right now. Thank you for understanding.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » November 7, 2014 12:21pm | Report
I was procrastinating to see if any others would post first. I must (as always <_>) take the initiative. Peasants.

Eightfold: Medusa
B: 8
O: 8
IGU: 7
It just doesn't seem...Any fun to play IMO. But still interesting.
KoDyAbAbA: Lycan
B: 5
IGU: 6.5
Ok this requires explaining. This Lycan HAS to get ahead, else his Q is basically a skill doing nothing. He feels underpowered in that he needs to be in the thick of teamfights, yet is forced
to build INT items, with no inherent sustain...And who has a self-harming ability.
Terathiel: Legion Commander
B: 7.5
O: 9
It was all reaaaaally cool...But then I didn't understand the ulti <_>. Seems like Reposition is damn good for setting up ganks.
Yzreel: Lina
O: 8.5
IGU: 7.5
"Removes lina's ability to die" for 4 seconds...Hum. If you increased that duration for about 2 seconds, you could almost switch the ulti with this. And I might be stupid for saying this, but the ulti feels a LITTLE underwhelming. No offense, but it lacks the usual...'Yzreel' flair.
Safecyn: Bounty Hunter
B: 9
IGU: 8
Oh. Gad. Yes. Keeps the 'ganking' part, and also makes him very viable in straight up fights, too! I LIEK the kunai rain <_>.
Cuttleboss: Templar Assassin
B: 7
O: 7.5
The ulti...Oh my god do I love the ulti. HOWEVER!!!! I do not get the passive. Does it mean you don't get any choice whether you use it, like Geminte attack? Because if so, you lose a LOT of mana very quickly. I mean, reaaaally strong attack modifying passives like Tidebringer and Geminate Attack don't have a single bit of mana cost.
Unscathed: Visage
B: 8?
O: 9.5
The question mark is there because I really don't have the mental patience ATM to figure out all the interaction possibilities. It's REALLY cool, and it takes away the incredibly strong lvl 1-3 kill potential. I feel the minions need a tiny bit more hp, but meh. Also, get this guy a Necronomicon and watch towers melt under your power :D.
oldKainen: Alchemist
IGU: 6.5
I honestly don't have much to say. I think collect should just get a random chance of getting each ingredient, and levelling up the skill should boost gold collection. PS: the icon of Unstable Concoction should change colour depending on which ingredient you have.
ElDiablo: Spectre
B: 5 (I'M SORRY D:)
O: 7
It's just...So...Weak! The blind does no damage or anything, and Troll has a blind/damage for less of a cost. Spectral force... The damage will be minor late game; it needs to scale on percentage. Spectral strike is the only ability that feels worthwhile. Sorry if I seem harsh.
kkoopman3: Morphling
Liquefy so good <_>. Q is a 5 second magic amp stun. Oh my god. Cast this on someone with Zeus/Skywrath/Lina/Lion on hand, and WATCH THEM GET BLOWN TO OBLIVION...With no chance to react, which seems a little unfair. The possibilities of that ult...Intrigue me. Use all of your other abilities up, suddenly transform. Oh hold on...Imagine 1v1 mid only with this guy. Infinite transforms -> moar abilities.
BKvoiceover: Death prophet
O: 7.5
Someone call Las Vegas: straight 7's!
Porygon361: Luna
B: 8.5
IGU: 9
It's pretty damn good. Simple but fun to use, actual skillshots fo' dat skill ceiling, fun times inbound.

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » November 7, 2014 12:49pm | Report
Thread, Mind Cutter does not cost mana, it's an attack that burns the target's mana.

I'll find some time to write up my thoughts on everyone's submissions.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » November 7, 2014 1:03pm | Report
Cuttleboss wrote:

Thread, Mind Cutter does not cost mana, it's an attack that burns the target's mana.

I'll find some time to write up my thoughts on everyone's submissions.

O-of course! I totally knew that! Eheheheh *running away*

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » November 7, 2014 1:06pm | Report
I got good feelings about this FoC! I think I might make it in the top 3, atleast...

*so hyped*

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eightfold » November 7, 2014 1:45pm | Report
I hope I at least make it into the top 16.
There's no earthy way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing, or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining, is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of Hell a-glowing? Is the grisly Reaper mowing?! YES! The danger must be growing! For the rowers keep on rowing! And there's certainly not showing ANY SIGNS THAT THEY ARE SLOWING!

Hit that Rep button, you know you want to.

Eightfold

Notable (9)
Steam: Lord Indoril Nerevar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » November 7, 2014 3:41pm | Report
My Visage requires in game usage observing which is totally impossible.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » November 7, 2014 4:05pm | Report
Aha! So this is how voting is done! I'm gonna copypasta your voting format, Thread, hope you don't mind.

ThreadOfFate: Clinkz
B: 6.5
The concept is pretty original (I'm a big fan of 'Ignite' personally), but as of right now you have a hero that can slow multiple enemies by 85% at level 16 by casting two abilities, that also does so much damage that I... I don't even. The fact that the ult doubles the stack limit on Ignite, which can already slow by 50% and do 200 damage on a 2 second cooldown, is... ah. It's a great idea, but I think your numbers are way too high. o_0

Eightfold: Medusa
The hero actually seems really balanced, with the magic amplification for 5/10/15 seconds on top of the 2/3/4 second stun at the ult being my only real sticking point. (Plus the AOE on the Aghs o_0) I would have rated the balance higher, but there's no %chance listed for the passive Stony Armor, so I can't accurately judge it. Sorry. D: In-game usability is rated on the low side not necessarily because the hero isn't useful, but because there are probably better heroes that can fill a similar role. Centaur Warrunner comes to mind. Still, I love the concept and how it all thematically ties in with Medusa as a character.

KoDyAbAbA: Lycan
B: 5
O: 5
IGU: 5
I understand that in order to be a Lycanthrope, Lycan sort of needs to turn into a wolf. But I feel like, even though the ult has been changed by adding a sub-ability, that you should've kept it the same and changed his passive, or changed his ult completely. Fits more with the spirit of the competition. That aside, I rated balance low not because of Lycan's need to be ahead, but because of how broken Thirst for Justice is. With a three second disable in his pocket that does physical damage by level 7, he's going to be getting at least assist stacks if not kills, and the fact that they scale 5/2 is just... wow. There's also no reason to skill this past level 1, as the boost you get from the active is nowhere near worth giving up the permanent bonuses you get from the stacks.

Terathiel: Legion Commander
B: 6
O: 10
Both the idea of drawing flanking lines on the map and of changing damage types to best exploit enemy weaknesses and counter enemy strengths are cool, cool concepts. I have no idea how that would get coded into the game, you realize, but I only let that minorly affect IGU. Kudos! Balance, on the other hand... well, I don't know. Reposition is listed as a unit target skill, I see, so I'd assume you'd target an enemy? But from what range? The way it reads, I can't help but think it's global which... 0_0. You're essentially able to near-guarantee successful ganks as long as you can see the target, like a Spirit Breaker that doesn't have to be suicidal. I also think the morphing armor and attack types, while an awesome idea, is kinda OP. It's got a reasonably long cooldown, which I like, but the potential exploits with this seem a bit broken. Combine Legion with Death Prophet to guarantee a tower falls every 150 seconds, y'know what I'm saying? Still, good work overall.

Yzreel: Lina
B: 4.5
IGU: 8.5
I'ma ignore the fact that universal damage doesn't exist in the game, and mentally replace that with 'pure damage that pierces spell imnmunity'. The basic combo on this hero, then, seems to be R-Q-W, which... I'm not gonna lie, I like it a lot. Sticking points on the balance, though: proud soul gives 50 bonus pure damage (on top of the rest of her damage being pure), 50% splash, and the inability to die for 4 seconds. To a hero that can reduce magic resistance by 60% on heroes and increase her own attack speed by 510 and her move speed by 48%.

I... I actually had the balance higher until I wrote all of that out, I'm not gonna lie. The fact that her ult makes the replenish time of flare charges 6 seconds from level 1, and immortality time is also 4 seconds from level 1 of proud soul gives you this... incredibly, ridiculously dangerous hero early on that scales into late game because of the bonus damage that scales off her max MP pool and her innate passive that increases her MP pool every time something dies nearby her. She doesn't even need the assist! This concept is really cool and all (or hot, as it were), but I think she gets too many bonuses all at once, sorry.

Cuttleboss: Templar Assassin
O: 10
IGU: 9
I agree with Thread: that ulti is downright amazing. ;_; I love how the 'cognitive abilities' of the hero involve shutting down the player themselves, who is essentially the mind behind the avatar. TA, of all heroes, would be able to break the fourth wall like that (or 'see behind the veil' if we're sticking to lore.) Balance issues are minor: for starters, I don't think that Agh's upgrade should exist, and the ultimate, powerful as it is, should have some sort of warning animation like Blood Rite does. Make it harder to land and not insta-cast. Also Eyes of the Temple just seems... I don't know. I feel like it'd be more balanced if the vision was reduced, the duration was made permanent, and there was a gold bounty associated with them but... then I almost feel like I made a different skill? It's cool though.

Unscathed: Visage
B: 7.5
O: 9.5
There is so much glorious, glorious math here... wow, I could spend all day thinking of things to do with this hero. I also really like how you managed to find icons that all fit the correct color scheme. The amount of micro required shouldnt' actually be as bad as things first appear, though using your abilities in the heat of battle could be tricky. Cold Blast on the wraith seems a little strong: 9 second attack and move speed slow that does damage, but... it's not too bad, tbh, when compared with similar-ish skills like Drunken Haze. I'd increase the mana cost by 20, just so you have to choose between casting it twice or using your heal. The biggest balance break, though, are the possible exploits. If you thought Drow/ Visage was broken before... to say nothing of throwing a Lycan in there. Still though, good work overall.

oldKainen: Alchemist
O: 6
Interesting... very interesting... originality has to be rated lower than I'd like, just because a lot of these abilities are very, very similar to the originals, but the changes to them are quite nice... and balanced, even! I thought you made Acid Spray OP until I realized you changed the duration to 4 seconds. XD. Collector is... interesting. I'm not sure how the ingredient thing works: if it's a random ingredient it's probably under-powered, but... hmm... I'm just trying to think if you'd ever want a silence/entangle instead of a stun, and would benefit from being able to choose ingredients. Not sure.
ElDiablo: Spectre
IGU: 8.5
I got your back on this one! I can see where you're going with it and I like it a lot. Instead of a hard-carry, Spectre has turned into an excellent team-fighter, one who could even be viably run as a support. Right now you can haunt, spectral strike for damage as well as a 20% slow and 50 attack speed slow to all enemies, and then blind for... for... how much? It doesn't say. ;_; If it's for 100%, it might as well be listed as a disarm... at which point a 3 second guaranteed disarm to all heroes no matter where they are seems a bit overpowered, to be honest. Though maybe not, since it does say they have to be 'facing' Spectre/her illusions and I'm pretty sure they always appear behind. I like it, though. Haunt + Spectral Strike means guaranteed KSing on fleeing heroes with low HP after all. Get a Zeus on your team and watch the KS competition commence. XD

kkoopman3: Morphling
B: 8.5
I think Drown is more balanced than it first appears. Sure, at max level, it's a 5 second diable that amps magic damage by 40% (I'd scale that number back a bit, personally), but it IS on hero that doesn't actually have a magical nuke. This means he has to be a part of a two or three man gank squad, unless he goes on someone who HAS magical nukes, ults them, becomes them, and then uses them against them. That's pretty cool sounding. You hard counter heavy nukers, for sure. I'm curious how the UI would handle becoming a hero with 3 actives, though. I suppose you'd get the third one assigned to F since morph is taking E and D, and that sounds tricky/unintuitive. Cool, though.
Drown probably could use a cooldown increase, thinking again. Twice a minute seems a bit much. 45/50 seconds is probably closer to ideal.

BKvoiceover: Death prophet
B: 6
Mortal String OP. Consider that Dragon Tail, which is already one of the most annoying spells in the game, stuns for 3.25 at max level, only deals 100 damage, and is cast at melee range (400 in dragon form, I know, but still). This is also on a hero without a large mana pool, and who doesn't have the option of turning that damage into pure. The fact that it gives 10 seconds of vision on top of all that is... wow. I like the concept, though. Definitely a cool ability. The passive seems pretty balanced, but the ult... I think the combination of increased physical damage, decreased enemy physical damage, AND turning her spells into pure damage for 20 seconds is a bit much. Pick two, or make the percentages less than 30. Just my opinion, though.

Porygon361: Luna
IGU: 10
Seems like a hero that the frog has buffed multiple times, is finally being used in the meta, and will likely be getting some minor nerfs that kill her stomp potential in pubs while leaving her a viable hero. Probably around Crescent Glaive: I can't put my figure on exactly what, but it seems a little too strong. The 1000 cast range but 800 effect range is very 'Dotaesque' though. :p Also, I don't think the name should've been crescent glaive to begin with: she's a moon rider remember! You think 'Lucent beam', 'Lunar Blessing', and 'Eclipse' are enough to drive that theme home by themselves? Please.

I'm making jokes because I don't have much criticism, to be honest. This is good. This is a good rework.

And now that I've made enemies out of all of you.... adieu! Plz don't hate me too much. ;_;

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » November 7, 2014 4:29pm | Report
Actually I dunno why u guys took my summons as pushers. Their abiloties are far too precious to use as solely pushing.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved