Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Old LoL player into DotA2

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Old LoL player into DotA2 30 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Real Alucard » May 20, 2014 5:43am | Report
I've been playing League of Legends for a couple of years now and I started playing DotA2 recently and think it is more fun, other than the amount of unspecific items xD

I was wondering what I should do from this point.

DotaFire: http://dotabuff.com/players/98304953

Please helps meh.

The Real Alucard

Steam: Lukostrelec
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 20, 2014 5:50am | Report
Help you how? Can you be more specific?

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Real Alucard » May 20, 2014 6:19am | Report
I just know almost nothing about the mechanics, builds or abilities of any champs except for the ones I play and a few others. Some assistance with this and comparing it to my results would be nice. Sorry that 'everything' is a bit general xD

The Real Alucard

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Allegiance » May 20, 2014 6:30am | Report
1. Stop playing Legion Commander. Most uselss Hero in the game next to Bloodseeker.

2. Read some general guides on Dotafire :) (http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guides?sort_type=score_decayed&hero_id=None)

3. Satanic and Desolator do not work together!

Allegiance

Notable (9)
Steam: d4rkdest1ny
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Real Alucard » May 20, 2014 6:37am | Report
I'm pretty sure BS and LC aren't useless. LC snowballs so ridiculously hard if someone can play her right. And BS is good for teams that have Sniper in case they need to chase down stragglers, Invoker's Sun Strike, and probably Elder Titan's ult if they are low enough. Also I wish that general guides help, as well as explaining why to buy certain items like magic stick which I think is useless.

The Real Alucard

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » May 20, 2014 7:02am | Report
Snowballing in this game is really a trump card.If you want a hero that can truly ball out, try Queen of Pain. She has the means to do so, doesn't have to farm 20 minutes for an item to start getting Duel deeps.She needs levels, but for that you just go mid.

Aboud Magic Stick - that item will save your life more than once.It basically instantly heals you up and gives you instant mana too, which does come in handy in fights or escaping a kill shot ( Assassinate for example, since it locks on, you know you are going to take damage unless you can disjoint).And not just Assassinate, you can just pop in in the middle of a fight to instantly heal you, be it a teamfight ( where it has more potential, more spells = more charges, or a 1v1 situation if you have charges saved up).

Also, this will pretty much cover mechanics and other stuff you might be wondering about : http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck

If you have any further questions just add me on steam : Wulfstant (there is a picture of the Kid - as my profile pic)

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 20, 2014 7:39am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Aboud Magic Stick - that item will save your life more than once.It basically instantly heals you up and gives you instant mana too, which does come in handy in fights or escaping a kill shot ( Assassinate for example, since it locks on, you know you are going to take damage unless you can disjoint).And not just Assassinate, you can just pop in in the middle of a fight to instantly heal you, be it a teamfight ( where it has more potential, more spells = more charges, or a 1v1 situation if you have charges saved up).

This ^

As you get better at the game, you'll start using the extra HP to get away from Ganks, e.g. they think they've killed you just as youre about to get behind your Tower, the send off one more Attack/Nuke to finish you, but just as you're about to get hit with fatal damage, you use Magic Stick and survive. Your opponents curse themselves for not having enough Damage to finish you off. 8{D

You can even secure Kills by using it to get just enough Mana for that extra Spell.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Allegiance » May 20, 2014 7:49am | Report
Legion needs to snowball to be of any use, thats why i consider her a really bad hero.
There are enough heroes that can snowball as hard as LC, but are a lot more useful, if they don't snowball (eg TA, Storm, Ember, etc)

Allegiance

Notable (9)
Steam: d4rkdest1ny
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zeth_Foherein » May 20, 2014 8:07am | Report
We dont cal the characters champions, we call them heroes (just saying),

Zeth_Foherein

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » May 20, 2014 8:11am | Report
Allegiance wrote:

1. Stop playing Legion Commander. Most uselss Hero in the game next to Bloodseeker.

Wow man how can you even say that?

If you enjoy playing LC (this hero is just genious, especially if you have friends that can pick Io or any nuker) I can give you some advice.

Always try to go mid, whenever you plan to pick Legion Commander just do an instant pick and select mid, no other way to get mid on lower mmr. Also noone will expect to see you on mid, so you shouldn't face any hard counters.
If middle lane is taken, then try to get easy lane (top for dire, bottom for radiant). If you can't take mid or easy lane - don't pick LC.
About skill build -
1. Overwhelming Odds
2. Press the Attack
3. Overwhelming Odds
4. Press the Attack
5. Overwhelming Odds
6. Duel
7. Overwhelming Odds
8. Moment of Courage
9. Press the Attack
10. Press the Attack
11. Duel
12. Moment of Courage
13. Moment of Courage
14. Moment of Courage
15. STATS
16. [[Duel]
17 - 25. STATS

About items:
Starting items for all lanes - Tango, Quelling Blade, Stout Shield
Early gaem items - Boots of Speed into Blink Dagger on easy lane, Bottle into Boots of Speed into Blink Dagger for middle lane
Core items - Black King Bar into Assault Cuirass
Late gaem - depends on game, usually I'm getting pure hp/armor Heart of Tarrasque and Eye of Skadi, sometimes you may need to go Abyssal Blade for stun or some other *****

Gameplay - on easy lane its very simple, get as many last hits as possible > when you have lvl 6 ask for gank so that you can duel enemy and get free damage > when you have boots and blink dagger, every time your ultimate is off cooldown try to gank someone and get damage with duel. Always use your W on yourself before using duel, as it gives you huge attack speed boost.
On mid lane harass your enemy with Q, always try to hit him and all enemy creeps at once, as it increases it's damage for every unit hit. Regen mana with bottle, that makes LC very nice mid laner - she can safely harass enemy for HUUUUUGE amounts of damage if you catch all creeps in its range. Try to get as many last hits as possible, if you're in danger just use W - always keep mana for 1 W.
Every 2 minutes check for runes so that you can refill your bottle. When you have lvl 6 you should still sit on middle and farm blink, if you can't get it in any reasonable time (8-10 minutes of afk farm) then just wait for haste/invisibility rune and go gank with duel. When you have blink dagger gank with your ulti and when on cooldown go farm mid or woods.

Just remember how you use all your skills - LC is stronger the more enemies are around her and attack her with right clicks.
If you're using Q always try to catch as many enemies in it's radious as possible, as it increases it's damage by stitton. Even if it means that you have to wait. If you're chasing enemy on a lane and you know that you won't kill him with Q, then just wait when he walks next to his lane creeps and then throw your Q - kill guaranteed 100% mlg.
W isn't only attack speed and heal - it's fokkin purge. Use it on yourself when initiating with blink dagger and gonna take damage from creeps and heroes. Use it on allies if they are stunned and may die, or if they have more right click damage than you can will profit more from attack speed (specially early when you have 0 duel damage).
Passive is very simple - always try to aggro all creeps possible when dueling, so that they will proc your passive and grant you bonus damage + lifesteal. What many people don't know - it works on towers, it doesn't heal you but still deal damage to tower. So when you're pushing for example T1 towers then you actually want the tower to attack you so that you deal more damage to it. Remember you can always heal yourself.
Last thing is your ultimate - it's not an panic button, it's not an stun, it puts you in very dangerous position - especially early game. What determines good LC player is decision making when it comes to using Duel. Ideally you always want to win your duels, even if you die afterwards, as it gives you permament damage and that will eventually turn the game in your favor. But most important rule is - don't die under duel. You don't have to win 100% of duels, not even 50%. Just disable enemy you need to disable and make sure you don't die. Having allies like Dazzle or Io makes duels much easier and enjoyable. Always try to inform your team that you're gonna use duel on someone so that they can nuke your victim. Don't use duel on someone with linken's sphere.

Lol that's a wall of text :/

My matches with LC if you want to see
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved