Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Old LoL player into DotA2

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Old LoL player into DotA2 30 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eightfold » May 20, 2014 8:40am | Report
DzikaPanda wrote:

If you can't take mid or easy lane - don't pick LC.

LC can jungle pretty well if you alternate points between Moment of Courage and Press the Attack. Moment of Courage to give you some healing while you're jungling, and if you're getting low use Press the Attack. You rush a midas and farm until about 12 mins, then duel-gank the sidelane for a damage bonus.
There's no earthy way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing, or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining, is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of Hell a-glowing? Is the grisly Reaper mowing?! YES! The danger must be growing! For the rowers keep on rowing! And there's certainly not showing ANY SIGNS THAT THEY ARE SLOWING!

Hit that Rep button, you know you want to.

Eightfold

Notable (9)
Steam: Lord Indoril Nerevar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » May 20, 2014 9:45am | Report
Eightfold wrote:

LC can jungle pretty well if you alternate points between Moment of Courage and Press the Attack. Moment of Courage to give you some healing while you're jungling, and if you're getting low use Press the Attack. You rush a midas and farm until about 12 mins, then duel-gank the sidelane for a damage bonus.

Going into jungle as core (Lifestealer, Ursa, Legion Commander) makes you play as 4 core and 1 support team with new meta tactic "1 protect 4", also reduces your chances of winning by like 99%, as your 1 support will most likely have kda 0/10/10 with 0 items, so no wards/courier/sentries. Also jungle isn't good way of farming as a right click core, not from lvl 1. So having such team, for example like on normal typical matchmaking - ez lane sick farm AM with support earthshaker, mid shadow fiend, offlane clockwerk, 0 stuns and 1 underfarmed and underleveled core jungler.

Allegiance wrote:

Legion needs to snowball to be of any use, thats why i consider her a really bad hero.

I don't think you know what you're saying. She have best lifesteal in game (80%) + free attacks, it's like one of the best late game scalling passives in the game, she have built in heal + purge + attack speed to boost carry, and she's countering mass illusions and summon push strats with Q. Duel is just addition to this, and it's not just about + damage, it's about muting enemy for 5 seconds and holding him in place.

I think you've just played with bad wood LC that rush shadow blades and feed duels. People were saying that ember is weak when he first came out, when they finally "learned" how to play him they started saying he's OP.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Real Alucard » May 20, 2014 10:22am | Report
Also what is considered wood MMR or mediocre MMR?

The Real Alucard

Steam: Lukostrelec
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » May 20, 2014 10:50am | Report
So wood mmr is when you go into fokkin ranked and you have mid Lina with Mjollnir rush.
And mediocre MMR is when game sense is still low but they are trying, so +4k mmr.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » May 20, 2014 10:54am | Report

I just know almost nothing about the mechanics, builds or abilities of any champs except for the ones I play and a few others. Some assistance with this and comparing it to my results would be nice. Sorry that 'everything' is a bit general xD

Dota uses Warcraft III mechanics so it's different than LoL.
  • UAM (formerly known as Orb Effect) I can't remember how was it called in LoL
  • Dota Physical Damage - LoL Physical damage
  • Dota Magical Damage - LoL Magic damage
  • Dota Pure Damage - Lol True damage
  • Dota Composite Damage - LoL N/A
  • Dota Hp Removal Damage - LoL N/A
  • Dota Universal Damage - LoL N/A
  • Dota Hero Damage - I think this is Attack Damage in LoL correct me if I'm wrong

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Damage_types
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eightfold » May 20, 2014 11:05am | Report
DzikaPanda wrote:

ez lane sick farm AM with support earthshaker, mid shadow fiend, offlane clockwerk, 0 stuns and 1 underfarmed and underleveled core jungler.

Clockwerk and Earthshaker both have stuns, but I see what you mean. I was just thinking of the jungling aspect.
There's no earthy way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing, or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining, is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of Hell a-glowing? Is the grisly Reaper mowing?! YES! The danger must be growing! For the rowers keep on rowing! And there's certainly not showing ANY SIGNS THAT THEY ARE SLOWING!

Hit that Rep button, you know you want to.

Eightfold

Notable (9)
Steam: Lord Indoril Nerevar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FearsomeClarinet » May 20, 2014 12:57pm | Report
Lols at LC being useless. LC is like an extreme hard counter to many squishy supports who rely on spells, because you duel, they are forced into a ****ty auto attack, you have buffs and a counter passive. get kills on squishy heroes first making it easy to take down the tougher guys later on. Yeah its snowballing, but its extremely different as its not just blind rampaging.

FearsomeClarinet

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » May 20, 2014 3:08pm | Report
I don't think people understand how much stronger LC is on mid than in jungle - http://dotabuff.com/matches/671341654

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by dota2expert » May 20, 2014 3:50pm | Report
Just saying i disagree with u dzik i think vanguard needs to be bought And u need to max stats and moment of courage first so u can survive duel's cause otherwise youll get pwned.. awesome fail

dota2expert

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » May 20, 2014 9:11pm | Report
dota2expert wrote:

Just saying i disagree with u dzik i think vanguard needs to be bought And u need to max stats and moment of courage first so u can survive duel's cause otherwise youll get pwned.. awesome fail

this troll
Do as I say, not what I do

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Steam: Fleet™

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved