Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Old LoL player into DotA2

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Old LoL player into DotA2 30 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » May 21, 2014 12:12am | Report
dota2expert wrote:

Just saying i disagree with u dzik i think vanguard needs to be bought And u need to max stats and moment of courage first so u can survive duel's cause otherwise youll get pwned.. awesome fail

Clearly you don't know the tactic of kill stealing with ur Duel or using it when your whole team ganks 1 person... best strat eva.

Also with coming across from LoL to dota. I would highly suggest that you find similar heroes and practice them, probably start off with 2-3 imo. Also LC is fine to play as long as you don't loose Duels. Otherwise your team may hate on you.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Allegiance » May 21, 2014 1:02am | Report
Just because LC does not loose midlanes, thanks to awesome heal does not make the hero good.
Without winning a lot of duels, your damage will be inferior. Also LC is (like most STR heroes) only tanky druing the early stages, but eats a ****ton of damage from rightklicks later on. If you don't have a ****load of bonusdamage, your carrypotential is ****.

If you say, that duel is still an awesome disable, just pick Doom. He can carry, mid or jungle.
He can be a source of damage or just some semi-support utility hero. And his Ult is less risky than duel. He also farms superfast and oes not need to snowball.

Also, having a hero mid that has some real game impact is just way better, than LC, who depends 100% on her team to get a good start, instead of creating space for her team.

On what I agree is, that LC is best put in 1v1 lanes. She is pretty wasted on safelane, and jungling LC makes your lanes during the earlygame a lot weaker.

Allegiance

Notable (9)
Steam: d4rkdest1ny
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » May 21, 2014 2:06am | Report
Allegiance wrote:

Also, having a hero mid that has some real game impact is just way better, than LC, who depends 100% on her team to get a good start, instead of creating space for her team.

So why people are picking Morphling or Shadow Fiend mid? Oh sorry, I forgot they are the best space creators in the game.

I think your image of mid lane is wrong, or just waaaaay different than mine. You aren't supposed to gank other lanes - supports are supposed to roam and help you kill their mid, especially if you're facing Invoker or Shadow Fiend, so that they don't get too much farm.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 21, 2014 2:54am | Report
DzikaPanda wrote:

So why people are picking Morphling or Shadow Fiend mid? Oh sorry, I forgot they are the best space creators in the game.

I think your image of mid lane is wrong, or just waaaaay different than mine. You aren't supposed to gank other lanes - supports are supposed to roam and help you kill their mid, especially if you're facing Invoker or Shadow Fiend, so that they don't get too much farm.

This ^

..and if both Supports aren't enough? you've got an Offlaner who should be Ganking when "Game is hard"

The only time a Mid should be Ganking before they get their Core Items is if they can take that advantage of that Kill to Push a Tower or 2. Otherwise, they should focus on Farming

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Allegiance » May 21, 2014 4:33am | Report
Yeah, but thats kinda my whole point o.O
While Sf or Morph scale very well with farm and can afford to sit on their lane, LC actually needs to go for kills, because the hero won't do jack**** without duel victories.
But whatever, I don't think we will agree on LC being **** or good anyway.

Allegiance

Notable (9)
Steam: d4rkdest1ny
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » May 21, 2014 6:50am | Report
So how doesn't LC scale well with farm?That point is invalid, she can just buy damage boosting items with a BKB and be like any other generic carry.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuicideSilence_ » May 21, 2014 9:59am | Report
Hey mate i've played LoL for long time to and i started dota2 about 2 months ago (more or less) if u want to we can play togethr( i dont know alot like i did in LoL but its fun to have friends to learn with) So if u wanna aad me Steam Name SuicideSilence®

SuicideSilence_

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuicideSilence_ » May 21, 2014 9:59am | Report
Hey mate i've played LoL for long time to and i started dota2 about 2 months ago (more or less) if u want to we can play togethr( i dont know alot like i did in LoL but its fun to have friends to learn with) So if u wanna aad me Steam Name SuicideSilence®

SuicideSilence_

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by William » May 26, 2014 2:03am | Report
I haven't read this entire thread, but judging from your profile it seems you die a lot, even on heroes that aren't very squishy.

From this, I'd say work on your positioning. It's extremely important knowing where to stand not just in lane, but on a stand-off engagement between teams, and during the fight itself. This can be improved as you get better, because you'll start to realise what you could have done differently to survive, but also watching streams on Twitch and videos on YouTube.

William

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (7)
Steam: Bill
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by eisenbergh » June 19, 2014 10:12am | Report
Aw I feel you bro.
Been playing LoL myself for quite a while, it's kinda hard to adapt to Dota2; but I 100%TOTALLY agree that it's A HELL LOT MORE FUN :D

eisenbergh

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved