Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Why Anti-Mage isn't the best hard carry.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Why Anti-Mage isn't the best hard carry. 44 posts - page 3 of 5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by tracc » July 9, 2014 12:07am | Report
IMHO Void is the "best" carry because he can shine even when the game is not going his way (guaranteed disable) whereas most hard carrys are no thread at all if they dont get farmed up. In other words: I am most afraid of Void. Whenever I see void being picked in pubs usually I specifically pick a hero that can counter him - I dont do that for the other hard carrys.
I like to pick Jakiro to counter him btw :)

tracc

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » July 9, 2014 12:14am | Report
Anti-Mage isn't the best hard carry, he's simply the one that farms faster, and that is usually enough to outcarry most Heroes.

tracc wrote:

IMHO Void is the "best" carry because he can shine even when the game is not going his way (guaranteed disable) whereas most hard carrys are no thread at all if they dont get farmed up. In other words: I am most afraid of Void. Whenever I see void being picked in pubs usually I specifically pick a hero that can counter him - I dont do that for the other hard carrys.

Shadow Demon is the best counter in my opinion. :D

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » July 9, 2014 12:49am | Report
tracc wrote:

but...jakiro doesn't counter him....in any way
Do as I say, not what I do

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Steam: Fleet™
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » July 9, 2014 1:11am | Report
He does a bit - Faceless Void can definitely be slowed down by long range stuns (wasted time in Chrono is very bad for him), although personally I prefer to partner Jakiro with him for perfect Macropyre/ Ice Path combos :).

The real danger of AM is that if your team doesn't shut him down or play aggressively enough, he'll end up with 3 big items by the time the likes of Spectre have 1 or 2. Don't get me wrong, Spectre is a much better late game and team fight hero, but she's almost useless early-mid.

Faceless Void is definitely coming back into fashion, although he's always been exceptionally dangerous with the right backup - the likes of Witch Doctor and Jakiro combo so well with him, can make up for his lack of damage early on.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » July 9, 2014 3:12am | Report
FleetAU wrote:

but...jakiro doesn't counter him....in any way

As Sando said, he is a good counter for obvious reasons. Not only Ice Path can waste almost half of Chronosphere's duration, but also Macropyre can potentially make him to abandon killing enemy heroes in Chrono, if Jakiro will put his ultimate onto his teammates. Since Jakiro is a ranged support with great harass, he can make him cry during laning stage and destroy his farm ( Liquid Fire slows attack speed). I don't like how you state each of your opinion like it's the only truth and everyone else is dumb (even if you are often right).

Another decent counter to Faceless Void is Silencer. When you see Void Time Walking into your team, you have to quickly press "R" and kill him. Reflex is required.

Shadow Demon is great, not only 'cause of Disruption, but also Demonic Purge will be very helpful with chasing Faceless Void, since Time Walk cooldown isn't very short.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » July 9, 2014 4:43am | Report
I probably wouldn't go as far as a "good" counter, but he's ok. If you want definite counters - Tidehunter, Silencer, Bane, Naga Siren etc. Anyone with a good long range stun can at least help against Void, unless he goes BKB of course.

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » July 9, 2014 5:05am | Report
Sando wrote:

I probably wouldn't go as far as a "good" counter, but he's ok. If you want definite counters - Tidehunter, Silencer, Bane, Naga Siren etc. Anyone with a good long range stun can at least help against Void, unless he goes BKB of course.

Why would you even try to counterpick him, just buy casual Eul's - if he goes for BKB your counterpicks won't do anything anyway.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » July 9, 2014 5:30am | Report
Just pick disables against void and pay attention to the damn map, you have to expect a Chronosphere any time they engage you, although realistically it won't be off CD unless they wait for it to fight. Any carry that can be slippery with escapes like Spectral Dagger Blink Time Walk (just to name a few) you counter them with disables..ok common sense. Shadow Demon does work with farmed heroes using their strength against them, and increasing damage they take. Bane with Nightmare and fiends grip, Enfeeble as well to decrease their dps. Lion and Shadow Shaman multiple disables, big ultimates.
Bane is fantastic against carries in general, considering he can disable them through bkb, Doom is also a massive ability to consider having in your lineup. demonic purge]\ from [[shadow demon pretty much days oh bkb? Ha not.
It's all about the supporting cast gentlemen.
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » July 9, 2014 5:48am | Report
DzikaPanda wrote:

Why would you even try to counterpick him, just buy casual Eul's - if he goes for BKB your counterpicks won't do anything anyway.

Ahem Bane. Besides, a big benefit of all the others is that they screw up the rest of the opposition team during team fights, even if Void can run around in chrono with BKB - it certainly minimises the impact of Chrono, even if you can't stop Void casting it. Besides, forcing him to build BKB means he's been less effective in the earlier fights, and he's using time/farm/slot on an item that doesn't do much for his damage or AS.

AM I think needs more counterpicks, or at least counter items. He's very hard to stop without sufficient silence/stun.

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cataclysm2146 » July 9, 2014 6:08am | Report
AM isnt the hardest carry, but he requires less care earlygame and farmes faster. You use him like a carry Alchemist- outfarm everybody else and win before anybody else gets their items.

Cataclysm2146

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved