Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Why Anti-Mage isn't the best hard carry.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Why Anti-Mage isn't the best hard carry. 44 posts - page 5 of 5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 16, 2014 3:12am | Report
Sando wrote:

The "if used right" goes for pretty much ANY power in the game thou, right? :). Although I agree the trapping team mates too thing does mean that it requires more care - but that's the trade off for a massive AOE magic immunity busting stun up to 6 seconds duration, right?

The point I'm trying to make is that the Void is not necessarily the threat in this situation - the right allies utilising the chrono effect are likely to be far more damaging than the void until late game when he gets serious farm. For example, would you think Reverse Polarity is **** because Magnus doesn't usually have massive damage output?

Sometimes it's all about the synergy - as particular support heroes I'll practically wet myself at the thought of a half decent chrono giving me time to dish out serious ulty damage that the enemy can't possibly avoid - Chain Frost, Death Ward and Macropyre are just a few examples, and DAMN, they're deadly given that kind of situation.

I do take your point about n00b voids jumping 1 hero though - so yeah, but that's n00bs, right? And yeah, I also try to counter Chronosphere in a lot of the same ways - long ranged stuns to stop him inflicting damage. Bane is particularly good, even if he gets a BKB.

Although not a carry, another example of an ultimate which is really powerful if used right is Crystal Maidens ult. If an enemy was hit by every explosion it would deal about 21000 damage :OO

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » July 16, 2014 6:14am | Report
I don't think Single Man Chrono's are that bad when you first hit Level 6, and in the times till Teamfights start breaking out, so long as they are smart pick-offs. I mean, at that point Void isn't really strong enough to take out multiple people in a Chrono, and kills do provide him with some farm.

Obviously One Man Chrono's on supports in the late game are more of a waste, though it can be worth it if it's the right support. Some supports have game-changing abilities even in the late game, and getting them out so you can deal with the carry 5 vs say 3, can win team-fights.

But as was said, it all comes down to using it correctly.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by JO3MWHIT3 » July 25, 2014 10:52am | Report
What do you mean by 'best'?
JOEMWHITE :>
-PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO CHECK OUT MY GUIDES
-PHANTOM LANCER
-MUCH LANCE, LITTLE PHANTOM
-IM JOE IF YOU DIDNT ALREADY KNOW
-IM A POET AND I DIDNT KNOW IT! :O

JO3MWHIT3

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by qark » August 7, 2014 12:33am | Report
Anti Mage is not hard carry, he is more like semi hard carry, in late game he is easily raped by true hard carrys like spectre, tb, medusa, void, pl, ck, sven and more...

qark

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved