Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Spectre item builds.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Spectre item builds. 25 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by undeadsasuke34 » April 12, 2015 6:59pm | Report
Im mostly a support and a mid player, and i started playing carry for 2 months.I mastered Faceless Void, and i started having some issues about my Spectre item build.Radiance, Heart, Butterfly, Difiusal Blade, Manta, Daedalus are some of the most often item choices, but i wanna discuss with you about some other item choices. What about a Battle Fury? Why it isn't a good item on Spectre? Or why it is? What item should be replaced in order to get a Battle Fury on Spectre? An Eye of Skadi is good? What about a Basher into an Abyssal?

undeadsasuke34

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » April 13, 2015 12:38am | Report
Battle Fury is terrible. The reason it's good on Anti-Mage is because he has an easy way to jump between creeps quickly, pushing and farming and what have you. Spectre can't do that. Radiance is the farming item, and it's gotten because it also boosts your ult. Don't go for it as anything other than a first item, and get it before 20 mins or don't bother.

Daedalus is actually a no-no, as there are much better items to get. What I personally go for assuming perfect farm is Radiance > HotD > Manta > Satanic > Skadi > Butterfly > Travels > Abyssal. It's unorthodox but works well.

Obviously, the reason you get Heart is because of Dispersion. Satanic follows the same principle but has a bit more utility and (arguably) increases your EHP more. Skadi is GREAT. It allows her easier chasing and grants boatloads of stats which as an illusion hero she loves.

For the same reason, ie chasing, Abyssal is also a great item. The reason you don't get Daedalus is because Spectre's rightclicks are actually rather weak with poor primary stat gain, at least comparative to other carries. While illusions can crit, your crits won't be game-changing as if a Terrorblade or someone. Abyssal gives comparable damage on the main Hero and the utility of the item is too good, especially on Spectre who does a lot of chasing.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » April 13, 2015 7:09am | Report
heh heh heh heh

"mastered faceless void"

He

he

haha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by William » April 13, 2015 8:11am | Report
You already have a farm accelerator on Spectre in the form of your Radiance. It also has the added benefit of spreading to every one of your illusions from Haunt in a teamfight.

William

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (7)
Steam: Bill
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » April 13, 2015 8:53am | Report
Radiance is the typical farming choice for Spectre as highlighted above along with it helping your illusions during fights.

Now something that I discovered which is a more battle style build which surprisingly works;
Phase Boots>> Mask of Madness>> Diffusal Blade>> Sange and Yasha
so you have move speed, phasing through units, atk speed and a bit of extra damage. So really you ult, find a lone hero and kill them. Rinse repeat and get fat.
But really I tend to go stat build on Spectre which is; skadii, manta, diffusal, treads, heart, butterfly.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ElDiablo » April 13, 2015 9:19am | Report
Battle Fury is a absolute waste of money on Spectre because she doesn't have a blink or a blink kinda ability that could help her farm faster.

Radiance is a good item on Spectre because it helps with farming and your illusion also get the aura so it's basicly free damage in team fight. If you want to get Radiance you need to rush it. If you don't ave your Radiance 20 in game you should just forget it and move to some other build.

I myself am pretty bad at farming so i don't even try to get the Radiance and use this build instead: Power Treads -> Drum of Endurance -> Diffusal Blade -> Manta Style -> some other items. That build lets you be more effective in earlier stages of the game and that's the reason i go for it.
Master of the hidden art of typoing and the greatest enemy of RNGesus

Check out my second hero idea Izinaga the Guardian

ElDiablo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (10)
Steam: ElDiablo
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Swixcap » April 14, 2015 3:54pm | Report
I've been experimenting and "researching" Spectre for a some time now. He has become my favourite carry as his item build and play style is actually quite variable and situational. This is the build set-up I currently use: SPECTRE BUILD (I hope you can access that..)

There are basically three ways of building him based on which part of the game you aim to win: Late game -> hard carry build; mid game -> cookie cutter build; or early game -> snowballer/hunter build. All three are included in the build above.

Radiance is of course great if you get it early, but it restricts you to a more passive farming build and game. The Farmer build is great if you have heroes that can defend the early and mid game, allowing you to grow into a full blown killing machine at around 45 minutes. The Cookie cutter build focus more on the mid game and is the all around safe build. It's popular in pro games as well, and feature the typical Diffusal + Manta. My personal favourite is the Hunter build with Mask of Madness. It requires more elegant play, but turns Spectre into a fierce early/mid-game snowballer carry, the like of Juggernaut.

End note: Always get Eye of Skadi over Heart of Tarrasque, it gives more EHP, better illusions, bkb-piercing slow - it is much better.
This is my signature. This is my dotabuff.

Swixcap

Notable (7)
Steam: Cube
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Swixcap » April 14, 2015 8:21pm | Report
I want to add another note: Spectre basically has three stages of her game, which dictates her item choices. Besides constantly farming, you should focus on: Safe last hitting, in the early game; ganking, in the mid game; carrying, in the late game. Thus:

In the early game, sustain, attack damage/farming capability and escape options are most important, to allow you to get last hits properly without dying. --> Get: Poor Man's Shield, Phase boots, (Vanguard), (Radiance), and a level of Spectral Dagger.

In mid game, attack speed and chasing capability is key, to enable effective ganks with Haunt and exploit Desolate to do damage.
--> Get: Drum, Diffusal, (Mask of madness) and Manta Style (illusion gets Desolate damage too).

Late game, stats and EHP (effective health points) are what you want - making your illusions stronger and maximizing Dispersion damage. --> Get: Skadi, Butterfly, Heart
This is my signature. This is my dotabuff.

Swixcap

Notable (7)
Steam: Cube
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » April 15, 2015 7:18am | Report
SPECTRE IS A SHE!!
A SHE *******IT!
WAY TO. SPOIL HER!!

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » April 15, 2015 7:54am | Report
Spectre is undefined gender, even if it has a femaleish voice.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved