Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Post Your Game Stats Here

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Post Your Game Stats Here 422 posts - page 39 of 43
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » July 8, 2016 2:05am | Report
Thanks for the explanation, now that we know that your definition of being nice is "be silent and do my best" it makes sense XD

Being nice in dota is not that, indeed, but it's something else that it's a waste of time to describe here since we clearly disagree.

Anyhow I don't insta mute those people cause my experience is the opposite of yours: when I'm solo and people are friendly since the start of the game they usually remain so, and when they aren't we know about that quick enough. And I've won a fair ammount of games from behind because we just kept putting the morale of each other up and I directed the team without sounding like some arrogant jerk (which is not that hard honestly, you just have to be polite in the sentences you write and show that your main goal is to win and not to trash others/have a good looking score board).

Different styles I guess.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » July 8, 2016 2:13am | Report
Can you guys not make dotofire a warplace? Friendly teasing is fine, but this just makes me think you guys had a relationship, broke up, and now are constantly at each other's throats.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » July 8, 2016 2:25am | Report
I'm glad your experience is better than mine(and many other people too, I know some players who are 100% with me on this), usually I have to mute such people at the very start of the game because they start *****ing over hero pick/starting items/whatever.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » July 8, 2016 3:39am | Report
Dimony please help me prove that no, we didn't have a relationship XD that's like the third time someone uses some analogy with dating with me on dotafire, maybe cause I'm a girl?

But yea, people complaining about what you pick or buy is very irritating, I can imagine. I tend to not do that at all, I only comment on someone's choices if they are really, really bad and impactful for thae team (like some random Axe I had with a Sange and Yasha once and no Blink Dagger, or recently a Sand King that refused to get mobility as well). And in that case I ask politely for them to buy the item needed after and I explain why. Sometime it works, they see the light.

Masaaki, none of us is going at each other or something, it's clear we just disagree on what it means/takes to be nice or considered nice in Dota games. If we can't disagree on this as well, huh... We can't really never comment on anything in dota fire again unless it is to say "you're so right blabla"?

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » July 8, 2016 5:32am | Report
ChiChi wrote:

If we can't disagree on this as well, huh... We can't really never comment on anything in dota fire again unless it is to say "you're so right blabla"?

feelsbadman

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » July 8, 2016 7:22am | Report
It's not that you argue, it's HOW you argue. The tone both of you use seems like you guys are at each other's throats all the time. And yes, I know you guys didn't date, I just have a very unimaginative mind and can only think of that analogy.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » July 8, 2016 7:37am | Report
For the sake of restoring everyone's faith in humanity, I never had the experience of people going "hey guys let's win this game / let's have fun" and then turning into complete ******* flamers afterwards. On the contrary I've always found that the kids with anger management issues are pretty easy to spot from the get-go.

My way is to have fun with everybody that's a decent human being (and there are more that you might think, even if it's only ~30% of the bunch that's good enough), but having an easily triggered and permanent mute button when needed.

Also Dimony and Chichi if you really want to act like crazy ex's you need to hug from time to time as well between each argument :)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » July 8, 2016 8:00am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Also Dimony and Chichi if you really want to act like crazy ex's you need to hug from time to time as well between each argument :)

Arg noooo what crazy ex's are you talking about Hamster XD ok ok I will stop disagreeing with Dimony for ever if this is the price to pay (extra points for not having commented on his patch changes). I actually have a very good friendship relationship with an ex now and we never fight (nor hug afterwards XD), so yes, it's better than me and Dimony if we want to look at it like that.

Meanwhile sorry for the tone masaaki, but we're passionate portuguese and russian people, what can we do...

To compensate, here is another game where my 10-0 CM carried me:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2484485536

Credits to Janitsu!

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » July 8, 2016 11:19am | Report
Ah, ****, did I start a flame war? Sorry, was too busy playing Pokemon Go to notice XD

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by plaq » July 8, 2016 11:48am | Report

just a average low 3k game (based on ppl with visible mmr), decided to try timber... AM raged on Lina (she "killstealed") to afk whole match - he went to kill one creep every 5minutes to not abandon. After we successfully def and started to push their raxes, Pudge raged and disconnected... Storm feeding like there's no tommorow...
haven't played such a disturbing and ******ed game in weeks (I usually only play party and haven't calibrated solo yet... so I have to play unranked)

plaq

Notable (3)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved