Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Huskar's place in the competitive scene

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >>
Forum
Forum » General Discussion » Huskar's place in the competitive scene 87 posts - page 3 of 9

Poll Question:

What do you think Huskar's place is in the competitive scene?
Situational #1 Position
Semi-Carry/Ganker (core hero)
Niche Hero
Occasional Ban by Nuke-Heavy teams
Cellar Dweller (Not even worth a respect ban)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » December 27, 2014 10:53pm | Report
i like how u said chivas.
Been drinking in new year spirit bro?

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » December 27, 2014 10:59pm | Report

Ult still does good damage though, the problem is getting it off. Blink Dagger Huskar?
His rightclicks are still fine, he can take a good chunk off of a bkb carry's hp before going down, especially after ult. Problem is if he wants to do that he needs a bkb too. He would be able to initiate with ult, bkb, damage the enemy carry severly, and then die. Seconds later, after the enemy carry's bkb expires, his team jumps in.

Huskar should not be the one initiating unless it's a sure kill, even if it looks that way (with the dunk and all -_-"); that's how one gets focused and die. The problem is surviving after using the ult or trying to stay in close proximity of enemy targets regardless if he has BKB. That's probably one of the reasons why Icefrog buffed Inner Vitality regen rate and the ability to use on a BKB target. Anybody remember how strong Huskar was when he could orb-walk in ghost form? He could survive and the timing when Huskar got Ghost Scepter, nobody had BKB yet so he could go all out in that 5 seconds of virtual immortality.

Late late game, bkb gets burned out and crowd control takes over again in the form of sheep stick carriers. Players who can kite well drcide the fight and those who can pressure the enemy to defend against pushers decide the match.
Huskars magic damage should not be frowned up on at this time if the game has progressed this far.
Of course this means you need a harder carry, and huskaar being played as a semi support.

Kyphoid, seriously, you really need to stop with these type of comments. That is something anybody can say for most heroes, you can replace Huskar with Lina or Lion or Skywrath or Zeus for example and that sentence would still work. You consistently repeat general information in a lot of threads that is very easy to say but when it comes down to a detailed discussion of mechanics or why someone might do this or that you are not able to offer anything past face value.

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » December 27, 2014 11:21pm | Report
Hence my. Point.
There are players that provide utility all game and huskar peaks and drops off abruptly.
What is general about providing intense DoT with nurning spears?
I can't think of skywrath or lion or lina like that.
Venomancer comes close but his style is different.
I stated a fact and built on it by providing my insight on how huskar can be a good#4. You didnt see my build? Didnt see how I stated huskar needs to be martyr. Even if i say wrong i do have an opinion. Merely saying that i generalized doesnt dilute my opinion which still stands. Kindly see my previous posts.

Seriously dissapointed with you thinking that i copy pasta.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 27, 2014 11:31pm | Report
I guess support Huskar could work, all patches tend to make him less and less level dependent so he doesn't "need" solo mid. Now Life Break is great at only level 1, and Berserker's Blood is good with only 1 value point in it as well. You can just max Burning Spear and you get a very strong level 7 hero. He still kinda needs items though, in competitive supports have really zero items, but since in pubs supports can get tons of farm I think it's at least a viable pub strat.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 27, 2014 11:48pm | Report
best way to play Huskar IMO is as a solo hero in a lobby with no opposite heroes.But there is still a chance that he may lose >.> ._.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 27, 2014 11:48pm | Report
best way to play Huskar IMO is as a solo hero in a lobby with no opposite heroes.But there is still a chance that he may lose >.> ._.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » December 28, 2014 12:17am | Report
Kody's drunk
100% confirmed.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » December 28, 2014 12:46am | Report

Hence my. Point.
There are players that provide utility all game and huskar peaks and drops off abruptly.
What is general about providing intense DoT with nurning spears?
I can't think of skywrath or lion or lina like that.
Venomancer comes close but his style is different.
I stated a fact and built on it by providing my insight on how huskar can be a good#4. You didnt see my build? Didnt see how I stated huskar needs to be martyr. Even if i say wrong i do have an opinion. Merely saying that i generalized doesnt dilute my opinion which still stands. Kindly see my previous posts.

Seriously dissapointed with you thinking that i copy pasta.

No Venomancer's playstyle is incredibly different from Huskar, the only thing they have that's similar is a DoT. What I'm having a problem is that those type of comments add nothing, it doesn't add to your previous comments. That "insight" is very broad and can be applied to any hero that does magic damage. You talk about the end game but not the journey to get there; only mention broad scenarios but never past that face-value. Was this not a discussion about Huskar's place in the competitive scene and to discuss some possible reasons to why Huskar is barely picked, if at all?

It's like adding a sauce that has no taste nor any nutritional value. You lack experience to provide insight, with or without that comment your other comments would stand on it's own. Compare Cataclysm2146's comment to your comment that I responded to, there's room for more discussion as we're talking about his damage and survival. Your comment is just a generalization of a situation that lacks depth of information, it's surprisingly similar to the times you first came to this forum.

It's like you have this incessant need to provide a philosophical generalization that is strangely parallel to the trolling when you first came to the forums. You have yet to play Huskar so what experience do you have to provide that can not be drawn from other people's experience? Now I would like to continue a discussion of Huskar's place in the competitive scene without useless information.

So let's talk about your comment then about what needs to change Huskar

He needs his ulti buffed so that the damage from ulti goes thru spell immunity.
That way he can be a viable situational #4 mek carrier that can die to weaken the enemy carry late game. I would say that his inner vitality needs a buff too. That threshold is too low to work in tight situations where he just might get crit down late game. Make it so that it constantly gives regen if your hp is lower than 80%..

Id say his burning spears is rather good. While magic damage is made light of in late game, a non bkb carry does fear his DoT from this ability, it does seriously hurt supports and seriously irritates a carry. There was a time he could ghost scepter and then maul a harder carry. Burning spear ia the center point to huskar, even if some may acknowledge his 1st skill it is weak imo

Huskar needs to be played as a martyr, the same mentality as huskar actually has, to die for good, making his cause a success, even if he dies.

How does buffing his ultimate make him a "viable situational" mek carrier and how does one correlate with the other? Why does he need to die to weaken the enemy carry late game (that contradicts btw), why not try to survive and win the mid game at most? Inner Vitality does constantly heal you, the amount of heal adjusts to how much hp you currently have, you just get a big bonus when below a threshold. However I do agree to increase the threshold but not at an absurd 80%, 50-60% is a lot safer and balanced.

Where did you get the idea that magic damage is made light in the late game? If your only source of damage is from your hard carry then you're going to have a bad time. Why does Burning Spear seriously hurt a support but only irritate a carry? Why does he need to be played as a martyr, why can't he be aggressive but try and survive?

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 28, 2014 1:31am | Report
On:the main problem with huskar is that he can either be a glass cannon or an irritating semi-supportish kinda guy,and does not do good either way.

In my opinion, making Huskar's already strong early game a little stronger might work wonders as,lets be honest, a 6-slotted Huskar can't do **** against a 3-slotted Faceless Void.

in competitive scene, Huskar as of now is non-existent because of the meta being farm oriented and the surge in late-game supports such as Ogre Magi and Vengeful Spirit and Earthshaker who have solid stuns and seriously **** up Huskar's early game.

needs big overhaul IMO. Huskar and Sniper suck.

OFF: someone i know procured 2 bottles of goldshlager,3 bottles of moonshine(yeah i know) and 3 cartons of beer; so right now I'm

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 28, 2014 1:53am | Report
Berserker's Blood has active components, when used, gives Huskar max stack of the buff and renders him magic immune for 4 seconds. Can only be used if huskar has only 50% or less health left.

Or..

inner vitality grants the affected unit magic immunity if used at the health threshold. (40%)

Might be OP
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >>
Forum

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved