Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Huskar's place in the competitive scene

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >>
Forum
Forum » General Discussion » Huskar's place in the competitive scene 87 posts - page 7 of 9

Poll Question:

What do you think Huskar's place is in the competitive scene?
Situational #1 Position
Semi-Carry/Ganker (core hero)
Niche Hero
Occasional Ban by Nuke-Heavy teams
Cellar Dweller (Not even worth a respect ban)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Janitsu » December 30, 2014 8:19am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Check out my spoiler. I just can't type that letter.

np you can copypasta that from me next time <3

Janitsu
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (74)
Steam: Cottontail Teemo
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » December 30, 2014 8:41am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Huskar eh... Here it goes. My opinion on the thread is that quality wise it's not worth more than a pidgeon taking a ****.

The thread was started by me, what were you expecting?

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » December 30, 2014 9:05am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

My first post here in a long time. If this doesn't stop, I'll grab the Mjollner and smack you both as equals.

The discussion so far isn't bad and IMO needs to keep going at least for our little community. Is a good read unless it derails into name-calling. It's a good idea for others to look at our conversations, especially this one. If the thread poops down to name-calling and the such then please lock the thread.

You remember when you posted a thread on howyou and one of your steam got into a fight because how he fed and you tried to discipline him?

I'm guessing you mean one of my ex steam friends? How did I try and discipline him? Reread that thread again because you go further into this discussion about what's morally right or wrong. I was not there to discipline him, there was no point. I wanted him to realize how much of a **** he was being and how much of a condescending *** he was to everyone in the party. He also touted himself being very experienced when one party member (don't remember if it was one of my other steam friends) jokingly said he was so good. Why are you cherry picking information?

Here is the thread for anyone that wants to view it. Pretty sure I made my intentions clear for my post.

Just saying there is something wrong with your demeanor and you need to fix that.
Dont tell me i play victim ok?
I am trying to politely end an argument that you are elongating.
Your arguement that you challange someones thought process is utterly wrong, its more like you assume what they say and start your own ramble. It feels like an attack more than a stern advice.

That is not how you "politely" end an argument, if I'm elongating it then you're the chewing gum of the post. Stop trying to put it all on me and yes, you did play victim. Reread your post. I know it feels like an attack because you're taking it personally and I've said that. You make general statements like these:

He needs his ulti buffed so that the damage from ulti goes thru spell immunity.
That way he can be a viable situational #4 mek carrier that can die to weaken the enemy carry late game. I would say that his inner vitality needs a buff too. That threshold is too low to work in tight situations where he just might get crit down late game. Make it so that it constantly gives regen if your hp is lower than 80%..

Id say his burning spears is rather good. While magic damage is made light of in late game, a non bkb carry does fear his DoT from this ability, it does seriously hurt supports and seriously irritates a carry. There was a time he could ghost scepter and then maul a harder carry. Burning spear ia the center point to huskar, even if some may acknowledge his 1st skill it is weak imo

Huskar needs to be played as a martyr, the same mentality as huskar actually has, to die for good, making his cause a success, even if he dies.

Late late game, bkb gets burned out and crowd control takes over again in the form of sheep stick carriers. Players who can kite well drcide the fight and those who can pressure the enemy to defend against pushers decide the match.
Huskars magic damage should not be frowned up on at this time if the game has progressed this far.
Of course this means you need a harder carry, and huskaar being played as a semi support.

Of course I'd want to challenge that, it's so broad that on it's own it doesn't add to the topic unless you elaborate. This also doesn't mean I don't understand what you're trying to say when I ask you to go further with your discussion. Again why are you assuming I don't know nor understand what you're saying and what makes you think I don't understand that hero better than you?

You talk of mentioning data or micro mechanics, tell me what others do mention that qualifies as data?
I still stand that huskar is not picked because he needs something more, an ulti buff perhaps . If he is buffed, pro team can consider picking him.

You're literally going around in circles, I can ask that same question to you with where you are getting those facts from:

I supplement my opinions with facts that make sense to me. It is your right to grill me if it doesnt make sense.
How does a greenhorn learn? By making mistakes thats how!
If by some chance i stop posting because i think it wont make sense to the vets here i should rather stop posting.

My thoughts are that pros can play him as a mek holder that has a good ulti if hes buffed. Since mek build is already good on him and #4 can build a mek, it complements huskar's position in a team as a mek holder. He heals self and allies with it after a fight.
He can be in front lines taking and dealing damage to enemies and healing allies. Although it is indeed counterproductive for mek holders to be in fore front, i think huskar can survive for more than enough to pop mekansm.
Even if he becomes fodder late game, he still has that buffed ulti that is a danger to the enemy.
This was my thesis on making huskar a bit more popular in pro scene.

Ok sure he can be a Mek holder, I'm not disagreeing with you and I've said that. You're again repeating yourself like I don't understand what you're trying to say, I've made my response to it and it seems like you're just ignoring it but you then complain that I'm not "empathizing" with your opinions? Why am I repeating myself? Are you trolling again?

I am not disagreeing with building a bkb or CG on him. I was suggesting that he could be a situational pick because of his ulti buff, considering how he is a cellar dweller aside from being a counter to nuke heavy teams.

Of course you're not disagreeing with BKB or CG on him because you originally asked me how does CG correlate with a buffed ult. So I'm giving you my reasoning for why Crimson Guard would work for Huskar's ultimate. Here's the post where you asked that question:

Again , i said nothing in my quote that points to me correlating mek with his supposed ulti buff. Let me ask you ,how crimson guard can do better than mek in case his ulti is buffed? . And about BKB, i already have said that BKB is indeed a requisite on him, but what of it in case his ulti is buffed? is there a correlation to it?

Are you forgetting your own comments you make? It's like your forgot why I mentioned it in the first place and then you respond to it like that wasn't the case.

Hence my thoughts that he only irritates carries(depending on snowball or not) . If his ulti is buffed that dmg slices thru spell immunity, he can become a consistent pick.

Sure, if his ult gets buffed he'll probably see a lot more play. One of the problems I had was you saying if Huskar's ult was buffed that is when Mek is viable. I've responded to that by saying regardless if his his ult is buffed or not, he'll still be a viable mek carrier... even though I'd rather have another player get it instead and have Huskar focus on other core items. Another idea to your idea, how is this hard to understand?

I am completely okay with the facts you presented. But where is the grace and empathy that a learned player is supposed to possess?

This here is a simple but prime example of you trying to manipulate the conversation in a direction I do not want to go. I'm here discussing and challenging your ideas but you instead feel threatened. I get your points and MULTIPLE people including responded to that idea. You keep going back to it because you think I'm not empathizing with you whereas that's not the case.

I don't wish to quite or pinpoint any specific sentence that i found rude or displaying a ridiculing attitude, but stop your assumptions.
You start questioning without understanding the situations i am advising a build in.

Ironic, why are you assuming I don't understand your "advisement" of the build? How arrogant and manipulative of you.

I haven't said you cant buy a smoke and not gank. You bring in variables into my arguement and try to turn that against me whereas that variable can be brought into any arguement without actually providing any input to that piece of arguement.

So what I'm saying is not input but your "insights" are valid. Does this confirm your arrogance? Dota is a game full of those variables that make a hero.

Everything is situational in high level gameplay. Items need to be adapted, and so does hero gameplay.
So stop your unidirectional thinking and attacking each statement as if i say it as an objective truth, i dont. That was what ticked me off.

You've already responded saying your comments are factual opinions, right? So I'm responding to those factual opinions with my own so the difference is that I'm not imagining these circumstances and I have a much stronger understanding of the game than you. If anything add me and we'll play some games together.

Dont become the kyfoid nubtrain.

I don't understand, I'm not like you nor am I even close to what you did when you came to the forums. You're again being manipulative. I know you said you're trying to separate yourself from that old image but how you talk and think from that "old kyfoid" is not that different. That person IS you, whether or not you're trolling; how you think and respond has an incredible resemblance. This thread is a VERY big example of how you think.

You are a good mentor afaik. You can always have something to argue with me and i will be okay since it adds to my knowledge. Next thing i know m gonna play a lot if huskar to understand more and come back to ask questions from you

Ok, thanks

But just bear in mind, how will you feel if someone tells you off without giving you a chance to explain?

I did give you a chance to explain nor was I trying to stop you from expressing your points. The whole point of our discussion was to think and talk things through. The hell? I even ASKED you to explain further because your comment lacked explanation.

Challenging thought process and criticising are two things that are worlds apart.

Have you never had your work or ideas criticized or become a center of critic? How you think translates to your work or ideas and whoever is viewing it will provide their response to it. This is a very normal thing you see in both professional and amateur works, heavily emphasized in art related majors.

There are two types of people who respond to the critics: One that takes critic professional and personally. So far, you're the latter that takes it negatively.

If you feel m inexperienced or that my thoughts are the same as before., i will prove you wrong in the near future.

Ok, keep improving. That should be the only direction. Nobody here is trying stop you. So when you get to the point that you're good and have a strong understanding of the game, reread our conversation.

For those that don't want to read above

The problem I'm seeing with you Kyphoid is that you're unable to refine the thoughts of your experiences and properly think things through. So when having a discussion, you keep repeating AND argue against yourself (I have evidence in previous comments). You're also assuming other people, mainly myself that they have no understanding of what you're trying to say or do and that I'm not "empathizing" (?) with you.

You present an idea, somebody will respond to it. Nobody with the right experience should be making broad statements, where discussed further won't go far, like you did (evidence of you constantly repeating that same info) but you constantly do it throughout our conversation. However you're touting that you have an understanding but it's only to the extent of your own ignorance. You're taking my responses as an attack, whereas I'm just challenging your ideas and discussing it further. When I'm challenging ones' idea that doesn't mean I want to kill it and stop it. I've repeatedly said that on multiple occasions.

Safecyn wrote:

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."

--Confucius

Was this not quote you so agree with? Ironic isn't it?

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » December 30, 2014 9:11am | Report
I agree with nubtrain.
Thats all i say.
resolving conflicts with nubtrain

Perhaps i now know the limits of ignorance, hopefully next thread we can have a better discussion.
Here have a quote e from me
" there are 2 kinds of ignorance. One is ill-known and the other ill-presented.

What i take away from here is that improper representation is equated with ignorance, worse, it leaves you bitter for you know what was wrong and you still couldnt convey what you meant. "
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 30, 2014 9:40am | Report
kt;dr

:)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » December 30, 2014 9:45am | Report
Kt;dr = k thx didnt read? Kappa thread didn't read? Me thread didnt read?
Or somethin else?
If you didnt see this coming you fell for it
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 30, 2014 2:56pm | Report
kappa
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » December 30, 2014 3:09pm | Report
And I'm just siting here spectating. Good thing I didn't got into this.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 30, 2014 3:38pm | Report
Wow the twist is too great my head hurt aghaglabhag

Wow this completely cheer me up. Im so pissed right now, my cat just **** all over me in my sleep (dont even laugh).
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » December 30, 2014 3:40pm | Report
Unscathed wrote:

my cat just **** all over me in my sleep

wat

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >>
Forum

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved