Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

how did i draft? plus after this game i love Dota even more...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » how did i draft? plus after this game i love Dota even more... 16 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » April 8, 2014 12:16pm | Report
Seems like it worked out for you but had the other team run aggro tri (what I would have done) they would have crushed your trilane. Shackles on Tiny plus Chilling Touch is a dead Tiny every time.

Though it seems like one of those games where the draft is irrelevent because every single hero in that game has a questionable skill/item build.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » April 8, 2014 12:56pm | Report
Tim, I was mainly arguing about the Blade Mail which is, most of the time, a bad item if gotten too late (i.e. after the Bloodstone) because of the enemy BKBs. But since Void was far from faming a BKB and Timber managed to get the BM in very little time, it was actually a good decision.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by JaboChepelski » April 8, 2014 1:42pm | Report
Timber player could save himself 1000 gold and break down those arcanes for the energy orb instead of having both arcanes and bloodstone. Don't really need them, also allows you to build up a pair of treads or in most cases BoT.

JaboChepelski

Steam: [☭Comrade☭] JabØ Chepelsk
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » April 8, 2014 5:23pm | Report
first off, Thanks guys :) really appreciate the feedback and your right about the Venomancer skill build ... He doesnt play veno much and we kind "pushed" him into it since i felt we needed him in our tri-lane.

ill try and explain some choices ...

i was very reactive this draft just trying to counter pick instead of having a clear strategy before hand.

Tiny was my fourth pick, since they still had not chosen their mid hero and they just picked a Faceless Void and i needed a Hard Carry that could survive inside a Chronosphere and come out swinging. plus someone with sustain and stuns, i was tossing up between a Sven and Tiny but "NOOOOB" has a better win rate with tiny so we went with him instead.

i wanted to pick Io and place him in a safe lane position with Tiny and Keeper of the Light and place Venomancer Mid but they banned him out. :(

The Keeper of the Light pick...

"Beserka" who played KoTL plays him a lot and does well with him, he has an unorthodox skill build but surprisingly works, plus i have been in the same mind frame as Peppo, but i wanted to place Keeper of the Light with tiny for some time but i also saw the negatives. that's why i wanted to run Io Keeper of the Light Tiny in a safe lane tri lane ... the regen would be insane and in lane sustain would be very good. plus for Relocate ganks if tiny got untethered before the return Keeper of the Light could Recall him back so he wouldn't be caught out of position. i think that with those two Tiny would be very scary appearing everywhere at anytime. the mobility would be crazy.

now for my skill build in my Timbersaw ... when i run solo off timber against a Tri-lane i put a point in Reactive Armor and then i base the rest of my build SOLELY on how they act in lane ... if they are aggressive i go for a escape and sustain build, and if they are cautious i go for, what i like to call "Crazy Flying Monkey of Steel and Sharp Slicey things" which is what i went this game since they were very cautious and allowed me last hits and denies and didn't pull the lane at all... thank god for small mercies haha... anyway i went this skill build because i knew i could get an easy kill in 5-8 mins (which i did) i wanted the triple but i just didn't have the mana :( ... i usually breakdown my arcanes but i felt since i knew i would be teleporting across the map like crazy that i would need the mana sustain, plus you can never have too much mana ;) ...

They picked Faceless Void fourth, i kind of expected either him, or another Hard Carry with a semi decent Team fight ... i honestly was expecting a Carry Magnus mid (no idea why i was since it doesn't fit in anywhere but my mind is weird sometimes haha) ... also Faceless Void was bad in lane .. horrible skill choices and item choices and his last hitting was ... "uninstall" worthy ...

Now for the Silencer Mid ... they picked Tinker last and i wanted to lane a Puck or Ember Spirit but since Ember isn't in Captains mode and Winten doesn't play Puck (Much) i thought about it and suggested Silencer ... heres my reasons.

Curse of the Silent maxed would force Tinker to use a spell or lose both mana and HP and when he did knowing he is horribly mana dependent he would then be starved for mana in lane, with Last Word he would be burst down a bit and silenced in any confrontations over runes and Tinker silenced is a useless Tinker. the Global Silence works well for Team fights not so much as a in fight activation but as an initiation, just before we go in, he pops Global Silence and we focus Faceless Void take him out and them mop up the rest, i know not the best play but it worked well in game.

honestly i just think we played better and forced them out of the game.

Cheers for all your feedback guys :D

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 9, 2014 12:54am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

i was very reactive this draft just trying to counter pick instead of having a clear strategy before hand.

Always have a plan. If you're not sure your friends can go with it, just run it by them before or while searching for a match.

Xyrus:Okay guys, here's the plan...
Rest of the Team: Aggressive Tri-Lane to shut down their Carry, with Global Ganks or Split-Push in our Safe Lane, and a Hero that dominates Mid Lane?!
Xyrus:How did you guess? 0_0

Smuggels wrote:

Now for the Silencer Mid ... they picked Tinker last and i wanted to lane a Puck or Ember Spirit but since Ember isn't in Captains mode and Winten doesn't play Puck (Much) i thought about it and suggested Silencer ... heres my reasons.

I thought they added him recently?

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » April 9, 2014 2:57am | Report
Ember Spirit is definitely in captains mode, he's a top ban/pick in the pro scene atm. Silencer looks like a damn good pick in this case, but Tinker in the right hands can still get his farm in and zone out silencer, March of the Machines to push the wave back, stack jungle and ancients, and still manage to get early bots. Pugna is much more punishing in mid against the hero because he can counter push the waves and punish Tinker with Nether Blast and Decrepify, throw up a decent Nether Ward and he's killing himself. Invoker can do some serious damage to him, Quas Exort for the early double fiends, and kill his tower after you force him back etc. I like the draft though, theirs was better to be honest, just the void pick wasn't very good, easy to cripple him early.
Kotl isn't great in this meta for more than pushing/counter pushing, but chakra magic works well with Tiny to keep him spitting damage out. The big thing in this meta is Lycanthrope. If he's available, pick him, babysit him while he farms, early Roshan, and destroy towers. Necronomicon and Howl mean dead heroes and towers. You win a teamfight and that's most likely 2 dead towers, force a response and it's a rax. He makes hard carries cry.
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved