Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

DotA 2 Smalltalk

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » DotA 2 Smalltalk 213 posts - page 3 of 22
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 4, 2016 5:36am | Report
you deal with invoker by going roaming support or an offlaner that can roam on him early even.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » April 4, 2016 6:32am | Report
Arcane Boots -> Blink Dagger -> Ag's is really really good on 4 position ES. Because Ag's and Blink have the proportionally biggest effects on your game impact. As a 3, you probably have space to stop off for an intermidary item after blink, but I don't any item has nearly as much impact as the Ag's does now that Ag's enables the pull as well as Enchant Remnant.

Since the point of Blink on the hero pre ag's is to give you more positioning opportunities. After that you can justify any utility item, but aura items and armour items are probably better. Greave's and Shiva's being prettydamn good.

Also OoV isn't valuable for harassing offlaners, OoV is valuable when you use Rolling Boulder on the enemy mid-laner at level 1 to kill them. But you don't technically need OoV for that if you can body block efficiently.

Because ES, despite being a 4 position, does not sit in lane zoning offlaners and pulling. ES gets **** done.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » April 4, 2016 6:38am | Report
invoker is a tough nut but not impossible.

there are three types/ways to deal with him.

1. pick a hero that he cant kill.

LC - apart from harass if an lc gets a quick bottle your not going to have a fun time against her as invoker. she purges coldsnap her Q does some serious damage when you add in forge spirits, and she can lock you down hard once she hits six.

puck - pre orchid there is not much an invoker can do to kill a puck.

brood - its brood

OD - evens and ifs.. depends on how well you play early game.

also silencer is godly against him with his new q

either he gets nothing extra from lane or you kill him but he doesnt start the game off with an advantage.

2. roam onto him. 90% of mid laners will be able to kill invoker with the help of a support. 2-1 pre level 7 on invoker and you will kill him. roam on him constantly and win your game. (5.2k avaerage game i landed 6 arrows on the enemy 5k invoker mid and our SF snowballed off that so hard he had a 15 min daedalus.)

3. mid game dominance. if you cant win mid and you know invoker is having a fantastic time then change tactics if go for early-mid game items and try and get map control quickly. group take towers and avoid fights when you know you will be weak. crush them before 30 and he will be easier to deal with.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by caine1232 » April 4, 2016 6:44am | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

Arcane Boots -> Blink Dagger -> Ag's is really really good on 4 position ES. Because Ag's and Blink have the proportionally biggest effects on your game impact. As a 3, you probably have space to stop off for an intermidary item after blink, but I don't any item has nearly as much impact as the Ag's does now that Ag's enables the pull as well as Enchant Remnant.

Since the point of Blink on the hero pre ag's is to give you more positioning opportunities. After that you can justify any utility item, but aura items and armour items are probably better. Greave's and Shiva's being prettydamn good.

Also OoV isn't valuable for harassing offlaners, OoV is valuable when you use Rolling Boulder on the enemy mid-laner at level 1 to kill them. But you don't technically need OoV for that if you can body block efficiently.

Because ES, despite being a 4 position, does not sit in lane zoning offlaners and pulling. ES gets **** done.

The OOV for zoning is good when you can't gank mid. You can't go gank qop without lvl 3 for example, it's just a waste of time. Then you have to do the zoning and pulling. But yes, the primary thing is slowing down enemies even more. Also, if you end up as a solo support (which often happens in pubs) you have no choice, you can't leave your spectre/carry to go gank. It's better to go even in the mid lane and do better in safe.
You really don't need blink for good positioning. The only real purpose of it is not wasting a remnant to roll forward. Yea you can blink around for a better position, but if you can play the hero well you will have good positioning from the start and won't need blink. Look at any pro earth spirit player. (iceiceice, kaka, jerax...)They NEVER buy blink as a first item and rarely do they buy it before aghs. Blink used to be good before aether lens came and before veil got buffed.

caine1232

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » April 4, 2016 7:07am | Report
What's the best binds for meepo?

And also, I use WASD for camera (ikr... such noob).

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » April 4, 2016 7:50am | Report
caine1232 wrote:

The OOV for zoning is good when you can't gank mid. You can't go gank qop without lvl 3 for example, it's just a waste of time. Then you have to do the zoning and pulling. But yes, the primary thing is slowing down enemies even more. Also, if you end up as a solo support (which often happens in pubs) you have no choice, you can't leave your spectre/carry to go gank. It's better to go even in the mid lane and do better in safe.

You really don't need blink for good positioning. The only real purpose of it is not wasting a remnant to roll forward. Yea you can blink around for a better position, but if you can play the hero well you will have good positioning from the start and won't need blink. Look at any pro earth spirit player. (iceiceice, kaka, jerax...)They NEVER buy blink as a first item and rarely do they buy it before aghs. Blink used to be good before aether lens came and before veil got buffed.

You can gank a level 1 QoP. QoP's don't usually go Blink at level 1, they go Shadow Strike. You either force them to level Blink level 1 (Minor laning win), or you get a kill. But semantics. I also would disagree with picking ES as a solo safe lane support in the first place, but yes in the event it happens you make the best of a bad situation by doing the usual supporting things, it's just a waste of the hero.

Hell, with the right mid-laner, it's arguably worth sacking your safe-lane to crush mid. Because the midlaner then creates the space for the safe-laner to catch-up/straight up carries the game them self.

And yeah, I checked to stats - You are right about Blink, I was mis-remembered the build order. But Blink first still isn't awful, since it enables more positioning options. Just as you said, Veil or Ag's first is more typical.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by caine1232 » April 4, 2016 12:28pm | Report
It's pubs we're talking about , I first pick ES, someone picks jungle LC, you know the rest. I
The QOP thing is as you said, a very minor win. Sometimes it is worth sacking the safelane for sure, but again, it's pubs we are talking about. That results in a lot of raging and feeding.
The hero would be SO much better in pubs if you could always get pos4...

caine1232

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » April 4, 2016 7:55pm | Report
Wait so this happens in higher levels of dota to? Being forced to play a silk support? Because that's what I am forced to do if I first pick him :\

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by caine1232 » April 4, 2016 10:08pm | Report
It happens everywhere because everyone can do anything they want in pubs and you can't stop them. There really are some people who IMO don't want to win and just play to screw around with others.

caine1232

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » April 4, 2016 11:12pm | Report
Got two drafts here. Would you guys mind checking it out?

http://dota2draft.the-cluster.org/show?op=r&fp=r&pick=ZJ0Zw1f1O2ZX2m0c0g2zc1J1&ban=ZKZCeMZSZmZsAZpZy (Radiant)

http://dota2draft.the-cluster.org/show?op=d&fp=d&pick=ZC0ZE2a1zd2zc0Zw4e2A1m1ZH0&ban=NZJZmpcZKIMZvZq (Dire)
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved