Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

DotA 2 Smalltalk

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » DotA 2 Smalltalk 213 posts - page 7 of 22
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » May 1, 2016 2:26pm | Report
If you don't want an enemy to pick Pudge, pick Abaddon (immediately), he can't kill you if he hooks you because of your ult, and he can't kill your allies because you'll shield them if they get dismembered.

If you don't want an allied pudge, pick Undying, because when you tombstone he can't hook anyone because of the zombies in the way.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » May 1, 2016 2:37pm | Report
The hardest counter to Pudge I can think of right now is to buy Aghs on an offlane Weaver.

An ally gets hooked? Just lapse him back. Purges the stun, 1000 cast range, 16 second cooldown.

No. fun. Allowed.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » May 1, 2016 3:08pm | Report
But then that means you went offlane Weaver with Aghs.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » May 1, 2016 3:21pm | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

But then that means you went offlane Weaver with Aghs.

Slahsers offlane Weaver got Bulldog to 7K. And his aghs is ultra legit.

Seriously whenever I see a weaver buy heart I think he could be buying aghs instead and have the strongest defensive support skill in the entire game, while also making the hero a better carry since he can use it twice in a teamfight.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » May 1, 2016 9:56pm | Report
Depends on playstyle, most carry weavers are still stuck thinking heart is always better than aghs. While it is true most of the time, aghs is a serious contender over heart, people underestimate the power of it.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » May 1, 2016 10:09pm | Report
Point is, if you are sitting at 50%hp for a while and are ganked,you use time lapse and you can only come back to 50% hp.
Aghs is rubbish on pos1 weaver and legit on no.2 onwards.

Think about it, carries need to be selfish in that way. Heart makes the bug man the **** up. Bug takes tower hits with impunity. Bug melts towers. Bugs likey heart

#thedarknessweaves.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » May 2, 2016 12:10am | Report
Sp3ctr3 wrote:

I played a game yesterday as Wraith King and I build an Eye of Skadi, is the item a good replacemt for a Heart of Tarrasque or the extra hp and strength in heart is just better?

Think of it this way, Heart is better at helping the player siege towers/raxes while Skadi is better in committed teamfights. Both can do the same things but they excel at certain things over the other.

Heart; the regen from Heart is too good to pass up in sieges since you're more likely to take in poke damage from spells and towers. If the enemy team decides to jump you; the extra hp from Heart in comparison to Skadi makes it much harder for someone to kill you. Thus they need a much bigger commitment of their resources to kill you. Heart is also good in long-drawn out teamfights since the extra 400hp and potential regen you get over Skadi can make or break you (mobile heroes like AM and Weaver take advantage of this).

Skadi; is better in teamfights and ganks since the slow effect is really strong at stopping heroes from being able to kite (Not to mention it is the MAIN reason why you would buy Skadi over Heart). Movement and positioning is one of the most important aspects of any fight; even more important than health imo. The overall stats are not bad but the movespeed and even the attack speed slow is something that cannot be overlooked when compared to Heart. Skadi is also good on heroes who need to stick to their targets and imo, is generally good on any hero who right clicks.

TL;DR
Heart: Excels in making your hero a durable punchbag and helps greatly in sieges (pushing lanes). Heart is better in drawn-out teamfights (like fights with buybacks during a siege) and better at surviving immediate danger.

Skadi: Better overall stats and excels at singling out heroes from kiting in any fight. Slow effect is important for heroes that need to stick to their target. Skadi has enough hp to for you to stand and fight. Enough HP/MP to engage in fights of any duration, with a good boost in attack speed and armor.

masaaki14 wrote:

Depends on playstyle, most carry weavers are still stuck thinking heart is always better than aghs. While it is true most of the time, aghs is a serious contender over heart, people underestimate the power of it.

They're both good at different things, you can still get Heart if you get aghs. It's just a matter of which one before the other if you want to get both though. Aghs is good at saving other people while Heart is better at sieging and surviving immediate danger. I would get aghs if there's another player that is far more important and is needed alive. I would get Heart if I needed to survive immediate danger; sometimes a Linkens is not enough. Another reason for Heart is to have the high hp regen if I needed to siege towers often and for longer periods of time. I would get both if I was doing what both items are good for.

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » May 2, 2016 1:31am | Report
Meanwhile I don't even care about countering Pudge. I literally just want to see other, more interesting heroes instead of the fatty in every single pub xD

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » May 2, 2016 6:43am | Report
Somebody wants to counter pudge?

Wow. He needs countering? Thats like say, you wanna counter NYX assassin with counterpick lineup.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheGhostReader » May 6, 2016 8:54am | Report
Hey guys i wanna ask.

Can Faceless Void Time Dilation freeze Invoke CD ? Just wondering...
I read what you wrote there buddy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

TheGhostReader

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved