Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

DotA 2 Smalltalk

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » DotA 2 Smalltalk 213 posts - page 1 of 22
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Janitsu » April 3, 2016 1:15pm | Report

Do you have anything that is related to DotA 2 but doesn't really need its own thread and would just derail other threads?

Here is the place you can post it! Anything small, DotA 2 related goes here :)!

Janitsu
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (74)
Steam: Cottontail Teemo
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » April 3, 2016 3:49pm | Report
How do you even deal with Warlock's Golem now that you can destroy them with purge? At least early in the game the golem is extremely powerful and if Warlock is able to get an early Aghs you are pretty much fu*ked.

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » April 3, 2016 4:45pm | Report
*can't, you mean?

he really needs levels/his agh's, and he has no reliable way to farm. So try denying him easy access to his midas

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » April 3, 2016 6:02pm | Report
Warlock's golems are susceptible to spells just as much as heroes are, so stunning them, nuking them, slowing them etc. can turn them into easy money.

In general, though, there are two main ways of dealing with the golems: jump on Warlock and burst him down before he gets the cast off, or bait the golems and disengage. If you can fight around the ultimate during the early game, the cores should be able to deal with them in the mid to late game and get extra cash.

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » April 3, 2016 6:38pm | Report
Pick OD and somehow deal bonus damage to summoned units :D

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » April 3, 2016 8:10pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

*can't, you mean?

Yup, my bad.
I can see how you could try to disengage and figth around Warlock's ultimate, but you also have to take into account that the ultimate has a huge AoE stun, and that is not easy to coordinate a retreat. Maybe jump into Warlock and burst him down is more safe. Thanks to all of you for the advices.
Now, in a separate topic, I played a game yesterday as Wraith King and I build an Eye of Skadi, is the item a good replacemt for a Heart of Tarrasque or the extra hp and strength in heart is just better?

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 3, 2016 8:13pm | Report
Did you notice in the recent updates that the courier's magic immunity is no longer purgeable? This means Shadow Demon is no longer the best courier sniper :)
(yes, he could ult couriers and oneshot them. Why nerf Icefraud??)

Sp3ctr3 wrote:

I played a game yesterday as Wraith King and I build an Eye of Skadi, is the item a good replacemt for a Heart of Tarrasque or the extra hp and strength in heart is just better?

Eye of Skadi being the best item in the game, of course it's a great item on Wraith King. The slow prevents him from getting kited, it gives armor and attack speed which heart doesn't, and more importantly on WK it gives tons of mana...making it the second best item to counter mana burn after BKB, so that he can always get his ult off.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » April 3, 2016 8:13pm | Report
Can anyone tell me the itemisation for earth spirit? Like, do I rush an aghs after arcane boots? Or do I get blink then aghs?

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » April 3, 2016 8:15pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Did you notice in the recent updates that the courier's magic immunity is no longer purgeable? This means Shadow Demon is no longer the best courier sniper :)
(yes, he could ult couriers and oneshot them. Why nerf Icefraud??)

RIP that hero's niche I guess.

Axe can still cull the little donkey so there's still some comedy left in dota.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 3, 2016 8:28pm | Report
I hope he can still do it with aghs at least. Break should still remove the passive, right?
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved