Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

DotA 2 Smalltalk

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » DotA 2 Smalltalk 213 posts - page 5 of 22
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Janitsu » April 5, 2016 2:35pm | Report
Do people like basically always use smart/quickcast in DotA? In League you are probably a newbie if you don't use that and attack move.

Janitsu
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (74)
Steam: Cottontail Teemo
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » April 5, 2016 5:03pm | Report
Sando wrote:

Where do you bind your abilities and items then?

I deliberately bought a small keyboard...

WASD for camera

1234 (QE) for abilities.

RTFVCX for items

Space for forced attack/deny

Also... is LD's bear supposed to disable backdoor?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » April 5, 2016 8:26pm | Report
@sofa
I don't think you can assign control groups to anything excepts numbers.

@jani
Some do and some don't. AFAIK quickcast is not well known in the lower brackets which comprises a majority of dota players. Atleast none of my friends irl with whom I play DOTA evenn know about quickcast even though they have put some 600 hours into the game.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 6, 2016 1:39am | Report
I haven't had the time to play with the new quickcast mechanic, so can you tell me :

- Can you TP to base by ALT - tapping a Town Portal Scroll or Boots of Travel on a quickcast slot

- Can you TP to base by ALT - tapping Furion's Teleportation when set on quickcast?

Thanks.

(If you can do that I'm putting every single spell and item slot on every hero on quickcast)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » April 6, 2016 1:56am | Report
Actually you could always do that and yes now it is just easier. With the previous setting you just had to set your keys on quickcast, agree with the option "double cast allows for selfcast". Than you also had to set your normal keys to every key+alt and than change your mean usage to quickast. This way you had quickcast but if you press ALT you used normalcast.

Also I had 2 buttons on normal cast for my items for tp's and forcestaff and my four other keys were automaticily quickcast.
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 6, 2016 3:42am | Report
Yeah I forgot Force Staff which was impractical with quickcast as well. It's true that you could kind of make it work before by setting Alt+key to normal cast on top of a quickcast setting, but then you had to alt + double tap the key, which was kind of impractical. alt + single tap is much faster.

So now Alt + TP scroll, Alt + forcestaff and Alt + Furion TP all work? If that's so it's awesome.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » April 8, 2016 7:19am | Report
HeyGuys. Got two more drafts here you guys mind checking it out? Thanks.

Dire

Radiant
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » April 8, 2016 7:43am | Report
I never noticed any change with the "new" quick cast.
Always used it. But yeah...some dota players are really unwillingly to learn...
In my opinion "a true master is an eternal student".

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 8, 2016 8:32am | Report
michimatsch wrote:

I never noticed any change with the "new" quick cast.

You can still do all that you could do before with quickcast, so it's normal that you don't notice any change. It's just that now there are some new things that work.

The big change is that a LOT of things that were "bugged" such as casting abilities on self (double tapping didn't work), and casting TPs on base by double-tapping them didn't work. So you had to selectively put some specific skills and item slots on normal cast. Now, visibly you don't have to do that anymore.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » April 8, 2016 12:44pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

You can still do all that you could do before with quickcast, so it's normal that you don't notice any change. It's just that now there are some new things that work.

The big change is that a LOT of things that were "bugged" such as casting abilities on self (double tapping didn't work), and casting TPs on base by double-tapping them didn't work. So you had to selectively put some specific skills and item slots on normal cast. Now, visibly you don't have to do that anymore.

So now if I have an ability on q-cast, double-tap will work? It used to not be like that just a couple of weeks ago when I set up quick cast. Or are you talking about alt-click as an alternative solution?

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved