Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

DotA 2 Smalltalk

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » DotA 2 Smalltalk 213 posts - page 21 of 22
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » June 20, 2016 6:15am | Report
That'd never happen lol you need a team of at least 5ks to do that and there isn't a single active 5k on the forum atm(if you don't count Hades).

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » June 20, 2016 6:39am | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

Surely you'd cast Empower on an Omniknight team mate so he can farm faster? Not ahead of your cores, because even if you have ranged cores you still prioritise them, but if I had support Omni and already had my blink, I'd give him the Empower since it's an Omni.

Yes, sure. But that's a different topic. I was talking purely about teamfights. The point was that before a teamfight starts you can Empower all your damage dealers.

The point was that Bloodthorn allows your cores (and yourself) to do massive damage during Reverse Polarity because if they have the brains to attack the marked target you pretty much give them a free Daedalus on steroids on top of a free Battle Fury. Huge cleaving crits, so you're sure that everything inside the RP dies.
While on the other hand aghs doesn't give you any additional damage unless you have a ranged carry in your team.

It's actually a pretty big deal IMO because one of the big downsides of Magnus was that he used to be a big CC machine with no damage.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » June 20, 2016 7:21am | Report
Ogre gets bloodlust on him and does become right click relevant.
Late game, a support nyx with eblade has enough right click potential

My comparison was aghs vs bloodthorn where you have either one or the other. I prefer aghs and told you why. Not because it's ******ed 5 carry draft pickup, rather it becomes relevant if you have a transitioning hero making 4 heroes in total to be empowered. Does it make you clear on my stance why I was making a case to buy aghs? I don't have a problem with pressing W, it's about time window and substituting actions per minute and getting a splash on ranged heroes.

And a ******ed team will indeed be one if you don't have a ranged hero, going 5 melee draft.

Aren't we considering right click damage here to measure which item is more relevant than the other? I made a case for aghs being a 4k item doing much work and being an item worth every gold spent. Even comparing it to bloodthorn, it is a respectable damage increase to you, a perma 1.5 crit for you comparing it to 1.35 occasional with a potential for amplifying team attacks on targets which aghs also does in the fact, by a very comparable magnitude.

If you are buffing all 5 means you only have an 8 second time window to do everything else, plus no splash on range heroes that is especially good.

That aura point really hurt my imagination , here I was thinking mag and TB would be BFFs

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » June 20, 2016 7:44am | Report
Auras DO affect illusions, but what the aura gives generally doesn't.

Since illusions don't benefit from raw damage, Empower does nothing for them. Neither does Vladimir's Offering as illusions don't get armour.

Oddly, I do believe some attack speed auras work with illusions, such as Drums of Endurance and Assault Cuirass. Attack speed with illusions is very, very inconsistent.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » June 20, 2016 8:04am | Report
According to the wiki, they do. Under the chart of 'working attack speed sources', AC is listed, along with Inner Beast, War Drums Aura and Feral Impulse. Again, really inconsistent.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » June 20, 2016 8:25am | Report
Terathiel wrote:

According to the wiki, they do. Under the chart of 'working attack speed sources', AC is listed, along with Inner Beast, War Drums Aura and Feral Impulse. Again, really inconsistent.

Errata : Okay, visibly the wiki was changed a lot since the last time I read it.

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Illusions#Attack_speed

Now it lists all the attack speed stuff that does affect illusions and indeed Assault Cuirass is one of them.

Before it clearly said that drum and yasha were the only sources of attack speed that worked on illusions.

Man this is screwed up.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » June 20, 2016 8:27am | Report
I *think* it works with Endurance-Aura based passives, but have no logic for the attack speed debuffs. Volvo errata please?

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » June 20, 2016 8:29am | Report
Terathiel wrote:

I *think* it works with Endurance-Aura based passives, but have no logic for the attack speed debuffs. Volvo errata please?

Yeah, because Grow's raw attack speed reduction is clearly based on endurance aura that's why illusions get it as well...

OSFrog dota right there.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » July 3, 2016 6:12am | Report
To make up for the unfair Phantom Lancer nerf, why not make a Diffusal Blade 3?

Diffusal 3

Mana burned per hit increased to 50 on heroes
Mana burned per hit increased to 30 on illusions
Does not restore charges to the item when upgraded (number of charges stays the same)
Charges are now restored at the rate of 1 charge / 60 seconds

To anyone saying "hey that's a 50% DPS increase on PL", well look at the old 6.81 diffusal 2 which was 36 mana burned per hit.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TrumpetsGo » August 1, 2016 1:44am | Report
is it good to build hand of mordigan the first item for wraith king?..

TrumpetsGo

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved